• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1234 5
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
dboston1 said:   
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
dboston1 said:   Well- I'm dropping out of the QB rebate and taking it back to Staples. When I was filling out the rebate form I noticed it lists the eligible SKUs. I checked the SKU on the box, and it's different than the ones listed. Even though Staples listed this one as qualifying for a $90 rebate, it's not actually eligible. The weird part is that when you type in one of the acceptable SKUs on the Staples site (266543), it takes you to the one that I ordered. I'm not sure if Staples effed up and sent me the wrong one or what happened. Either way, I'm returning it.
Does your UPC say "SKU 421362"?

If I look at my kiosk receipt, it lists Item: 266543, Model: 421362 so it appears that 421362 qualifies for the MIR.

With that said ...

Tracking Results:  Status Details  

Rebate:  $90.00 Check
Rebate Information For:  #########
Promotion:  $90 Mail In Rebate on Intuit QuickBooks Online Simple Start (SKUs 302818, 302819, 266543, 264284) at Staples
Submission Type:  ON-LINE
Date Received:  03-23-2014
Status Detail:  Your rebate has been entered and is scheduled for final processing.

Yes, exactly- the SKU on my box is 421362, which corresponds with Staples' item number 266543. But since the UPC on the box listed the SKU as being different from the approved SKUs for this rebate, I didn't want to risk it. Especially since people had so many issues with the QB rebate last go-round. Hope it works out for you, but I didn't want to risk having it declined.

The sku on the box is NOT Staples' SKU but the manufacturer's model number. All of this is nothing new. Parago often invalidates rebates for QB as a matter of course. Which is why QB  rebates have such a bad reputation.

rated:
labboypro said:   
1brooklyn1 said:   
Just to clarify,you go to the PO, return it exactly as purchased, just taping both ends,select first class delivery,which will only cost $2 and include delivery confirmation?

Read QB's "unconditional 60-day money back guarantee" and return process here-- http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/articles/INF12725 

The support site says to return to the retailer where you bought the product.  I'm a bit confused now.

rated:
mathfaster said:   
dboston1 said:   
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
dboston1 said:   Well- I'm dropping out of the QB rebate and taking it back to Staples. When I was filling out the rebate form I noticed it lists the eligible SKUs. I checked the SKU on the box, and it's different than the ones listed. Even though Staples listed this one as qualifying for a $90 rebate, it's not actually eligible. The weird part is that when you type in one of the acceptable SKUs on the Staples site (266543), it takes you to the one that I ordered. I'm not sure if Staples effed up and sent me the wrong one or what happened. Either way, I'm returning it.
Does your UPC say "SKU 421362"?

If I look at my kiosk receipt, it lists Item: 266543, Model: 421362 so it appears that 421362 qualifies for the MIR.

With that said ...

Rebate Information For:  #########
Promotion:  $90 Mail In Rebate on Intuit QuickBooks Online Simple Start (SKUs 302818, 302819, 266543, 264284) at Staples
Status Detail:  Your rebate has been entered and is scheduled for final processing.

Yes, exactly- the SKU on my box is 421362, which corresponds with Staples' item number 266543. But since the UPC on the box listed the SKU as being different from the approved SKUs for this rebate, I didn't want to risk it. Especially since people had so many issues with the QB rebate last go-round. Hope it works out for you, but I didn't want to risk having it declined.

The sku on the box is NOT Staples' SKU but the manufacturer's model number. All of this is nothing new. Parago often invalidates rebates for QB as a matter of course. Which is why QB  rebates have such a bad reputation.

Just checked the status and it's showing rejected, says household limit exceeded.  I don't understand, the only other time I did QB rebate was last July.   Do you know if their limit is supposed to be one per life time, not one per year? 

rated:
How did you check status?
I just tried the links in the rebate status email from Intuit and they're no longer valid.
I tried RebatesHQ and it says:
Please bear with us...

...as we work to provide you better service. We are in the process of upgrading our technology and applications to provide you with a more rewarding experience. We should have the work completed soon.

Thank you for your patience, and please check back later.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   How did you check status?
I just tried the links in the rebate status email from Intuit and they're no longer valid.
I tried RebatesHQ and it says:
Please bear with us...

...as we work to provide you better service. We are in the process of upgrading our technology and applications to provide you with a more rewarding experience. We should have the work completed soon.

Thank you for your patience, and please check back later.

