DaKahuna
3/10/14 5:40 PM
Nice deal on good flooring. 

Also have half pallet's for the same price per SF

half pallet - 238SF
nasagasaangpusa
3/11/14 5:53 AM
Found more reviews here: reviews 

Per many reviewers, this flooring dents and scratches easily.
uberjackxiao
3/11/14 7:12 AM
Is it a good idea to install bamboo flooring in a walk-out basement?
gpruzi
3/11/14 7:39 AM
I would not install in a basement. You're supposed to put paper under it, that would trap moisture from the cement. You can't use a flooring stapler so you'd have to glue it and it does scratch easily. I installed in our bedroom, the hallway and stairs.
I have a salon in our walk out basement and I have tile flooring, it is wonderful, after a rainy day with muddy traffic simply sweep the dirt after it dries and it looks great. I would hate to see the bamboo after a few years with the dirt that gets tracked in.
Carpeting gets musty and if you get flooded from a boiler or a pipe leaking you'll have a mess.

Good luck!
raymondanthony
3/11/14 7:41 AM
For this price I would prefer the Laminate from Costcos. Looks great like individual pieces and does not scratch or dent. If I am going to take the time to install hardwood, I would spend bit more and get something from Lumber Liquidators. That being said, OP did a great job finding a great price.
Bizatch
3/11/14 7:50 AM
Cheap price for a cheaply made product that you'll soon regret.
ragedogg69
3/11/14 7:53 AM
raymondanthony said:   

For this price I would prefer the Laminate from Costcos. Looks great like individual pieces and does not scratch or dent. If I am going to take the time to install hardwood, I would spend bit more and get something from Lumber Liquidators. That being said, OP did a great job finding a great price.

Yikes.  No thanks.  Pricing is great, but for factory seconds and horrible customer service, you are better off finding cheap flooring options elsewhere.  A quick google search will tell you all you need to know about LL.
HayaBuddha
3/11/14 7:55 AM
With regard to the basement, you could use it there but not sure its best.

This type of flooring and other woods/laminates, if not glued to a sub-floor of some sort like plywood, shouldn't have paper under it but rather a vapor barrier consisting of plastic or plastic with a cushion layer between (which is just small styrofoam dots sandwiched between two pieces of plastic).

Whatever you choose, just realize that wood does not do tremendously well with damp locations because of how it swells.
First page
1 of 3
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.