Lenovo Yoga 8 16GB Tablet - $199.99

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Lenovo Yoga Tablet
Disclaimer
Best Buy has the Lenovo Yoga 8 16GB Tablet†for $199.99 with free shipping.

• MTK MT8125 Quad-core Processor, 1.20GHz
  • 8" 10-point multitouch display with 1024 x 600 resolution
  • 16GB Flash Storage
  • Magnesium-alloy roll-cage internal frame
  • Android 4.2

Member Summary

Lenovo Yoga 8 16GB Tablet
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Description on Best Buy says the screen resolution is 1024x600.

Thanks, I changed the OP.

I am considering buying one, never owned any Lenovo before. good price. Thanks

I was thinking about purchasing this a few weeks ago but reading reviews changed my mind....

Review 1

Review 2

The Lenovo Miix 2 for the same price is a better deal IMO.

Informant said:   The Lenovo Miix 2 for the same price is a better deal IMO.
††
Much faster CPU, and while it's currently limited to Windows 8.1, that won't be a problem for much longer.

I would go with Miix 2 myself. Yoga 8's only claim to fame is its built-in kickstand. Other than that, there are much better tablets that will get better Android OS support for the same price. Lenovo's history with Android updates has been lackluster.

Even knowing the display isn't incredible and the power is underwhelming, I considered this for the longest time simply because that battery bay in the side of it that forms the stand is a great handle if you're primarily using it in portrait mode. In the end, I went with the new Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 and, while I like it, I can't stand what I paid for it and the handle would be so helpful for using it as an eReader.

One serious positive this has is battery life, thanks to that handhold -- supposedly 18 hours of use and found multiple reviews saying the thing only used like 2-3% per day if not in use.

Lenovo just announced a new lineup of tablets with higher resolutions and more powerful specs. I'm going to wait until April for the Yoga 10 HD+. 4xcore with opt keyboard and high res @$349 before discounts.

I would highly recommend the Dell Venue 7 (Android). It is pretty fast has a decent display and I get over 6 hours of play time. It retails for $150.
I played with the Dell 8 win 8.1 at Staples and found the OS a little difficult on the small screen. I think you basically will need a stilus to use the thing. Has anyone with a Dell venue 8 win had any issues with the size of the icons being too small?

† any link available?

† how and where is this the same price? i see 299 from Lenovo

JamesD1343 said:   
† how and where is this the same price? i see 299 from Lenovo

††http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1346527/

expired though. deals are out there, just have to be patient and opportunistic†

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014