Disclaimer

1 ream 4 cpn sheet
Thanks brusbrother
Disclaimer

Staples Coupons: Coupon Codes Printable Coupons | Staples.com
Thanks lonelyaccountant
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Let us know how long that 15 day delivery takes.

labboypro (May. 02, 2014 @ 9:15a) |

Received the check yesterday, so less than a week!

niniss (May. 07, 2014 @ 7:01a) |

Tracking Results:  Status Details  

Rebate:  $90.00 Check
Rebate Information F... (more)

NoMoneyInMyWallet (May. 18, 2014 @ 11:03a) |

Notable Sunday AM coupons: http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/coupons 

Free after easy rebate and with coupon. HammerMill® Copy Plus® 8.5" x 11" Copy Paper, ream.  In-Store Coupon Code: 73690

Free after easy rebate and with coupon. Staples® 8.5" x 11" Copy Paper, 5-ream case.  In-Store Coupon Code: 56576 
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Most know not to go anywhere near the QB rebate, and Staples keeps inching up the price on the paper, so... meh.  Thanks for posting.

labboypro said:   Most know not to go anywhere near the QB rebate, and Staples keeps inching up the price on the paper, so... meh.  Thanks for posting.

I have to say, I did the Quikbooks at Black Friday and had ZERO issues, followed everything to the letter, it got approved w/o any hassles, even had my check in about 6 weeks versus the sometimes 10-12 forever wait.

So I might bite again if I can turn it into a MM, plus it is $90ish towards Premier spend which is helpful to me as well.

I haven't had any issues w/ QB rebates either and combined w/ the week of 3/2's 15% off one item coupon it becomes a MM. 
OTH, if one doesn't need to spend towards Premier its not worth the hassle. 

labboypro said:   Oops... http://www.forbes.com/sites/maggiemcgrath/2014/03/06/staples-clo... 

It could be a good thing.  Staples stated competition from Amazon and WalMart as reasons for driving down their numbers.  More sales could be a way to bring back the customers, which would benefit all of us.

My Staples retailer has made a few changes that are impacting our relationship to the point that I am looking for something else to spend my Discover Cash Back on. Changes to the ink and rewards programs have caused me to buy ink less often at Staples, to delay each purchase to 210 days, and to buy less ink at each purchase. This has me in the store less often making less impulse purchases. Only allowing five gift cards on a purchase has caused me to shop for computers elsewhere and has me rethinking my discover Cash Back options.

Another consequence of these changes is that I did not visit Staples on Black Friday. In fact, I only made two small purchases there in November and December.

When you couple these changes with the fact that my oldest graduates college next year, it's easy to see why my Staples might be on the list.

I did the QuickBooks rebate on Black Friday and it got rejected because they copied the date wrong off the receipt (or so they claimed when I called them.) However, they did validate it once I called them.

RE:
Staples 3/9-15 Ad

Oh no, that means it is Thursday again......

my4mainecoons said:   I haven't had any issues w/ QB rebates either and combined w/ the week of 3/2's 15% off one item coupon it becomes a MM. 

Hmmm... the 15% coupon makes it slightly more compelling.  Is the possibility of jumping through flaming hoops and waiting 4+ months for payout worth the $10 or so net after taxes???  ... now that I'm typing it out, no... not for me.  But the MM opportunity is definitely there, and if you run into rebate issues, you can invoke Intuit's money back guarantee (though you'll eat the tax, and you'll eat the coupon if your receipt shows the discount-- hint... buy at kiosk and pay at register.  Only the register receipt will reflect coupon.

my4mainecoons said:   I haven't had any issues w/ QB rebates either and combined w/ the week of 3/2's 15% off one item coupon it becomes a MM. 

Hmm...using the 15% on QB is a guaranteed problem getting your rebate. Check the old QB FAR threads % or $ off coupons showing on the QB line item on your receipt s a definite NoNo in the past.

cnIsfg said:   

Hmm...using the 15% on QB is a guaranteed problem getting your rebate. Check the old QB FAR threads % or $ off coupons showing on the QB line item on your receipt s a definite NoNo in the past.

