• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Mini Cree Led Flashlight Torch Adjustable Focus Light Lamp - Amazon.com
Disclaimer
Coutlet via Amazon has the FordEx Group 300-Lumen Mini CREE Q5 LED Flash Light on sale for $3.48 + $0.30 shipped = $3.78.

• 7W 300LM Mini CREE LED Flashlight Torch Adjustable Focus Zoom Light Lamp ( Head of the flashlight can be pulled out to focus the beam)
  • Super mini size, bright, blinding effect
  • Skid-proof design & waterproof design.
  • Output bright can come to 300 lumens (MAX). This mini flashlight can use AA size Alkaline, NiMH, and lithium 14500 batteries.

Member Summary

flashlight
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I checked two companies on the link (BBQbuy/MECO), both of them said they are 3-modes.

twinclouds (Mar. 12, 2014 @ 10:48p) |

Your cell phone is only going to work as a floodlight.  These have adjustable zoom so you can throw light far away.

Just ... (more)

qmriis2013 (Mar. 15, 2014 @ 6:40a) |

Just got mine a few days ago.
-cd

canydavid (Apr. 09, 2014 @ 12:41a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

"FordEx Group 300-Lumen Mini CREE Q5 LED Flash Light"

I look forward to the documentary of how a group of ex-Ford employees funded their retirement by building an import/export business around flashlights.

From the reviews, it appears that $4.00 is the standard price for this flashlight. Where do they get the $35 list from!?

I've purchased about a dozen of these, and I'm in for 5 more. These are great little lights, make great gifts, and are essential for keeping in one's car, IMHO.

These flashlights are really cool. I noticed these are the Q5 Cree version. More powerful than the surprisingly powerful Q3 Cree wich I've purchased several of from meritline.com 

The Q3 is on sale there today for $6.49 (FS). That shows how good of a deal this Q5 is. The zoom feature on these types of flashlights is really cool. If you narrow the beam the full amount, the flashlight projects an amazingly clear outline of the Cree LED diode on the wall or ceiling you're aiming at! It really is something you need to see for yourself to believe.

I think I might have to add one of these Q5's to my flashlight collection. Thanks OP!

In for one.

Ordered 3/10/2014
Estimated delivery date: 4/3-4/21/2014.

Seriously?

Maybe not exactly apples-to-apples, but I bought a 10-pack of this type of flashlight at HD a while back. Works out to $1.30 each, and that includes the AAA batteries. The mini-Cree does look cooler than these Brinkmanns though. Good reviews on the Brinkmans, and they worked well for me too.

http://www.amazon.com/Brinkmann-809-9010-S-Flashlight-Batteries-...

this is the standard price for these. So not a deal in that regard. But for $4 these are some of the best and brightest lights on the market. They are very bright and very lightweight. I have ordered several of them to have around the house and car. They are my go-to lights.

These are just getting cheaper and cheaper. Eventually an LED will come built into AA/AAA batteries - Glow ~ batteries!

In the past, they didn't charge shipping. However, this is still a good price, maybe slight lower than normal but I am not sure. The flash light is great at this price. I would highly recommend it.

Agreed. These are excellent flashlights/torches. I have purchased several and handed them out as gifts.

These have been close to $3 before.

Also, here are a couple of the larger threads, with a lot of info:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1215260/ 
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1160620/ 

spook52 said:   Maybe not exactly apples-to-apples, but I bought a 10-pack of this type of flashlight at HD a while back. Works out to $1.30 each, and that includes the AAA batteries. The mini-Cree does look cooler than these Brinkmanns though. Good reviews on the Brinkmans, and they worked well for me too.

http://www.amazon.com/Brinkmann-809-9010-S-Flashlight-Batteries-...

Those really have nothing in common with these.

i thought fedex was into flashlight business for a sec

I agree.  The ones from HD are only 3 W, and only 15 lumens (per the spec on the HD site).

These FordEx Group lights do look pretty good.  If I didn't have 20 of the cheap spin-off flashlights around, I'd pick up a few.  I'm tempted to buy some anyway. Must resist.  Thanks OP.

