• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Apple iPad Air 16GB Wi-Fi Space Gray or Silver Refurbished: Computers : Walmart.com
Disclaimer
WalMart.com - Apple iPad Air 16GB Wi-Fi (Space Gray or Silver) Refurbished $429.00

Link 

Walmart
Need a Walmart coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

ipad
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I laughed after reading one of the comments -"I have Ipad. I am classy." Green for Deal.

10credi said:   I laughed after reading one of the comments -"I have Ipad. I am classy." Green for Deal.
  .....This Air or the Surface Pro brick .... decision ....decision.
The brick is $20 more but 128Gb yes 128Gb..... but its a brick compare to this air
Full computing capacity but less touch apps
Metro IE is great (but with the fatal refresh when go back thing, for when internet bandwidth is limited) swipe left to go back and swipe right for predictive page. This is great for Fatwallet when viewing page 1 swipe right go to page 2 instead of pressing next button.  Address bar is at the bottom so you dont travel all the way up top to do things. Full flash, java full internet not just html5.... on and on
Window 8.1 touch optimize OS, swipe down to close app, swipe left to go back to the previous app (which run in the background instead of suspending-like Pandora music or any app) swipe-in from right edge for setting....swipe swipe swipe..... great things for touch......
External SD storage for when 128Gb is not enough..my 1TB hard drives...

I think the Surface Pro is a much better deal just for the storage. Ten times the memory for $20 more and you can just plug in any external hard drive for even more storage, no need to reencode/transcode or buy Plex/Play to play my movies. Will go to the gym and work out to get ready for this surface pro  I have the Dell Venue 8 Pro and I love it but the screen is a little small.

tuan2 said:   I think the Surface Pro is a much better deal just for the storage. 

I think that there is a lot more than that in the Surface Pro's favor - the Surface Pro is like a reasonably high-end ultrabook in a tablet form factor, with a Wacom digitizer for drawing or note taking. The iPad Air is thinner and lighter, with longer battery life, and if that is your only concern, it seems to do that well (albeit at a steep, steep price). But in my opinion, if you're going to pay for an upgraded processor to run (mostly) the same App Store apps as on your iPad 2, you might as well get something that can replace your other PCs for the same price, while still being essentially as portable. I also think that the Windows Store has 90% of the important apps at this point, and the Surface Pro is capable enough to fill in the gaps elsewhere (like playing the Flash version of Candy Crush, or doing legitimate PC gaming [on reasonable settings]).

That said, I also agree with you on the storage - 16GB didn't go too far on a tablet in 2010, so what good is an A7 processor with 16GB today? And 16GB at a retail (new) price of $499? People actually pay that?

iPad price is now $399

iPad Air price is reduced to $399 today. Updating my post.

Damn, REALLY needing a 32 or 64 refurb...missed the last WalMart ones by just a few minutes. Hopefully they'll be back...

Bought yesterday at 10AM, delivered this morning at 8AM. That's fast!

This is the fourth one of these WalMart iPad Air refurbs I've gotten. This looks like new just like the rest.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014