• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Lenovo Miix2 - Atom 1.33 GHz - 8 1280 x 800 - 2 GB RAM - Silver
Disclaimer
Lenovo - Miix 2 8" Tablet - 32GB - Silver  Model: 59393605 - $199.99 +1.5% CashBack!

• ​8" 5-point touch-screen IPS display with 1280 x 800 resolution
  • 1.8 GHz =15 Intel Bay Trail quad-core processor
  • 2 GB of LPDDR Memory
  • 32 GB of storage
  • 8.0 MP back facing camera, 2.0 MP front facing camera
  • Windows 8

Lowest price for Bestbuy! (Check It! ) (Google Shopping )

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great deal. In 4 1.

Decent specs, albeit 64GB would be much, much better.
Lenovo quality as of late, however....

sixt7gt350 said:   Decent specs, albeit 64GB would be much, much better.

You crazy? This thing is pretty powerful for a tablet!

It's practically a netbook with those specs!

MSFT Office 5 years ago: $399.

Today? Free with a $199 tablet.

I like where this is going.

Android will run on this soon. Not a bad price, either.

; )

Oh, and in for one myself.

Reviews on both Best Buy and Amazon are mostly good.

i have this tablet! love it! but they coming out with a new model like next month, called Thinkpad 8.

From Amazon review, for those who are interested in Dell Venue Pro 8

I'm going to post this review under both the Dell Venue 8 Pro and the Lenovo Miix 8 as I believe some people may find the comparison helpful.

I will cut to the chase and say that I have decided to keep the Venue 8 Pro and return the Lenovo Miix 8. I rated both of the devices a 5 because they are both very similar and I didn't feel it was fair to dock the Lenovo just because I preferred the Dell. If I could have rated the Lenovo 4.75, I would have.

Here is what I like and dislike about both devices:

1. Screen on the Dell is better than the Lenovo in my opinion. For example, in the Kindle App for Windows 8, after changing the settings to white text on black background, you get a truly "black" background on the Dell whereas it is more of a gray on the Lenovo. Also, the colors just seem to be more accurate on the Dell. The Lenovo offers a brighter screen but the Dell is plenty bright for me. I was also able to dim the backlight on the Dell more than the Lenovo which was helpful to me for nighttime reading. These are not major issues but it was something I noticed after comparing side by side.

2. I have grown to prefer the build materials and quality of the Dell more than the Lenovo. The Lenovo is thinner and lighter which I thought was something that was important to me, but the Dell is much more comfortable to hold. This is mainly because the Dell is made from some sort of rubberized plastic material that is very "grippy". It just feels comfortable to hold. The Lenovo on the other hand is made from some sort of slick plastic and it always felt like I was going to drop it. Also, the Lenovo made a faint "creaking" and "crackling" sound whenever I held it.

3. I originally didn't like Dell's placement of the start button on top of the device, and this was one of the reasons that I purchased the Lenovo. After using them both, I have grown to prefer Dell's implementation since I don't ever power off the device. The Start button acts as my "on" button and I have grown accustomed to the placement. I thought I would prefer the Lenovo with its capacitive button, but I find myself having to hit the button at least twice to activate it which is very frustrating. I realize it must be very difficult to design a capacitive button with just the right level of sensitivity, but if Surface and many Android tablets can pull it off, so should Lenovo. Hopefully both companies will figure out a way to engineer a hard button on the front like on the iPad.

4. I thought I would prefer having the GPS that the Lenovo offers, but since there aren't currently any good GPS apps for Windows 8 touch devices, I didn't find much use for it. I tried it with Streets and Trips and the program would not recognize the GPS sensor.

5. I get slightly better sound quality from the headphone jack of the Dell than I do with the Lenovo. It's just a minor difference and probably just a matter of personal preference, but it is something that is important to me.

6. Actual user performance on both devices was about equal for me, even though the Lenovo apparently offers a slightly better processor.

7. The Lenovo offers a cheaper case and stylus than the Dell. I have found the Lenovo case and stylus for as low as twenty dollars here on Amazon.

8. I was able to pick up the Dell unit for twenty five dollars less than the Lenovo and see a lot of deals on the 32 gb version of the Dell. Something to consider.

9. Battery life seems to be similar on both but I can't say I have performed any scientific tests to verify.

SSi said:   From Amazon review, for those who are interested in Dell Venue Pro 8

I'm going to post this review under both the Dell Venue 8 Pro and the Lenovo Miix 8 as I believe some people may find the comparison helpful.

this is just one person opinion.
here is my review.
Lenovo miix2 is THINNER AND LIGHTER then Dell Venue Pro8. 
Lenovo miix2 will charge on anything as long as it' microUSB input.
Dell Venue Pro8 WONT CHARGE with usb port on computer, miix2 DOES!
Dell Venue Pro8  WONT CHARGE with car charger, miix2 DOES!

Himahana said:   
sixt7gt350 said:   Decent specs, albeit 64GB would be much, much better.

You crazy? This thing is pretty powerful for a tablet!

It's practically a netbook with those specs!

Dang, that's a lot of red! Maybe I just don't get the fervor over an 8" tablet with limited built-in storage.
It's a Windows machine, not Android.
Windows8 and installed programs eat almost all of the 32GB, leaving the user with very little.
My Samsung tablet has 64GB and I still had to add a 64GB SD to feel comfortable with usable space.

Sold out.

BACK IN STOCK.

netnerd said:   i have this tablet! love it! but they coming out with a new model like next month, called Thinkpad 8.

The TP8 is the MIix2's counterpart, it's not a successor. TP8 has an 8.3 inch display that is higher quality, but internals are largely unchanged.

Miix 2 is the FW version of the TP 8

FYI, Amazon is price matching.

"13 left in stock, more on the way."

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-IdeaTab-Miix2-8-Inch-Tablet/dp/B00F... 

Edit: appears Amazon is sold out and only marketplace vendors are left at higher prices.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014