Is there a way to tell whether you have a Q5 vs Q3 version of these lights? I've purchased some over time and they all look the same to me. Either I've been getting all Q5 or all Q3 .

5vcr said:   Is there a way to tell whether you have a Q5 vs Q3 version of these lights? I've purchased some over time and they all look the same to me. Either I've been getting all Q5 or all Q3 .
  They are very similar.  I am not sure they are Q3 or Q5 either, but I did some informal testing.  Their brightnesses are all similar. 

I'm so tempted but I don't have any 14500 batteries. I use the 18650 because I can salvage those all day off old laptop batteries. My Nitecore Intellicharge i4 V2 does charge 14500 though.... Trying to stay cheap on the battery front and avoid buying more AA/AAA ..... The 18650 are practically free for me... These are actually nice to give away though since they can take AA, and I most ppl I'd give it to don't have chargers.

thx op

Slickone said:   These have been close to $3 before.

Also, here are a couple of the larger threads, with a lot of info:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1215260/ 
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1160620/

Yes, they are used to be cheaper.  However, the price has been increasing during past year.  $3.78 is probably the best price but there are also $3.80 ones .

Zoom the flashlight out to a spot and look at the shape of the LED on the wall, The Q3 and Q5 look different.
Also at 7W this is the brightest version of a Q5.

Thx op in 4 3!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a light like this for around this price but single mode only? Or possibly a mod to short circuit the board to allow for either 2 mode low/high , or single mode. After using WF-501 & 502 for a while I have started to get annoyed having to click through so many modes ( often 3 to 5 ), especially the strobe function is completely useless to me for home use.

I am willing to start buying 14500 batteries if I can find a single mode light at low enough prices to justify having to buy the batteries.. whereas I can get 18650 for free from old laptop batteries all day..

Why do you need one of these When any smart phone has the flash light now unless you run out of battery now?

vodanh said:   Does anyone have a recommendation for a light like this for around this price but single mode only? Or possibly a mod to short circuit the board to allow for either 2 mode low/high , or single mode. After using WF-501 & 502 for a while I have started to get annoyed having to click through so many modes ( often 3 to 5 ), especially the strobe function is completely useless to me for home use.

I am willing to start buying 14500 batteries if I can find a single mode light at low enough prices to justify having to buy the batteries.. whereas I can get 18650 for free from old laptop batteries all day..

This is single mode, isn't it?    Don't see anything in the description that says otherwise.   Anyways, I've purchased other units that were supposed to be 3-modes but received single mode.  

gskr said:   Why do you need one of these When any smart phone has the flash light now unless you run out of battery now?

~~These are way brighter than any cell phone light especially if you spring for 14500's and a charger.  Even on AA's they're very bright.  Zoomed out to the fullest I've used these quite successfully to shine for deer in a field on a night time hayride.  You can easily light up a treetop 300 feet away.  Just read the description on the different Amazon sellers and you can find single modes or three modes for the same price.  My preference is definitely the single modes.  This price is pretty much standard but as others have said they're a great deal.

Estimated delivery: Apr. 4, 2014 - Apr. 22, 2014.  Wasn't aware that they had factories on Mars, now.  Who knew?

tracfancier said:   Zoom the flashlight out to a spot and look at the shape of the LED on the wall, The Q3 and Q5 look different.
Also at 7W this is the brightest version of a Q5.

How do they look different?

ordered 3 for my girls, thanks op

Like virtually all other sellers, they just list the max specs of the LED and not the real performance. You're not pushing 7w through this unless the light gets hand burning hot after a few minutes. It's likely just the typical Sipik sk68 clone and you'll see roughly half the rated output with a good 14500. Still, the price is right as long as you get a working one.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/1078

KuoH

tracfancier said:   Also at 7W this is the brightest version of a Q5.

KuoH said:   Like virtually all other sellers, they just list the max specs of the LED and not the real performance. You're not pushing 7w through this unless the light gets hand burning hot after a few minutes. It's likely just the typical Sipik sk68 clone and you'll see roughly half the rated output with a good 14500. Still, the price is right as long as you get a working one.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/1078 

KuoH

tracfancier said:   Also at 7W this is the brightest version of a Q5.

