• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Check your AMEX accounts. Found this offer today under Offers For You. YMMV.

OFFER DETAILS
Spend a total of $5 or more on iTunes using your enrolled American Express Card by 5/31/14 and get a one-time $5 statement credit.

TERMS
Offer valid only for iTunes purchases; not valid for any other purchases of Apple products in-store or online. Offer valid only for purchases made with your enrolled Card. Please make sure that your enrolled Card is the payment method set for your iTunes account in order to redeem the offer. Enrollment is limited. Offer is non-transferable. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not provided until after 4/30/14, it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 4/30/14, provided that American Express receives information from Apple about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from Apple until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided by Apple. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the stmt credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with Apple. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the stmt credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a 3rd party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID: AZZN:0001

Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

itunes (85.93kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks, NoMoneyInMyWallet. I updated the title & post with the new expiration date.

nick555 (May. 01, 2014 @ 11:41a) |

Thanks a bunch! Was able to top up my existing balance with the $10 gift to myself as mentioned above no problem!

GamerDad (May. 02, 2014 @ 9:43a) |

U can also gift yourself an app. When u do that it doesn't use your credit. Makes u charge to credit card. Won't work fo... (more)

yelloe1213 (May. 09, 2014 @ 1:41p) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
does it have to be 1 app or can it be 2 apps over $5?

rated:
BOO HOO - I didn't get that one. I only get stupid offers. I know they base offers on previous purchases - but still can't find the pattern they use.

rated:
No iTunes, but I do have MURRAY'S CHEESE BAR!! WooHoo!     Have to check my other 15 account numbers. 

rated:
in...

rated:
Got it on 2 accounts.

rated:
Thanks!   My Hilton Amex had the offer.

rated:
It is quite irritating that iTunes does not seem to allow an iTunes GC purchase less than $10.

rated:
RagingBull said:   does it have to be 1 app or can it be 2 apps over $5?

Offer says a total of $5 so as long as your multiple purchases totals over $5, you will get the statement credit.

rated:
Got it, thanks OP, anybody got any ideas on what to buy?

rated:
Not on my platinum.....just junk offers.

rated:
in....

rated:
Thank you! I found this offer under my PRG.

rated:
Thanks, OP! I've got the offer. Wondering how I can use it, I already have a credit balance on iTunes...

Ideas?

rated:
crap i just bought an app but realized it was 4.99 so I'll probably get burned. dumb.

rated:
Go buy a 99 cent app quick.  Apple usually will combine the transactions into one charge.

rated:
IronTek said:   Go buy a 99 cent app quick.  Apple usually will combine the transactions into one charge.
  It doesn't have to be a single transaction for this promotion....can be on different days as long as it adds up to $5 or more, you will get $5 credit.

rated:
0/3 for me.  AmEx doesn't love me anymore. 

Chris.

rated:
howie999 said:   Thanks, OP! I've got the offer. Wondering how I can use it, I already have a credit balance on iTunes...

Ideas?

same here. what to do?

rated:
dealslover007 said:   
howie999 said:   Thanks, OP! I've got the offer. Wondering how I can use it, I already have a credit balance on iTunes...

Ideas?

same here. what to do?

Can you buy an iTunes GC with the credit balance to zero it out and then buy something else?  PS---bought MLB At-Bat 14 which has the GameDay Audio for $20 - $5.  I was going to buy anyway so thanks for the extra $$ off!

rated:
Thanks OP! Plat card had the offer

rated:
Is this available for AmEx branded cards from other banks? And add-on cards with different numbers?

rated:
tranpkp said:   crap i just bought an app but realized it was 4.99 so I'll probably get burned. dumb.
  Sales tax may save you.

rated:
To those who already have a balance, you can open a new account and then use that new account to gift your usual account any apps or music you want. Once you're done you can get rid of this new account.

rated:
MisterEd said:   No iTunes, but I do have MURRAY'S CHEESE BAR!! WooHoo!     Have to check my other 15 account numbers. 
  Ended up on 1 account (Platinum Bus) out of 16.

rated:
Did anyone get the $5 credit or even the usual "thank you for using your registered card" email?

rated:
Thanks! Great deal!

rated:
No email or credit for me yet, used it a couple of days ago...

rated:
strkx said:   To those who already have a balance, you can open a new account and then use that new account to gift your usual account any apps or music you want. Once you're done you can get rid of this new account.

No need; you can't use your iTunes credit to purchase a gift certificate.  Even if you have a balance, they'll charge your credit card for gift purchases.

rated:
Received confirmation e-mail and the $5 credit. (Purchase was a $10 iTunes gift card.)

rated:
I just found a new $5 off $5 iTunes that showed up today on 1 of my Amex cards. It wasn't there originally when this first posted but is today (4/1), So check again if you didn't get it before.

rated:
Yes. it's showing up in 3 of my family's accounts. Nice deal.

rated:
MisterEd said:   I just found a new $5 off $5 iTunes that showed up today on 1 of my Amex cards. It wasn't there originally when this first posted but is today (4/1), So check again if you didn't get it before.
  Same here. 

rated:
maddybeagle said:   
MisterEd said:   I just found a new $5 off $5 iTunes that showed up today on 1 of my Amex cards. It wasn't there originally when this first posted but is today (4/1), So check again if you didn't get it before.
  Same here. 

Me too.  3 of 3 cards.

Chris.

rated:
Thanks! This came up on my Costco AMEX.

rated:
maybe a dumb question. This offer is for iTune purchase. Will purchase at app store qualify? Thanks.

rated:
If you accepted the offer for your card, you will receive an email from Amex regarding how to redeem this offer. In that email it states -
Be sure to check out some of the year's best movies on iTunes. You can also take advantage of this special offer from American Express when you purchase books, music, TV shows on iTunes and apps on the App Store.

It clearly mentions purchase for apps on the App Store qualifies.

rated:
cpaynter said:     
Me too.  3 of 3 cards.

Chris.

On a single login, or 3 separate? I got it on one card each on my login and my wife's.

rated:
Paks12 said:   If you accepted the offer for your card, you will receive an email from Amex regarding how to redeem this offer.
How quickly? I loaded the offer a couple of hours ago and haven't received an email.

I was going to just send a $5 gift to myself but it appears that the minimum you can do is $10. I have credit on my account. Can someone suggest a quick way to spend $5 without actually buying music/video/apps now or clearing out my gift card balance?

Skipping 24 Messages...
rated:
U can also gift yourself an app. When u do that it doesn't use your credit. Makes u charge to credit card. Won't work for in app purchases since u can't gift that anymore.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014