• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
iPad Mini Retina Display models on sale $50-$80 off Today Only.

WiFi models Space Gray or Silver $50 off
32gb $449.99, regularly $499.99,
64gb  $499.99, regularly $549.99
128gb $649.99 regularly $699.99

WiFi + Cellular models Space Grey (not Silver for all carriers) $80 off
32gb $549.99, regularly $629.99,
64gb  $649.99, regularly $729.99
128gb $749.99 regularly $829.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/dotd-20140312 

EDIT: Looks like it has extended another day... Stay tuned... Their deals usually change about 2am eastern time but one still reports 23+ hours left...
EDIT:  EXPIRED ;(

Member Summary

iPad
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good find! Thanks!

Thanks Op! Been in the market for one of these for a few months.

In for one, Retina with cellular, $649. I had been waiting for refurbs from Apple, but this is a better deal.

Can I get a answer? I see they sale these (cellular models) to work with a certain service but I thought the new Ipads are unlocked to work with any cellular model.
I want one but don't want to be tied down with just one service!

This is a very good deal,thanks.

As far as i remember, the models are unlocked so they will work with any. Not sure if you will get similar speeds though

Wouldn't this be a better deal. It is cheaper but it is unlocked (GSM) so I would be able to use it with AT&T and or T mobile.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FACTORY-UNLOCKED-APPLE-IPAD-MINI-32GB-WI...

Shawnkk said:   Wouldn't this be a better deal. It is cheaper but it is unlocked (GSM) so I would be able to use it with AT&T and or T mobile.

That is older non-Retina model.

Apple has way too many models. I can't keep up with all of them!

The iPad Mini (original) and the newer/faster/higher resolution Retina iPad Mini come in two basic models, WiFi only or WiFi and Cellular.
There is also the color choice and the amount of memory.
The details about the cellular support is as follows:
The WiFi and Cellular Mini (original or retina) is marketed in four models ATT, TMobile, Sprint, and Verizon.
All of these models are unlocked and can be brought to other carries if possible (read on).
The branding means that the Mini ships with the simm for the advertised carrier.
The Sprint and Verizon models have CDMA cellular support for use on their networks and GSM support for use on other networks, but the GSM support on the Sprint and Verizon models does not have the faster GSM LTE support.
The ATT and TMobile models have GSM support with LTE but does not have CDMA support (can not work on Sprint or Verizon networks).
So...
If you want the most versatile cellular support then a Verizon or Sprint model is your best choice.
If you want only GSM support or the faster GSM LTE support then the ATT or TMobile model is your best choice.
If you are buying a unit to take to Europe then either an ATT or TMobile model is what you want (CDMA is used in the USA and perhaps only two other small countries so it is largely meaningless outside of the USA).
Hope that clears up the confusion.

Shawnkk said:   Wouldn't this be a better deal. It is cheaper but it is unlocked (GSM) so I would be able to use it with AT&T and or T mobile.

No that would be a terrible deal.  Not just because it is the original iPad Mini WiFi+Cellular 32gb for $539 when you can buy the second gen Retina iPad Mini WiFi+Cellular 32gb today for $10 more and get a much faster core processor video processor and higher resolution screen, but because if you wanted to spend less for a cellular model you could get that original iPad Mini WiFi+Cellular 32gb model from Amazon for $120 less ($419).
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPad-MD535LL-Wi-Fi-Black/dp/B0096DQO... 

All ipad 4G are unlocked.  you can use any US carrier on these.  I got a Verizon ipad mini and put a Tmobile sim in it and it was able to connect at LTE  just fine.

Also if you sign up for Tmo, you get free 200MB a month forever.

fatgempler said:   The iPad Mini (original) and the newer/faster/higher resolution Retina iPad Mini come in two basic models, WiFi only or WiFi and Cellular.
There is also the color choice and the amount of memory.
The details about the cellular support is as follows:
The WiFi and Cellular Mini (original or retina) is marketed in four models ATT, TMobile, Sprint, and Verizon.
All of these models are unlocked and can be brought to other carries if possible (read on).
The branding means that the Mini ships with the simm for the advertised carrier.
The Sprint and Verizon models have CDMA cellular support for use on their networks and GSM support for use on other networks, but the GSM support on the Sprint and Verizon models does not have GSM LTE support.
The ATT and TMobile models have GSM support with LTE but does not have CDMA support.
So...
If you want the most versatile cellular support then a Verizon or Sprint model is your best choice.
If you want only GSM support or the faster GSM LTE support then the ATT or TMobile model is your best choice.
Hope that clears up the confusion.

Thanks for taking the time! I just think I learned something that not even Apple chat wouldn't tell me. Thanks again!

jayliu said:   All ipad 4G are unlocked.  you can use any US carrier on these.  I got a Verizon ipad mini and put a Tmobile sim in it and it was able to connect at LTE  just fine.

Also if you sign up for Tmo, you get free 200MB a month forever.

That is interesting.  I see lots of chatter about the Verizon/Sprint models reporting GSM LTE with a Tmobile Simm but is it not what Apple states they are supposed to do.  Surprising that nothing authoritative has been written about this as it has certainly caused lots of confusion, but that is probably the desire of the cellular carriers and Apple who would rather just have you buy another one.

thanks, in for one. hard to find at $80 discount anywhere!

OK Thanks OP and all who helped me. I went with the 549.99 one with AT&T and I already have the T Mobile cards coming in the mail. I didnt have a BB charge card so I went ahead and did it online but at check out I found out they took Pay Pal so I went with the Bill Me Later!

This might help clarify:
https://www.apple.com/ipad/LTE/ 

There is just one model of the new iPad mini Retina with cellular.
The only difference between ATT, Verizon, etc, is that each bring a SIM card for that specific carrier (The SIM can be swapped at any time)

It is best to buy the Sprint or Verizon "versions" just because these have to be registered in their system in order to activate them in their networks.

However, if you have an ACTIVATED SIM from Verizon with data then you can just put it in any iPad mini retina and it will start working. (I'm not sure about Sprint)

Good find, nice offer

Just buy a WiFi models 64gb one for my little brother! Reallly great deal!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014