• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, 7.25-Ounce Boxes Pack of 35 : Amazon.com: Grocery Gourmet Food
Disclaimer
Amazon has lowered the price on Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Dinner (Pack of 35) to $37.04.
Clip the 25% off coupon and check out with Subscribe & Save and pay only $25.94.
Shipping is free on Subscribe & Save deliveries.

Clip the 25% off coupon here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/coupon/kraft-dinners/A36RXMZ4VWLN2H
The page will show you all available Kraft & Velveeta packaged dinners that are eligible for the coupon at this time.
If you have already used the coupon, it will tell you you are not eligible for this coupon.

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinners: http://www.amazon.com/Kraft-Macaroni-Cheese-7-25-Ounce-Boxes/dp/...

Subscribe & Save, after coupon = $25.94 (74 cents per box)
Subscribe & Save with 5+ after coupon = $22.32 (63.5 cents per box)
Subscribe & Save with 5+ and Amazon Mom after coupon = $20.38 (58 cents per box)
iluvthebeach Via SD said: I did have to figure the discounts manually, so the end price after discount and coupon may be a penny or two off.

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts

1.   Kraft mac and Cheese has a distinctive flavor that most children like and they used to be quite inexpensive when I ... (more)

ViveLeRoi (Mar. 31, 2014 @ 10:13a) |

Land Of Lakes used to be pretty good too. It's hit or miss on most store brands.

ViveLeRoi (Mar. 31, 2014 @ 10:14a) |

OOS? Looks like they are being sold through another distributor now who charges $20+ for shipping!

ViveLeRoi (Mar. 31, 2014 @ 10:17a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good deal based on price.

Horrible deal based on ingredient list.

Bizatch said:   Good deal based on price.

Horrible deal based on ingredient list.

I agree and agree!

I always wondered who would want to buy this packaged "dinner" "deal" full of preservatives, artificial colors and flavors when you can boil pasta in under 10 minutes, sprinkle freshly grated cheese on top of it in about 10 sec and all for way cheaper than $1.

edit: BTW, yellow 5 and yellow 6 that are used in this product require warning label in EU and are effectively absent from packaged foods in EU, since who would buy a product saying in bold letters: "Warning! Contains artificial colors that are linked to hyperactivity (ADHD) in children"

I was hoping this was Canadian "Kraft Dinner." I hear it is way better, eh.

What's the expiration/best by date on these? The packages in the grocery stores around me are marked with November 2014. There's no way my family would want to consume this many by then. I'd have to give most of these away.

Best deal I have seen recently. N41, thanks!

andrey2506 said:   I always wondered who would want to buy this packaged "dinner" "deal" full of preservatives, artificial colors and flavors when you can boil pasta in under 10 minutes, sprinkle freshly grated cheese on top of it in about 10 sec and all for way cheaper than $1.

edit: BTW, yellow 5 and yellow 6 that are used in this product require warning label in EU and are effectively absent from packaged foods in EU, since who would buy a product saying in bold letters: "Warning! Contains artificial colors that are linked to hyperactivity (ADHD) in children"

What world is Pasta and Cheese cheaper than a dollar?
You dumpster dive for that?
Nice to know about the warning. Then again, everything is bad for and may damage some one.
Personally I don't mind the Mac and Cheese. Sometimes I just feel the need to eat some crap that reminds me of childhood.

EvilWizardGlick said:   andrey2506 said:   I always wondered who would want to buy this packaged "dinner" "deal" full of preservatives, artificial colors and flavors when you can boil pasta in under 10 minutes, sprinkle freshly grated cheese on top of it in about 10 sec and all for way cheaper than $1.

Nice to know about the warning. Then again, everything is bad for and may damage some one.
Personally I don't mind the Mac and Cheese. Sometimes I just feel the need to eat some crap that reminds me of childhood.

It's called buying in bulk. Ya know, the fatwallet way

EvilWizardGlick said:   
andrey2506 said:   I always wondered who would want to buy this packaged "dinner" "deal" full of preservatives, artificial colors and flavors when you can boil pasta in under 10 minutes, sprinkle freshly grated cheese on top of it in about 10 sec and all for way cheaper than $1.

Trader Joe's

No spirals?  Not worth it!

[q=EvilWizardGlick; ] Then again, everything is bad for and may damage some one.
  Spoken like a true American.

Thanks, all set for the "weekly" food drive donations at school.

Is the Kraft better than the store brands, that are typically 2 and 3 for a dollar?

sechs said:   No spirals?  Not worth it!

they are twistable...

Huh??? What world are YOU living in? Pasta and grated cheese costs pennies. 

1 full POUND of pasta in almost any shape imaginable of one brand or another is perpetually on sale for $1 or less year round in mainstream supermarkets.

