• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Dell Venue Tablet
Disclaimer
Tiger Direct has the 32GB Dell Venue Pro 8 Windows 8.1 Tablet for $199.99. Shipping varies depending on location, but should be less than $4.50.

• Intel Atom Z3740D Quad Core 1.8GHz CPU
  • 2GB RAM
  • 32GB Internal Memory
  • 8" IPS Display (1280x800)
  • Dual Band WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • Windows 8.1

Member Summary

tablet
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Dell
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

They charge shipping for a $200 purchase????

$5 shipping + $22 sales tax in Texas kills the deal for me. I'll wait for a better one.

No sales tax for me in CA for now, good deal. Thank you

Since TigerDirect operates both retail and B&M, this technically qualifies for Staples in-store price matching. YMMV if there isn't retail store near you, though technically that isn't part of the policy.

Heading to Staples tonight to see what happens.

tracfancier said:   They charge shipping for a $200 purchase????
  Shoprunner eligible.

Amazon has it for $204.67 if you prefer them.

excoriatorb said:   $5 shipping + $22 sales tax in Texas kills the deal for me. I'll wait for a better one.
  11% tax !!!!

congtu said:   
excoriatorb said:   $5 shipping + $22 sales tax in Texas kills the deal for me. I'll wait for a better one.
  11% tax !!!!

in Texas as well... $17.13 tax + $7.70 shipping

holy craq.. I switched to Shoprunner for free ship.. knocked tax down to $16.50.. not sure if it's supposed to calculate tax on shipping as well.

As an added alternative - if you have a Microcenter in your area, they are running these at $199.99 (B&M only) for the past few months. However, I know that Microcenter is only in a few limited cities.

I just bought one this week at Office Depot (In store - they price matched it on the spot without even checking on it, their price this week for one was $269.99).
Worth a shot if you are looking for one of these - nice little tablet so far for this price. The hard part is finding a good case for it - so keep this in mind if you are into the whole case/accessory thing, pickings is slim compared to ipad/galaxy/nexus scene.

dkman said:   Amazon has it for $204.67 if you prefer them.
FYI
It is $253 on Amazon + shipping
No GPS

No GPS. Small drive. No cellular data. Low res camera. Crappy OS. No thunder port. Crappy Dell quality. No deal!

Why not just get an ipad mini?

fatxman said:   No GPS. Small drive. No cellular data. Low res camera. Crappy OS. No thunder port. Crappy Dell quality. No deal!

Please post where you can get a new iPad Mini for $199.99

Looks like this one comes with full Office. This alone is better than the Dell outlet offer earlier.

kickerstarter said:   Looks like this one comes with full Office. This alone is better than the Dell outlet offer earlier.
The Dell outlet offer was for 64GB and I got it for $179 + tax.

Yes, it did not come with Office, but I can get one through HUP which is cheap.

I think one really needs 64GB to get windows 8.1 work, I think it used up about 20GB as delivered to me which leaves only 12GB left on the box if it has 32GB.

Apparently no longer eligible for Shoprunner.

Stranger2 said:   
kickerstarter said:   Looks like this one comes with full Office. This alone is better than the Dell outlet offer earlier.
The Dell outlet offer was for 64GB and I got it for $179 + tax.

Yes, it did not come with Office, but I can get one through HUP which is cheap.

I think one really needs 64GB to get windows 8.1 work, I think it used up about 20GB as delivered to me which leaves only 12GB left on the box if it has 32GB.

As I've noted in past threads, it's very easy to transfer the recovery partition to a USB flash drive, which will recover many gigabytes instantly.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
fatxman said:   No GPS. Small drive. No cellular data. Low res camera. Crappy OS. No thunder port. Crappy Dell quality. No deal!

Please post where you can get a new iPad Mini for $199.99

Time machine + Black Friday. Easy!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014