I think their system is down right now.  I checked about an hour ago (used the link in the confirmation email), it was working then. 

rated:
Call them and find out why they say you've exceeded household limit.  This is for a new year.  No lifetime limit AFAIK. 
I was finally able to check status and mine has been approved. Pretty sure I bought a copy last year at some point.
I used to submit more than one a year but reading about issues folks have had, decided to stick to one a year.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   Call them and find out why they say you've exceeded household limit.  This is for a new year.  No lifetime limit AFAIK. 
I was finally able to check status and mine has been approved. Pretty sure I bought a copy last year at some point.
I used to submit more than one a year but reading about issues folks have had, decided to stick to one a year.

Thanks.  I called and was confirmed that they didn't see multiple submissions under my name or address.  They are going to research on this and asked me to check back in a week or so.

rated:
niniss said:   
Thanks.  I called and was confirmed that they didn't see multiple submissions under my name or address.  They are going to research on this and asked me to check back in a week or so.

That is step 1 of their "avoid paying long enough that you'll finally forget about it" process.  Make sure you stay on them, and if they move much beyond the 8-12 weeks in the T&C, contact your state AG office for their assistance.  

rated:
labboypro said:   
niniss said:   

That is step 1 of their "avoid paying long enough that you'll finally forget about it" process.  Make sure you stay on them, and if they move much beyond the 8-12 weeks in the T&C, contact your state AG office for their assistance.  

I think you are right.  If they don't resolve this in the next 10 days I plan to use the 60 day guarantee that Mathfaster mentioned before. (I wouldn't know how to go about the state AG office route, don't even know their role or function).

rated:
niniss said:   
I think you are right.  If they don't resolve this in the next 10 days I plan to use the 60 day guarantee that Mathfaster mentioned before. (I wouldn't know how to go about the state AG office route, don't even know their role or function).

http://www.naag.org/current-attorneys-general.php Pick a state. In general, they are responsible for ensuring laws are upheld, including consumer protection laws (which vary from state to state, but generally DO NOT allow companies to entice you into buying something with a rebate, then simply not pay you). Most states have "consumer complaint" offices and many have online forms you can use to file complaints. The 60 day guarantee approach works, but doesn't do anything for the next person. If enough people complain to their elected AG officials, then maybe they will do something about companies that behave inappropriately.

rated:
labboypro said:   
niniss said:   

http://www.naag.org/current-attorneys-general.php  Pick a state. In general, they are responsible for ensuring laws are upheld, including consumer protection laws (which vary from state to state, but generally DO NOT allow companies to entice you into buying something with a rebate, then simply not pay you). Most states have "consumer complaint" offices and many have online forms you can use to file complaints. The 60 day guarantee approach works, but doesn't do anything for the next person. If enough people complain to their elected AG officials, then maybe they will do something about companies that behave inappropriately.

Thanks for the info.  I live in a city of midsouth where the public office/gov't = most incompetent, rude and crocked business.  They only know to get more money by increasing taxes.  I have zero confidence in them.        

rated:
niniss said:   
Thanks for the info.  I live in a city of midsouth where the public office/gov't = most incompetent, rude and crocked business.  They only know to get more money by increasing taxes.  I have zero confidence in them.        

I have zero confidence in you having read the link I sent you.

rated:
labboypro said:   
niniss said:   
Thanks for the info.  I live in a city of midsouth where the public office/gov't = ost incompetent, rude and crocked business.  They only know to get more money by increasing taxes.  I have zero confidence in them.        

I have zero confidence in you having read the link I sent you.

Ok, you are right.  I just read it now.  Sorry  

rated:
niniss said:   
my4mainecoons said:   Call them and find out why they say you've exceeded household limit.  This is for a new year.  No lifetime limit AFAIK. 

Update:  My rebate status has changed to :  Your rebate is valid. Please allow 15 days for delivery. 

Thanks everyone for your help and advice on this!

rated:
QuickBooks is FAR again next week.  If you're a masochist, do it again

rated:
niniss said:   
Update:  My rebate status has changed to :  Your rebate is valid. Please allow 15 days for delivery. 

Let us know how long that 15 day delivery takes.

rated:
labboypro said:   
niniss said:   

Let us know how long that 15 day delivery takes.

Received the check yesterday, so less than a week!

rated:

Rebate Information For:  xxxxxxxxx
Check Number:  xxxxxx
Check Issue Date:  05-13-2014 (Please allow 15 days for delivery)
Status Detail:  Your rebate is valid. Please allow 15 days for delivery. Thank you.

Received $90 check 05-17-2014.  No issues; took 2 months from submission to check receipt. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014