• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
alive again. Make sure you know what you are doing before buying them. webpage interface is in french. I bought 4 last week are so when they where $14.99. I'm using them with zoneminder.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&...

Rakuten.com Shopping
See Rakuten.com Shopping coupons that earn Up to 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Surveillance Camera
Thanks erohrer
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks Luigi, I'll try again to get it working.

webley (Apr. 22, 2014 @ 1:19a) |

Finally got the wireless working by setting up a static MAC and IP combination.  I temporarily disabled win7 firewall an... (more)

webley (Apr. 24, 2014 @ 8:19p) |

My camera worked just fine on wifi out of the box with the stock french firmware. The channel number doesn't matter, bu... (more)

KuoH (Apr. 25, 2014 @ 2:15p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sorry, this product is no longer sold at the Rakuten.com website

also Sorry, this product is no longer sold at the Rakuten.com website

The op's link worked for me
and shows as available,.

Tnx OP

Worked for me thanks

Down for one. Thanks!

In for three, about the cost of one early model foscam. Hope these will work with a Freedompop 3g and a solaraid power 10, for remote independent viewing. The foscam is a power sucker, thanks OP.

Youtube How to  Looks like a go by on how to set these up

In for 2, Thanks OP!

Do these require a computer or do each have a webserver built in so they would each send photos over the internet ?

What kind of range do these have. Any comment on how far you can see with good clarity? I'd like to put these inside facing out my windows to monitor my property when I'm not around. Need something that can show persons at at least 20' to 30'. Will this fir the bill?

BlueSeaLake said:   Do these require a computer or do each have a webserver built in so they would each send photos over the internet ?
  They have a webserver so you can download an app on your phone.  However you need to open the port on your Router to make it work.

Is this camera good?

here is a pic off one of mine. the path for the camera's for zoneminder etc is /cgi-bin/video.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51092189/011-capture.jpg

Sorry, Jimmy. Can you help me to access the cgi-bin.video.jpg? Is there any way to archive, or is this strictly real-time? Thanks.

Thanks OP and Jimmy for the pic. In 4 2! btw was on sale in '12 for $50 so this camera has been around for a while.

Quick quesiton before I jump.... how's the image at night? I don't see any ir led Thx

link to updates for the camera  

thanks!
Saw a post where they said this might help setup. (in case you don't know French)
http://download.vivotek.com/downloadfile/downloads/usersmanuals/ip7137manual_en.pdf 

Ordered one, thanks OP. Now need to figure out how to create a cheap DIY outdoor enclosure.

I probably need 2-3 camera but didn't want to take the plunge without testing one myself first. If I need to add other IP cams, such as a Foscam into the mix, can I bring them all into the same recording software?

bigmonkey70 said:   Quick quesiton before I jump.... how's the image at night? I don't see any ir led Thx

I would also like to know for anyone that has them now if any good at night

valvo23 said:   
bigmonkey70 said:   Quick quesiton before I jump.... how's the image at night? I don't see any ir led Thx

I would also like to know for anyone that has them now if any good at night

No IR here is a night time pic. If you find an IP camera with IR for 14.99/shipped i want to know about it.

night
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ytkehc7q3y5as6/011-capture%20%282%29....

If you want better night vision, you can add an IR light like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-48-LED-Illuminator-Light-Lamp-CCTV-I...

omarECD said:   If you want better night vision, you can add an IR light like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-48-LED-Illuminator-Light-Lamp-CCTV-I...

That will not work. The camera's have to be made with the filter to pick up IR light.

thanks bought one to play with

Just thought I'd throw this in for anyone interested. If you have an old android phone, you can turn it into a great wireless IP camera with the free "IP Webcam" app. It has surprisingly good quality and support in a number of monitoring apps and browsers, including sound, control over the flash LED, and the built-in ability to capture a full-resolution image at any time. It doesn't have motion detection built in, but software can do that for you. Definitely worth checking out if you already have an old phone laying around or can pick up a used one cheap. I got one of the $10 Kyocera Hydro phones from Target last week and it works really well for this purpose.

tommythe said:   link to updates for the camera  
  thanks for the link, it's under IP7137 and the interesting note is: Note: If firmware version is 01XX, please download 0199z version and have your camera upgraded with it at first. If the MAC address of your camera is 0002D101XXXX, it can't be upgraded to the latest firmware because the mainboard is too old to upgrade. 

Thanks just bought 4

forbin4040 said:   
BlueSeaLake said:   Do these require a computer or do each have a webserver built in so they would each send photos over the internet ?
  They have a webserver so you can download an app on your phone.  However you need to open the port on your Router to make it work.

Thanks..  I'm buying 2 now

In for 2. I thought I bought that farm picture. LoL

Why does it have a antenna if doesn't have built in wifi?

MKITSO said:   Why does it have a antenna if doesn't have built in wifi?
?

"Wireless works fine" 

I bought 1. Thanks OP.

Thanks for posting your pictures jimmyzshack. Pulled the trigger on 4. Have a cabin on 5.5 acres and need to keep an eye on it!

Okay so I purchased two and downloaded the software from Vivotek to view the video and sound works great.

Any suggestions on Android apps that work well with these cameras? Thanks in advance.

Mawashi said:   
  thanks for the link, it's under IP7137 and the interesting note is: Note: If firmware version is 01XX, please download 0199z version and have your camera upgraded with it at first. If the MAC address of your camera is 0002D101XXXX, it can't be upgraded to the latest firmware because the mainboard is too old to upgrade. 

just got mine today. So you are all installing the IP7137 firmware over the stock TC5331 firmware?

us said:   
Mawashi said:   
  thanks for the link, it's under IP7137 and the interesting note is: Note: If firmware version is 01XX, please download 0199z version and have your camera upgraded with it at first. If the MAC address of your camera is 0002D101XXXX, it can't be upgraded to the latest firmware because the mainboard is too old to upgrade. 

just got mine today. So you are all installing the IP7137 firmware over the stock TC5331 firmware?

When I tried doing this it told me it was the wing model. Let me know if it works for you. Thx
Having difficulty getting it fully wireless anyone else?

Skipping 27 Messages...
My camera worked just fine on wifi out of the box with the stock french firmware. The channel number doesn't matter, but the SSID, encryption and key must match, just like any other wifi device. They scan all channels for the specified SSID, then connect using that channel. I've tested the camera with my network on 1, 6 and 11 and it connects just fine. This is WPA only and you must select TKIP or AES to match your router. I've seen routers that have a WPA/WPA2 mode that is supposed to be compatible with devices using either, but sometimes it just doesn't work and you have to pick one or the other.

As for the video performance, it is surprisingly decent for the price. Even night time images are good enough for most uses if there is some ambient light. At this price, I wish I had ordered more than one.

KuoH

luigi2008 said:   I can't see from the router screen shot what channel is being used. Just make sure it is the same as the what the camera is using. In this case it is 1.
Use WPA-PSK + AES if your router supports it. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014