• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
gropman said:   Got the $26.49 price in store, then they applied the 50% off coupon off that. Total was $14.04 including 6% sales tax.
  What 50% off coupon please

gropman said:   Got the $26.49 price in store, then they applied the 50% off coupon off that. Total was $14.04 including 6% sales tax.

Did that coupon is fixed amount or does it take off 50% of item price? I thought it might be a fixed $ off of $26.49.

yesidonoitall said:   

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marketing/coupons/35937/index.htm...

mrtrance said:   
yesidonoitall said:   

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marketing/coupons/35937/index.htm...

Great deal, if you actually NEED paper....

Not Available at Your Store

HammerMill® Copy Plus Copy Paper, 8 1/2" x 11",
CaseItem: 122374   
Model: 105007 Read 3145 Reviews                SHARE:

See more details  

Reg : $52.99
Save: - $19.50
Now: $33.49
Instant Savings : - $7.00
$26.49

I wonder why the 50% off coupon is not here:
http://www.staples.com/coupons

b

I reserved two cases before the ban and had no trouble picking up with coupon. No override needed. I also ordered 2 cases via kiosk at a store by work and no manager needed for the coupon to work on both. They did add the 14.00 off as a manufacturers coupon. The third store kiosk order for one case needed a manager override for the 25.00 coupon. Not sure what she did differently but the manager came over and overrode the cost no questions asked.

tjmightymouse said:   I reserved two cases before the ban and had no trouble picking up with coupon. No override needed. I also ordered 2 cases via kiosk at a store by work and no manager needed for the coupon to work on both. They did add the 14.00 off as a manufacturers coupon. The third store kiosk order for one case needed a manager override for the 25.00 coupon. Not sure what she did differently but the manager came over and overrode the cost no questions asked.

RE:
but the manager came over and overrode the cost no questions asked.

She was due to get off at that moment...

yesidonoitall said:   
tjmightymouse said:   I reserved two cases before the ban and had no trouble picking up with coupon. No override needed. I also ordered 2 cases via kiosk at a store by work and no manager needed for the coupon to work on both. They did add the 14.00 off as a manufacturers coupon. The third store kiosk order for one case needed a manager override for the 25.00 coupon. Not sure what she did differently but the manager came over and overrode the cost no questions asked.

RE:
but the manager came over and overrode the cost no questions asked.

She was due to get off at that moment...

In what way?

tjmightymouse said:   I reserved two cases before the ban

What did I miss here?

labboypro said:   

What did I miss here?

I am with you labboy on this one, what ban?

City Of Industry, CA, the manager said, "you will not take that for $2".
People need to let every one know what store are they getting the paper in.

labboypro said:   
What did I miss here? 

Ban = they disabled the reserve option.

P.S.  People need to read the thread and read between the lines.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1350759/m18382450/#m18...

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
labboypro said:   
What did I miss here? 

Isn't the reserve only shown if your listed store has the item?

ElGuache said:   City Of Industry, CA, the manager said, "you will not take that for $2".
People need to let every one know what store are they getting the paper in.

Ask her if she wants you to take the free paper instead

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   

Sounds like a poor choice of words if that's what "ban" is being used to describe.  As for reading between the lines... I'm pretty good at subtleties.  But, huh???

This worked without a problem for me yesterday.

I brought in a print out of their online price and a print out of the $25 off coupon and presented them to the cashier. The cashier verified the online price on her iPhone, but then told me that I could only use one or the other (either price-match the online price OR use the $25 off coupon). I asked if she could check with a manager and that all I was trying to do was use a coupon on a sale item.

The manager told the cashier to give it a try by first price matching then using the coupon. After the cashier put in the price match the manager had to type in a few things at the register, but the cashier was then able to scan the $25 off coupon without a problem. Total price came to $1.99 plus tax. Thanks OP! Green for you!

Online reservation worked for me. zip code 92673. I'll see what happens when I go to pick it up?

"reserve & pickup" is up again.
Will try it at local Staples this afternoon.

Thank you for the heads up on reserve and pick up being back

Just in they cancelled the order

Just a heads up to the other ppl that placed orders for the rt 37 store in nj, they will not honor this. I saw other cases reserved so I know some of you are out there. I called the oop.

"reserve and pick up" down again and all the Staples around Fairfax, VA shows no stock.

Reserve and PU in store worked BUT was given the hairy eyeball by the manager.
Probably best to stick to the regular FAER paper and not be chased by a pack of dogs as you leave the store!

NG at Fairfax, VA Staples.

brusbrother said:   Reserve and PU in store worked BUT was given the hairy eyeball by the manager.
Probably best to stick to the regular FAER paper and not be chased by a pack of dogs as you leave the store!

Very wise guidance - there's always another deal lurking around the corner.

Dano

did not work in CT store for me. Did exactly what everyone did. Print out from Staples website with 26.49price and $25.00 coupon. Mgr said only 1 coupon. Either price match or 25.00 coupon. did neither

I've had managers follow me out to my car. Ostensibly to retrieve the shopping cart after I leave.

That's pretty creepy

Corporate put out a communication to stores on this one. My store is usually easy going but this deal did not work due to the corporate messaging.

gd78 said:   I've had managers follow me out to my car. Ostensibly to retrieve the shopping cart after I leave.

That's pretty creepy

I think this funny situation. I reserved the 10 ream case and 4 x 5 ream cases. When I checked out, they said only limit 2 for the 5 ream and then NG for the $25 coupon. So, a sale associate asked someone to help unload the 10 ream case from the cart and he followed me to the car bringing the 10 ream case. My conscience won so I said I did not buy that

I went in and tried the deal. The manager was rude & condescending and then told me to leave or the police would be called. I danced in the parking lots of CompUSA & Circuit City...and I'll dance in yours too Staples. You just lost my business.

davemanfl said:   Sarah Yes you would be if they continued to give away cases of paper for $1.49.Do you really think it's right to get a case of paper for $1.49 ?

Of course not. They'd have to pay me to take their paper.

Seriously, though, they've been giving away paper for months. They're loss leaders to draw people into the store because they've had declining sales.
It's not my job to decide what's "right" for Staples.

davemanfl said:   Sarah Yes you would be if they continued to give away cases of paper for $1.49.Do you really think it's right to get a case of paper for $1.49 ?
  They have other cases that are FREE AR and coupon.....

Dave I would agree it doesn't seem right but Staples seems to do it just about every week.  I can't believe they do it over and over again without knowing it

Dave, meet Staples.  Staples, meed Dave.

just last month I got the kiosk deal with shipped to the house came out a MM and they left my paper on the porch.  Rebate card is in the mail as of last week.  I have no idea what they sell our info for but it must be plenty

davemanfl said:   
yesidonoitall said:   
  They have other cases that are FREE AR and coupon.....

Never 10 ream cases the mini cases and after REBATE Vendor funds the rebate

RE:
Never 10 ream cases the mini cases and after REBATE Vendor funds the rebate

Whatever that means that matters.
2 5 reams cases makes 1 10 ream case
The 5 ream cases have always been 4 limit, so 2 10 reams cases FAR rewards or rebates, same difference....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014