• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

HammerMill Copy Plus Copy Paper, 8 1/2
Disclaimer
credit dealnews

Staples has this item $1.49 after ordering via kiosk and paying at register using coupon

$26.49 - $25 coupon = $1.49 for a case of 10 reams

HammerMillŪ Copy Plus Copy Paper, 8 1/2" x 11", Case 
Item: 122374 Model: 105007

20 lb.
92 US / 104+ Euro Bright
Moisture and curl resistant
Excellent for long-term filing and important papers
Acid free will not yellow or crumble over time
99.99% Jam-Free guarantee
10 reams/case; 500 sheets/ream
FSC certified

I apologize if this is a repost. Thank you for reading.

(tiny notes/uncertainties:  I have not tried out myself, yet.  I'm a little uncertain as to what the price will be at the register...because the register might consider the pre-register price as 26.49, after some online coupon...at which, the in-store coupon might not work on it....we'll see I guess)

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I once heard some guy refer to the "internets"  so I do now, who was that guy?

yesidonoitall (Mar. 21, 2014 @ 12:53p) |

I just paid for a case and got the $7 off and $25 off. I stopped by on Wed and printed a delivery order at the kiosk. We... (more)

wfay (Mar. 21, 2014 @ 2:26p) |

You are doing better than me by a long margin as the store I frequent will not accept the 10/50 if you are buying the 5 ... (more)

bobluciano (Mar. 21, 2014 @ 6:08p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

VivYip said:   credit dealnews

Staples has this item $1 after ordering via kiosk and paying at register using coupon

HammerMillŪ Copy Plus Copy Paper, 8 1/2" x 11", Case 
20 lb.
92 US / 104+ Euro Bright
Moisture and curl resistant
Excellent for long-term filing and important papers
Acid free will not yellow or crumble over time
99.99% Jam-Free guarantee
10 reams/case; 500 sheets/ream
FSC certified

I apologize if this is a repost

nmind

Sometimes the "save" or "instant savings" act like a coupon that needs to be printed at kiosk and scanned by cashier. When this occurs for me, I can't typically add an additional coupon.

Reserve for in-store pickup shows at the 26.49 price as well. This would work better imo.

This message intentionally left blank.

Anyone can report back if the kiosk order worked without any overrides needed for the $7 instant savings?

dazviking said:   Sometimes the "save" or "instant savings" act like a coupon that needs to be printed at kiosk and scanned by cashier. When this occurs for me, I can't typically add an additional coupon.

I think the issue most of the time is that the instant savings that acts like a coupon will not even scan at register, thus needing manager override which will be an issue even before trying to use additional coupons.

Website says "not available at your store."  ... I was going to reserve a couple and give it a try.  Seems odd, since they have about a zillion cases on the floor.  Maybe I'll pop in and try a kiosk order instead.

labboypro said:   Website says "not available at your store."  ... I was going to reserve a couple and give it a try.  Seems odd, since they have about a zillion cases on the floor.  Maybe I'll pop in and try a kiosk order instead.

Staples disabled this feature and made it OOS (even though plenty of stock in all stores) so tonot allow the stacking of instore coupon withonline price.

If you do the kiosk let us know how it goes since I am curious if that $7 instant savings will scan fine or beep and require manager override.

Can you pm this in-store and then apply coupon?

Another quick note... I don't know what other's experience has been, but I had case paper shipped to my home from one of these deals. When it arrived, it looked like they tied a rope around it and dragged it behind the truck. Seems that the UPS guys aren't amused by heavy bricks of paper and express their displeasure in the way they handle them. In the future, I will do in-store pick up even though it is less convenient.

I reserved on line.  Got confirmation email.  Went to store.  Was informed that coupon for $25.00 off not valid!  Oh well!

You could just remove the automatic coupon of 7.00 off, then use your 25.00 off printed coupon. 33.49-25.00 is 8.49 for an entire case of copy paper. Still a good deal

I usually take a screen capture with me and the cashier does the price match without a manager. Then I hand them the coupon. I see no reason this wouldn't work.

