• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

The iPhone 5s or iphone 5c are available from Virgin Mobile. Get a no contract plan with unlimited data and messaging. Virgin Mobile also carries the iPhone 5s, iPhone 4 and more |Virgin Mobile USA
Disclaimer
Virgin Mobile has their network-locked Apple iPhone 5s 16GB Prepaid No Contract Smartphone for $384.99 with free shipping. Price will drop in cart.

Unlimited data and messaging plans start from $35 per month.

Available in Space Grey, Gold or Silver. Alternatively, the 32GB iPhone is available for $454.99 and the 64GB is $524.99.

Virgin Mobile
See Virgin Mobile discounts that earn $17.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Virgin Mobile Apple iPhone 5s 16GB Prepaid No Contract Smartphone
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
FYI the link above is from Virgin Mobile's Australian website, unfortunately I don't think it's relevant for Virgin USA... (more)

eyebright (Mar. 23, 2014 @ 4:15p) |

Something I tried in the past:
Use the carrier for a few months. Call the CSR and tell him/her you are going on a busines... (more)

freejunkmail (Mar. 27, 2014 @ 4:57p) |

If you are going to do that, you may as well just buy a factory unlocked device from apple or buy a verizon branded ipho... (more)

outtawhack (Mar. 27, 2014 @ 8:58p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can we unlock it?

nodochauninja said:   Can we unlock it?

Every time there is a Virgin Mobile post there is always someone who asks if it can be unlocked. The answer is always the same, no.

The iphone plans are the only phones that receive a $5 discount when you set up automatic payments with VM service.

robasha4 said:   

Every time there is a Virgin Mobile post there is always someone who asks if it can be unlocked. The answer is always the same, no.

Has anyone ever tried by using one of those many sites that say they can unlock any locked phone for 20-25$? I would think Virgin Mobile probably made sure that this is not possible, but don't know if there is anyone out there who has ever tried

Is that considered a really good deal? I have Virgin Mobile and have been wanting an iphone and didn't know if i should wait until next year on black Friday?

dhpratibha said:   
robasha4 said:   

Has anyone ever tried by using one of those many sites that say they can unlock any locked phone for 20-25$? I would think Virgin Mobile probably made sure that this is not possible, but don't know if there is anyone out there who has ever tried

Robasha4 is right, Virgin Mobile puts code in their phones to turn it into a brick when you try that.

Is this considered a better than the Galaxy SIII 4g LTE for 249.99 on Virgin?

Well it's faster and it's got a finger print sensor, oh and it's an iphone so yeah better then SIII

teddybe88 said:   Is that considered a really good deal? I have Virgin Mobile and have been wanting an iphone and didn't know if i should wait until next year on black Friday?
 You have to decide if you want/need a new phone (and which version) now or wait and in theory prices will drop. This is the cheapest I've seen for VM iphones and don't forget CB. IMO I would consider this a good deal if you really need/want a new phone.

I have an HTC Evo 3g that I paid too much for and the camera is broken and the battery only lasts about half a day. It works though and I could wait.

I can't get the site to take my address and support is no help -_____-

teddybe88 said:   Is this considered a better than the Galaxy SIII 4g LTE for 249.99 on Virgin?

Not sure if it's an email directly to certain people but i just got an email from Virgin Mobile that shows $50 off galaxy S3 and $30 off F3. When i click on the link, it shows the price of $224.95 for the S3.

I am going to order 2 iphones from Virgin Mobile is there any way to get $35.00 Cash Back if I order one phone and my wife orders one or can I only get just the $17.50?

I'm having the exact same problem, the ordering portion of the site is broke, it won't let me get past submitting my credit card.    Anyone able to order from the site?

teddybe88 said:   Is that considered a really good deal? I have Virgin Mobile and have been wanting an iphone and didn't know if i should wait until next year on black Friday?
  This is the same price the iPhone 5 was going for this past Cyber Monday on Virgin Mobile, if that helps you make up your mind.

My understating is all recent iPhones are inherently unlocked. My Verizon iphone works on Net10 (it's not only CDMA it's also GSM).
Correct me if I am wrong, I think unlocking was the outcome of a lawsuit on Apple!

I just ordered 2 iPhones no problem at all.

Verizon had to UNLOCK the GSM side of all their iPhone 5s's.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5902646

ovaloffice said:   My understating is all recent iPhones are inherently unlocked. My Verizon iphone works on Net10 (it's not only CDMA it's also GSM).
Correct me if I am wrong, I think unlocking was the outcome of a lawsuit on Apple!

No. 

The iPhone 5s has 2 radios. For CDMA carriers it is basically locked to the carrier forever without a lot of hacking. 

You can unlock the gsm radio to work on all gsm carriers, but it requires the carrier to give you the gsm unlock code. 

The loophole which used to allow a third party to unlock your phone for a few dollars was closed this past fall. Now, to get your iphone unlocked to work on gsm networks you have to pay between $100-$150, which brings the cost of this 5s up quite considerably. 

FYI the link above is from Virgin Mobile's Australian website, unfortunately I don't think it's relevant for Virgin USA ...

Something I tried in the past:
Use the carrier for a few months. Call the CSR and tell him/her you are going on a business trip to China or whatever country that uses GSM. If they buy your story, they will give you GSM unlock code.

freejunkmail said:   Something I tried in the past:
Use the carrier for a few months. Call the CSR and tell him/her you are going on a business trip to China or whatever country that uses GSM. If they buy your story, they will give you GSM unlock code.

If you are going to do that, you may as well just buy a factory unlocked device from apple or buy a verizon branded iphone.  

Fact is virgin wouldn't sell these at this price if everyone could cheaply and easily use them with any other carrier. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014