• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hey guys - I have been watching this Samsonite 5 Piece luggage set for the past couple of days on Amazon.com and I noticed that Amazon just dropped the price pretty significantly this morning to $77.98.  According to camelcamelcamel, it looks like $77.98 is the all-time low price (maybe they are trying to clearance it out?).  Just wanted to pass it along.  I was planning to buy at $99.99 so I’m pretty stoked with the discount! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VEKR4Y 

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

samsonite
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Been down this road with cheap luggage and never again.  Hard sided 4 wheelers are the best..........

bilyclub (Feb. 26, 2014 @ 11:39a) |

I also read the reviews posted. I was a little hesitant, but for 62 bucks shipped with Prime, I cannot wait on a better... (more)

Rookie555 (Feb. 26, 2014 @ 1:09p) |

thanx daughter is coming home for spring break, will be able to send her back with new luggage.
20% code worked wonderful... (more)

nmsmith (Feb. 26, 2014 @ 3:33p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Dead already.

89.99 now!

$79.99 still in black!

77.98 for me.

Amazon 20% Promo
Disclaimer
WOW ..... I had a "20% off clothing, shoes, jewelry & watches" coupon code and it worked on this item. I guess because it's in the "clothing & accessories" department. Total (AP) cost $62.38 (20% off $77.98) for a black set!

The 20% off codes are still available. I was searching for a pair of running shoes and it was on the screen for a pair of Men's Asics Gel-Nimbus 15's. I just logged in with my wife's account (she is NOT AP), searched for the same shoe and it was still there (and now I have another code).

Edit:  Second thoughts .... might return them.  Pretty horrible reviews (read the first couple dozen - set for "most recent first")

subscribe email and got the code instantly. Thanks MisterEd!

how did you subscribe it? thanks

WOWWW... the 20% code subscription actually worked. Thanks VulcanMike!!!

Thanks to all in this posting, I got in on the deal with 20% code as well (subscribed and got it immediately).

Thanks OP!

Great price OP, but looking for a deal on a spinner carryon..

vickh said:   Great price OP, but looking for a deal on a spinner carryon..
I was flying to Charlotte once, and in front of me when we were boarding the
plane was a vulture with a dead possum under one wing, and a dead squirrel
under the other.

The flight attendant stopped him though.  "I'm sorry, sir, you're only allowed one carrion."

SelfGovern said:   
vickh said:   Great price OP, but looking for a deal on a spinner carryon..
I was flying to Charlotte once, and in front of me when we were boarding the
plane was a vulture with a dead possum under one wing, and a dead squirrel
under the other.

The flight attendant stopped him though.  "I'm sorry, sir, you're only allowed one carrion."

Funny!  But a lot of folks just won't get it.  

in for one

20% coupon came immediately after signing up.  Used it on the black set of luggage.  Great deal.

I like the red color ones.

Fantastic deal!!!
I got the black set for $66.12 delivered (free delivery).
The purple and red sets cost more, so I opted for the black. I was going to get the purple set....it makes finding your stuff MUCH easier at the airport baggage carousel.
But I'm not complaining!!
Thanks everyone!! Another great FW find.

Thanks to both hajohnso2 and MisterEd.

This is a very good deal on Samsonite luggage. I was at a Samsonite Luggage Store at an Outlets mall a couple of weeks ago and even with a big sale going on the cheapest single 26" they had was more than this. I got the 20% code and ordered a set in Black for $62.38 delivered before TAX of about $5

Cheers

wow I end up paying only $66.xx for the set with free 2 day shipping, I think even just the shipping cost for such a big luggage set using 2-day delivery would be more than $70, cannot imagine Amazon making money out of this. Just a few days ago I had to ship a small box of less than 10lb using 2-day shipping and it costed me a few ten bucks.

Thanks, just got one with the coupon, I wore out my luggage over the last 10 years and had to toss it before my last move.

Yay! I need one, I just checked and it's $75.00 & FREE Shipping!

62.38 shipped Prime, nice deal. Thanks OP!

N41, black set plus additional 20% off. Thanks!!

Deal still works. Got one and was also still able to use 20% off. Thanks!!!

Thanks OP - got in for a set with the 20% off. Great deal

Bought it for $62 with discount and prime shipping, will arrive Friday. Great deal, thanks all!

Great price indeed at $62, but after reading some reviews and looking closely at the pictures, it seems I am going to wait for a better quality.
I travel internationally once a year, and already have enough unusable broken cheap travel bags (with each of them surviving around 2 trips, if I am lucky)

Thanks OP for the deal and thanks MisterEd for the coupon tip

I read the reviews on this as well, but still ordered the set. Luckily, the Samsonite repair facility is about 5 miles from my house, so I was planning on bringing it over there for a little warranty work after doing my own "stress-test" on it. The biggest complaint was about a little plastic piece in the handle. I'm planning on busting it about 10 minutes after the package arrives. LOL.

For legal purposes:
I'm just kidding!!!! This post is meant to be humorous and in no way represents any crime (intended or otherwise). I would never purposefully break any item in order to prevent a well-known and documented manufacturing defect from occurring at the worst possible time (while in an airport in a foreign country).

LOL!

Thanks again for the great deal!

The reviews scared me away from the Samsonite so I bought this Rockland Luggage Four-Piece Luggage Set for $63 shipped instead it had slightly better reviews  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JRNP2I/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_...

Been down this road with cheap luggage and never again.  Hard sided 4 wheelers are the best..........

I also read the reviews posted. I was a little hesitant, but for 62 bucks shipped with Prime, I cannot wait on a better deal. Traveling next month, this is exactly what I need!

thanx daughter is coming home for spring break, will be able to send her back with new luggage.
20% code worked wonderfully.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014