BigMunch said:   ...8.49 for an entire case of copy paper. Still a good deal

Not for most hardcore staplers.  It's at LEAST $8.49 too high... and then some.

blueribb said:   I found a rebate link on another site:

http://www.iteminfo.com/ItemInfoFiles/extras/rebate/ham-2014q1-freemobileapp.pdf

So is Staples considered an "independent paper supplier"?

Dick said:   This message intentionally left blank.
  OK "DICK"

MVALLEY59 said:   I reserved on line.  Got confirmation email.  Went to store.  Was informed that coupon for $25.00 off not valid!  Oh well!

What reason did they specify? Did they try scanning the coupon.

drjofis said:   
blueribb said:   I found a rebate link on another site:

http://www.iteminfo.com/ItemInfoFiles/extras/rebate/ham-2014q1-freemobileapp.pdf

So is Staples considered an "independent paper supplier"?

Probably not ... but the term is not defined.

Time Details
03/19/2014 12:54:30PM Session Started with Agent (Lori)
03/19/2014 12:54:46PM Mr. $: "Hi Lori"
03/19/2014 12:54:49PM Agent (Lori): "Hello Mr. $, how may I assist you today?"
03/19/2014 12:54:52PM Mr. $: "I had a question about Item # 122374"
03/19/2014 12:55:19PM Agent (Lori): "Sure, how may I help with the paper today?"
03/19/2014 12:55:19PM Mr. $: "I see the price is 26.49 online"
03/19/2014 12:55:31PM Agent (Lori): "Yes, that is correct."
03/19/2014 12:55:35PM Mr. $: "I just printed a $25 off coupon for Hammermill Copy Paper for instore use only"
03/19/2014 12:55:46PM Agent (Lori): "I am sorry to say that the in store coupon cannot be used in conjunction with our online pricing offer."
03/19/2014 12:55:51PM Mr. $: "So can you tell me how much this item would cost me at my local store in XXX NJ"
03/19/2014 12:56:10PM Mr. $: "That's highly unfortunate"
03/19/2014 12:56:38PM Agent (Lori): "Let me check their price for you. Do you mind holding for 2-4 minutes while I research?"
03/19/2014 12:56:54PM Mr. $: "sure, no problem"
03/19/2014 12:58:01PM Agent (Lori): "Thank you for your patience and the current price in stores before the $25 off coupon is $54.99 a case. So it would be a better deal to have it delivered!"
03/19/2014 12:58:12PM Mr. $: "Ol"
03/19/2014 12:58:13PM Mr. $: "ok"
03/19/2014 12:58:18PM Mr. $: "Thanks for your assistance today"

Chowder88 said:   Time Details
03/19/2014 12:54:30PM Session Started with Agent (Lori)
03/19/2014 12:54:46PM Mr. $: "Hi Lori"
03/19/2014 12:54:49PM Agent (Lori): "Hello Mr. $, how may I assist you today?"
03/19/2014 12:54:52PM Mr. $: "I had a question about Item # 122374"
03/19/2014 12:55:19PM Agent (Lori): "Sure, how may I help with the paper today?"
03/19/2014 12:55:19PM Mr. $: "I see the price is 26.49 online"
03/19/2014 12:55:31PM Agent (Lori): "Yes, that is correct."
03/19/2014 12:55:35PM Mr. $: "I just printed a $25 off coupon for Hammermill Copy Paper for instore use only"
03/19/2014 12:55:46PM Agent (Lori): "I am sorry to say that the in store coupon cannot be used in conjunction with our online pricing offer."
03/19/2014 12:55:51PM Mr. $: "So can you tell me how much this item would cost me at my local store in XXX NJ"
03/19/2014 12:56:10PM Mr. $: "That's highly unfortunate"
03/19/2014 12:56:38PM Agent (Lori): "Let me check their price for you. Do you mind holding for 2-4 minutes while I research?"
03/19/2014 12:56:54PM Mr. $: "sure, no problem"
03/19/2014 12:58:01PM Agent (Lori): "Thank you for your patience and the current price in stores before the $25 off coupon is $54.99 a case. So it would be a better deal to have it delivered!"
03/19/2014 12:58:12PM Mr. $: "Ol"
03/19/2014 12:58:13PM Mr. $: "ok"
03/19/2014 12:58:18PM Mr. $: "Thanks for your assistance today"

Are you retarded?
People like you ruin it for everyone

Calm down folks!