It is indeed an sk68 clone.  I have an sk68 and they are very similar to it.  I have bought about 10 of such flashlights, 3 for my own use and the rest as gifts.  So far, every one of these worked with no problem.  The light intensities are very similar also.

miqie said:   Estimated delivery: Apr. 4, 2014 - Apr. 22, 2014.  Wasn't aware that they had factories on Mars, now.  Who knew?
  These must be sent from China or HongKong.  International mail are somewhat unpredictable.  They just have to protect themselves.  I ordered a couple times before and they arrived in pretty reasonable time (less than 2 weeks).

turfbag said:   The zoom feature on these types of flashlights is really cool. If you narrow the beam the full amount, the flashlight projects an amazingly clear outline of the Cree LED diode on the wall or ceiling you're aiming at! It really is something you need to see for yourself to believe.

pic ?

The reviews/questions say some vendors are 3 mode some are single mode. Even on single mode reviews people report getting 3 mode. I really want to make sure its single mode since I have enough 3 modes. The selection is a little ambigous, most of the selections list three mode. There's a selection for 'flashlight' only but I can't tell if that means single mode, or just to differentiate it from the other options that has other addons. Can anyone confirm its single mode? ( I may have to just risk it and buy one ). Now to find good but low priced 14500 batteries...... 2 per light for quick exchange...

If you only need your phone for light, then you don't need this flash light, and wouldn't appreciate how strong it is. It's not even in the same category as those cheap ones that have 7-9 little round LEDS either.

vodanh said:   The reviews/questions say some vendors are 3 mode some are single mode. Even on single mode reviews people report getting 3 mode. I really want to make sure its single mode since I have enough 3 modes. The selection is a little ambigous, most of the selections list three mode. There's a selection for 'flashlight' only but I can't tell if that means single mode, or just to differentiate it from the other options that has other addons. Can anyone confirm its single mode? ( I may have to just risk it and buy one ).
  I agree, same situation here. I  hate the 3 mode ones as I want the button to just turn it on and off, hate cycling through.  I clicked on "More options" and chose Prime Eligible only and see one for $5.95 that says "Only ONE mode!! " ON/OFF ""

JayDub74 said:   
<snippage>  Zoomed out to the fullest I've used these quite successfully to shine for deer in a field on a night time hayride.  You can easily light up a treetop 300 feet away.  <snippage>

You get many deer in treetops where you live? 

I thought I'd be ok with it. 2 mode would be perfect ( High, low ) because sometimes it can be to bright. You can buy replacement driver boards and pick and choose the modes you want, but they cost as much as a whole flashlight now ( like $3-7 a board then shipping ). Now I got 5 mode lights ( high, med, low, high strobe, low strobe ). So annoying when I an looking for small things or small components and letters on a board etc. If I can get boards for $1 each I would rework them all. I'll try about 5 of these and see how it goes.

robstrash said:   
vodanh said:   The reviews/questions say some vendors are 3 mode some are single mode. Even on single mode reviews people report getting 3 mode. I really want to make sure its single mode since I have enough 3 modes. The selection is a little ambigous, most of the selections list three mode. There's a selection for 'flashlight' only but I can't tell if that means single mode, or just to differentiate it from the other options that has other addons. Can anyone confirm its single mode? ( I may have to just risk it and buy one ).
  I agree, same situation here. I  hate the 3 mode ones as I want the button to just turn it on and off, hate cycling through.  I clicked on "More options" and chose Prime Eligible only and see one for $5.95 that says "Only ONE mode!! " ON/OFF ""

OK, here's a trick on how you can increase your chances of getting a 1-mode.    Just before submitting your order, chant the following:
                          "I wish I get a 3-mode, I wish I get a 3-mode, I wish I get a 3-mode this time".

I just checked my closet.   I have 3 in boxes that are 1-mode, in addition to the 3 I'm using.
Just ordered another one that specifically says 3-mode and paid an extra few cents, wonder what I'll get

I bought quite a few of these. All of them came as 1-mode. I think you will be "lucky" to get a 3-mode one.
I just curious: How many people actually got 3-mode ones, say in past 12 months?

Skipping 6 Messages...
Just got mine a few days ago.
-cd

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014