• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

1 oz Apmex Silver Bar Lot of 10 SKU 81774 | eBay
Disclaimer

Member Summary

Silver
Thanks erohrer
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Gah...all these posts about silver and they alllllll charge NY tax.

*sigh*

 

limited quantities left.

nice find! They also have ASE's $2.79 over spot

got 1 lot of the silver bars  couldn't resist , Estimated delivery Wednesday, Mar. 26 - Tuesday, Apr. 1

Not bad at all - I also couldn't resist. No tax in Illinois and free shipping. Not sure if the 1% CashBack from Fat Wallet will be applied?

I almost jumped - but ungraded and uncertified?

One of the negative feedback comments said that they took their silver straight to a coin dealer who said that it wasn't .999 pure.

DubyaRules said:   I almost jumped - but ungraded and uncertified?

One of the negative feedback comments said that they took their silver straight to a coin dealer who said that it wasn't .999 pure.

  Not sure how APMEX would stay in business if they're actually doing this

It is almost the same price on their site, http://www.apmex.com/product/27086/1-oz-apmex-silver-bar-999-fin...

I suspect gold and silver is going further down.

baigimran said:   It is almost the same price on their site, http://www.apmex.com/product/27086/1-oz-apmex-silver-bar-999-fin... 

I suspect gold and silver is going further down.

  Shipping charges apply below a $5k purchase, spot is down .50 from yesterday as of right now. They're are distinct advantages buying from eBay with  free shipping and CC via Paypal.

never bought precious metals before but i trust fellow FWers so much i just went for it. i assume the large green bar means it was a good deal.
question for this group - where do you store this kind of stuff? safe deposit box? house safe? stick it in your sock drawer?
also, do you guys actually sell it when the price goes up, give them away as gifts (seems like kind of a cool gift)? apologies for all the questions but this was an impulse buy (kind of excited about getting some silver in the mail!) and now realize i have no idea what to do with the silver!
my wife is going to love this "deal"....v

hang on to it until the gold/silver ratio drops below 20/1

could take many years......but is the shtf scenario does ever present itself you'll be glad to own some

You know your a FW addict when:

"never bought precious metals before but i trust fellow FWers so much i just went for it."

It's only $220, so maybe no need to go all Fort Knox on this - you've got higher value concentration elsewhere I bet. Try to keep from trotting it out and doing the backstroke in the pile like Scrooge McDuck in front of a room full of new acquaintances or anyone for that matter. Gifting a bar at a time is a fairly novel use though.

itsausername said:   You know your a FW addict when:

"never bought precious metals before but i trust fellow FWers so much i just went for it."

It's only $220, so maybe no need to go all Fort Knox on this - you've got higher value concentration elsewhere I bet. Try to keep from trotting it out and doing the backstroke in the pile like Scrooge McDuck in front of a room full of new acquaintances or anyone for that matter. Gifting a bar at a time is a fairly novel use though.

  "What's the use of having eleven octillion dollars if I don't make a big noise about it?" - Uncle Scrooge

baigimran said:   It is almost the same price on their site, http://www.apmex.com/product/27086/1-oz-apmex-silver-bar-999-fin... 

I suspect gold and silver is going further down.

  Gold is definitely going down, good chance of seeing it hit $1,000 by the end of the year, barring major economic changes. I'd rather have coins than these bars though, at least you're getting more than a paperweight, although this is a decent price with shipping.

baigimran said:   It is almost the same price on their site, http://www.apmex.com/product/27086/1-oz-apmex-silver-bar-999-fin... 

I suspect gold and silver is going further down.

  With as many posts selling silver I agree with you.  In all the years I do not recall silver "deals" ever on FW.  From what I recall, before the market crash, it was in the $3-$4 range.  Have not noticed any of those over the top commercials for buying your junk gold lately either. 

Am I reading this right? Get 2 free Sunshine Silver Bars when you buy 8! There's no limit to this deal. If you buy 16 Sunshine Silver Bars, you'll get 4 Sunshine Silver Bars for FREE!???? This is a lot of 10 so does that mean you get a total of 12 bars for $219?

I recently received a coupon from eBay for 15% off my first "eBay Mobile app" purchase (save up to $100 with a $20 minimum purchase).  I was able to use this coupon for this Silver Bar lot purchase and paid just $186.99! 

cheapjc said:   Am I reading this right? Get 2 free Sunshine Silver Bars when you buy 8! There's no limit to this deal. If you buy 16 Sunshine Silver Bars, you'll get 4 Sunshine Silver Bars for FREE!???? This is a lot of 10 so does that mean you get a total of 12 bars for $219?
  
It's 10 bars total. They just want to make you think you're getting a deal.

Thanks thats what I figured but the way they wrote it is just plain messed up, still a good deal in my book.

received today, they must use Gorilla glue! I kinda like how they sleeved them.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014