This deal is for real. Just came back from store. Ordered at kiosk. Paid at register no problems. The seven dollars off requires the CSR to key something in. $25 coupon worked flawlessly. Paid $1.59 with tax.

Thanks OP!

Jasonlh1 said:   Calm down folks!

This deal is for real. Just came back from store. Ordered at kiosk. Paid at register no problems. The seven dollars off requires the CSR to key something in. $25 coupon worked flawlessly. Paid $1.59 with tax.

Thanks OP!

Was manager override required?

gd78 said:   

Thanks OP!

Store manager did my transaction. I don't think over ride is needed. Just have to make sure $7 coupon applies to each item.

Isn't FAR better?
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1349982/
IMO, we have enough FAR (and even MM) paper deals not to spend a dime on that

FlyingDelphin said:   Isn't FAR better?

Along with the free is great for paper users,
Staples has had the red packaged for a long time now free....
I use them to make  walls in my entryway.

EDIT:
Rather than boosting my post count:

I am waiting for an extra $100 off coupon good on ALL pcs.

The OPs deal is good if you want the paper delivered.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   

The OPs deal is good if you want the paper delivered.

Also, very little OOP hardly any tax. $1.59 OTD for a full case of paper! Rebates are excellent but require tax.

adamc said:   Another quick note... I don't know what other's experience has been, but I had case paper shipped to my home from one of these deals. When it arrived, it looked like they tied a rope around it and dragged it behind the truck. Seems that the UPS guys aren't amused by heavy bricks of paper and express their displeasure in the way they handle them. In the future, I will do in-store pick up even though it is less convenient.

Your paper was handled by the more delicate workers.  Believe me,  When someone has to load 50 or 100 of these onto a semi-truck in a row, they are not happy.

Jasonlh1 said:   
gd78 said:   

Thanks OP!

Store manager did my transaction. I don't think over ride is needed. Just have to make sure $7 coupon applies to each item.

If manager did your transaction then for sure it was an override since if a regular cashier scanned the $7 IS on your kiosk paperwork it would beep and I don't think they are able to override it without a manager's codes.  

How do you do a reserve on line?

RE:
When someone has to load 50 or 100 of these onto a semi-truck in a row, they are not happy.

If they use the right tools they were taught to it would be no issue.
Otherwise it serves them right.

ec8989 said:   How do you do a reserve on line?
  Click on
RESERVE AND PICK UP

Went to my local store to use the kiosk actual had a supervisor off to just to the price match and take my coupon instore  no hassel great service in sw ohio

great find op

murrayphoto said:   Went to my local store to use the kiosk actual had a supervisor off to just to the price match and take my coupon instore  no hassel great service in sw ohio

great find op

When communicating, it's helpful to use a common language.

I compared this to the red Staples paper, didn't really see much difference. Very slight tip in favor of Hammermill, maybe.

But the Staples doesn't claim acid free, no crumble, no jams.

So I gather that with only short term use, it is a wash.

Got the $26.49 price in store, then they applied the 50% off coupon off that. Total was $14.04 including 6% sales tax.

gropman said:   Got the $26.49 price in store, then they applied the 50% off coupon off that. Total was $14.04 including 6% sales tax.
  Are you joking ?

Skipping 66 Messages...
You are doing better than me by a long margin as the store I frequent will not accept the 10/50 if you are buying the 5 ream and hammermill. I don't see a need to argue but I have been told that by 2 different checkers. Thing is if you reserve your paper you get 2 5 ream and one hammermill for $1.15 AR

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014