Buying at the kiosk and paying in-store should eliminate the $ off coupon problem since it's categorized as a Staples.com purchase.

Dano

and of course a $10/$50 makes it a $23 MM

my4mainecoons said:   and of course a $10/$50 makes it a $23 MM

Now it's starting to sound worthwhile.  Maybe just go straight for the money back guarantee and not consider submitting the rebate.  I invoked the money back guarantee on one product and had an Intuit-branded check in hand in less than a week (I had to ship the product to them, but that's $2.xx via First Class).

labboypro said:   

Now it's starting to sound worthwhile.  Maybe just go straight for the money back guarantee and not consider submitting the rebate.  I invoked the money back guarantee on one product and had an Intuit-branded check in hand in less than a week (I had to ship the product to them, but that's $2.xx via First Class).

So If we do the money back guarantee way then if  we order by kiosk, pay in store with 15% and 10/50 it should be a $18 MM (after tax for me)?  If it is easy to get a $90 check in hand in short amount of time then it is work it I suppose.

labboypro said:   

So If we do the money back guarantee way then if  we order by kiosk, pay in store with 15% and 10/50 it should be a $18 MM (after tax for me)?  If it is easy to get a $90 check in hand in short amount of time then it is work it I suppose.

mrtrance said:   

Less taxes, less return shipping cost, and as always... YMMV... but, yes, that has been my experience.

labboypro said:   my4mainecoons said:   and of course a $10/$50 makes it a $23 MM

You got return shipping with a tracking # for $2, what method did you use,when I've returned with a tracking # using the PO's cheapest option it's usually approx. $5?

1brooklyn1 said:   
labboypro said:   

You got return shipping with a tracking # for $2, what method did you use,when I've returned with a tracking # using the PO's cheapest option it's usually approx. $5?

tracking is free is you print out first class label from home with their software.

Off topic, but Staples will be shrinking, closing 12% of its North America locations.

You can read about here 

1brooklyn1 said:   
labboypro said:   
(I had to ship the product to them, but that's $2.xx via First Class).

I already stated $2.xx via First Class... USPS electronic rate for 4 oz is $2.01, 5 oz is $2.09, and 6 oz is $2.25, all of which also include Delivery Confirmation.  I'm sure the software weighs AT MOST 6oz... and probably less.  It doesn't need to be be boxed... it comes in its own box.  Tape it shut on both ends and stick a label on it.  Done.

I just weighed one for you.  3.2 oz.

1brooklyn1 said:   
labboypro said:   

Some eBay sellers get great USPS rates, even for a non eBay sale to use eBay shipping there is a workaround to use it.

Thanks for the ad. Unfortunately Staples is killing itself in competition. Last week, Norton Internet Security 2014 3 user 1 year was listed at $79.99 at Staples. On the other hand Amazon was selling it for $19.99

yesidonoitall said:   RE:
Staples 3/9-15 Ad

Oh no, that means it is Thursday again......

I have to agree, I subscribed to "Staples" updates from FW, and I have grown weary of the endless "look at the inane deal in this week's ad" for any item that is on the front page... to up their post count (or are Staples employees).

damnyou said:   Thanks for the ad. Unfortunately Staples is killing itself in competition. Last week, Norton Internet Security 2014 3 user 1 year was listed at $79.99 at Staples. On the other hand Amazon was selling it for $19.99

You certainly could have PM'd to AMZN price. Or... waited until it was FAR.

I see QuickBooks Pro as 179 in the Ad. Where do you see free after 80 rebate?
NM....Its online edition..bummer.

kingno1 said:   I see QuickBooks Pro as 179 in the Ad. Where do you see free after 80 rebate?

not only that but there's a huge difference between QB Simple Start and QB Pro. 

my4mainecoons said:   
kingno1 said:   I see QuickBooks Pro as 179 in the Ad. Where do you see free after 80 rebate?

not only that but there's a huge difference between QB Simple Start and QB Pro. 