Each of those Kraft Macaroni and Crap packages has about 1/3 of a pound of pasta in them. (the 7.25 oz includes the weight of the seasoning packet)

1/2 lb of Pecorino Romano* costs $3.50 and is enough for 10 servings easy even if you're being super generous when you grate it. 

Salt and pepper, negligible cost.

Drizzle of olive oil - 10 cents

So for under 75 cents you've got MORE food of MUCH higher quality than this artificially colored flavored and MSG laden garbage that was originally created to sell to people during the Great Depression that didn't have refrigerators. 

* and even if you're attached to cheddar specifically (even though the kraft crap doesn't have ANY real cheddar in it) you can get generic cheddar on sale for $2.50 lb or less. Since you need no more than 1/5 lb even that wouldn't push the per serving cost higher than this powdered junk.

NuMystic said:   

1 full POUND of pasta in almost any shape imaginable of one brand or another is perpetually on sale year round in mainstream supermarkets.

Each of those Kraft Macaroni and Crap packages has about 1/3 of a pound of pasta in them. (the 7.25 oz includes the weight of the seasoning packet)

1/2 lb of Pecorino Romano costs $3.50 and is enough for 10 servings easy even if you're being super generous when you grate it. 

So for under 75 cents you've got MORE food of MUCH higher quality than this artificially colored and flavored garbage that was created to sell to people during the Great Depression that didn't have refrigerators. 

IMO, those who buy the boxed stuff wants easy fixins or they let the kids do it...

RE:

Isn't other pils cheaper?

yesidonoitall said:   RE:

Of course there are cheaper oils but I was illustrating how a healthier and higher quality meal can be had for even cheaper than this junk. As for easy fixins and having the kids make it… any child that is old enough to safely handle boiling water can just as easily sprinkle salt pepper and grate a bit of cheese. wtf. 

out of stock

NuMystic said:   
yesidonoitall said:   RE:

Of course there are cheaper oils but I was illustrating how a healthier and higher quality meal can be had for even cheaper than this junk. As for easy fixins and having the kids make it… any child that is old enough to safely handle boiling water can just as easily sprinkle salt pepper and grate a bit of cheese. wtf. 

Uh, ok.

ITS THE CHEEEEEEESIEST!!!!

yesidonoitall said:   Is the Kraft better than the store brands, that are typically 2 and 3 for a dollar?
  Yes!  Way better...  but i guess it depends on the store too.  The store brands I had tasted like watery cheese flavored salt noodles.

This will make a lot of "orange juice" for April Fools Day.

NuMystic said:   

1 full POUND of pasta in almost any shape imaginable of one brand or another is perpetually on sale for $1 or less year round in mainstream supermarkets.

1/2 lb of Pecorino Romano* costs $3.50 and is enough for 10 servings easy even if you're being super generous when you grate it. 

So for under 75 cents you've got MORE food of MUCH higher quality than this artificially colored flavored and MSG laden garbage that was originally created to sell to people during the Great Depression that didn't have refrigerators. 

* and even if you're attached to cheddar specifically (even though the kraft crap doesn't have ANY real cheddar in it) you can get generic cheddar on sale for $2.50 lb or less. Since you need no more than 1/5 lb even that wouldn't push the per serving cost higher than this powdered junk.

1.   Kraft mac and Cheese has a distinctive flavor that most children like and they used to be quite inexpensive when I was in college so I used to buy cases of it @ 3/$1.00 and I ate quite a lot with no ill effects.
  2. Your suggested replacement also has a distinctive flavor which some may like and others may not like, but it is *quite* different from the Kraft product so you can't offer it as a direct replacement. There are plenty of filling, healthy foods out there but you aren't comparing apples to apples.
  3. Nutrition information for 2tbs of your suggested cheese is Here The Kraft is here Note that the Kraft product is low in fat and high in protien. Sodium is a little high, but it is comparable to the Romano cheese that you recommend.
  4. I'm not sure where you can buy a pound of cheddar cheese for $2.50/lb or less, but around here finding an 8oz brick for $1.67 means you are doing extremely well. In order to make mac and cheese from it, you would also need other ingredients and in the end you would simply have a product like the Stouffers mac and cheese which is easier to buy frozen. I think you need to recheck the prices of cheese in your area.

Plissken said:   
yesidonoitall said:   Is the Kraft better than the store brands, that are typically 2 and 3 for a dollar?
  Yes!  Way better...  but i guess it depends on the store too.  The store brands I had tasted like watery cheese flavored salt noodles.

Land Of Lakes used to be pretty good too. It's hit or miss on most store brands.

OOS? Looks like they are being sold through another distributor now who charges $20+ for shipping!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014