Yeah, with SS they're charging for something that should be free (software that accesses their website)... because they hit you with recurring monthly subscription charges to access and manipulate your own data (on their site) after an intro period (a year?  a few months??).

labboypro said:   1brooklyn1 said:   
labboypro said:   
(I had to ship the product to them, but that's $2.xx via First Class).

I already stated $2.xx via First Class... USPS electronic rate for 4 oz is $2.01, 5 oz is $2.09, and 6 oz is $2.25, all of which also include Delivery Confirmation.  I'm sure the software weighs AT MOST 6oz... and probably less.  It doesn't need to be be boxed... it comes in its own box.  Tape it shut on both ends and stick a label on it.  Done.

Just to clarify,you go to the PO, return it exactly as purchased, just taping both ends,select first class delivery,which will only cost $2 and include delivery confirmation?

1brooklyn1 said:   Just to clarify,you go to the PO, return it exactly as purchased, just taping both ends,select first class delivery,which will only cost $2 and include delivery confirmation?
No.  You generate the label on your computer, print label at home.  Cheaper rate than going to the post office.  First Class Parcel includes delivery confirmation.
I pay $2.42 to ship 4 oz packages.  If I were a bigger eBayer (like yesidonoitall) it would be even cheaper.

(OT: Paypal seems to be having issues today.)

1brooklyn1 said:   
Just to clarify,you go to the PO, return it exactly as purchased, just taping both ends,select first class delivery,which will only cost $2 and include delivery confirmation?

Read QB's "unconditional 60-day money back guarantee" and return process here-- http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/articles/INF12725

And then, stick a copy of your invoice (the kiosk one is better if you used coupons at the register) in the box, slap some tape on both ends, print out electronic rate postage to the tune of $2.01 (at 3.2 oz per my4mainecoons' measurement), which includes FREE Delivery Confirmation, and stick in the mailbox.  Refund check from Intuit should arrive pretty quickly (at least that has been my experience).

my4mainecoons said:   

I have been trying to send money to a fellow FW'er for a couple of days without success.

I presume you can only claim the "unconditional 60-day money back guarantee" once. 
(Why would you buy it again if you were dissatisfied?)

my4mainecoons said:   I presume you can only claim the "unconditional 60-day money back guarantee" once. 
(Why would you buy it again if you were dissatisfied?)

Quite possible, but one could certainly argue that 'limit one per customer' would represent a condition on their "unconditional" guarantee.

my4mainecoons said:   1brooklyn1 said:   Just to clarify,you go to the PO, return it exactly as purchased, just taping both ends,select first class delivery,which will only cost $2 and include delivery confirmation?
No.  You generate the label on your computer, print label at home.  Cheaper rate than going to the post office.  First Class Parcel includes delivery confirmation.
I pay $2.42 to ship 4 oz packages.  If I were a bigger eBayer (like yesidonoitall) it would be even cheaper.

For a non-eBay seller such as myself, what software or website do I use to generate these postage labels?

1brooklyn1 said:   
For a non-eBay seller such as myself, what software or website do I use to generate these postage labels?

This has nothing to do with eBay. Log into Paypal, on the right side of the main screen, click "Multi-order shipping." If you don't see it, switch to classic view in your account settings.

It's showing $49.99, order in the next few minutes before this system updates, turning it into a $40 mm HURRY.

1brooklyn1 said:   It's showing $49.99, order in the next few minutes before this system updates, turning it into a $40 mm HURRY.
  Nice find! Download and Mac versions are $50, boxed is $90. Deal may work on the east coast but they could cancel your order.

Dano

Skipping 138 Messages...
Tracking Results:  Status Details  

Rebate:  $90.00 Check
Rebate Information For:  xxxxxxxxx
Promotion:  $90 Mail In Rebate on Intuit QuickBooks Online Simple Start (SKUs 302818, 302819, 266543, 264284) at Staples
Submission Type:  ON-LINE
Date Received:  03-23-2014
Check Number:  xxxxxx
Check Issue Date:  05-13-2014 (Please allow 15 days for delivery)
Status Detail:  Your rebate is valid. Please allow 15 days for delivery. Thank you.

Received $90 check 05-17-2014.  No issues; took 2 months from submission to check receipt. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014