• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Eastwear Bag
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details... 

$24.99 Rebate Form:
http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/rebates/TD-14260%20(US).pdf 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lenovo Notebook Stand:
 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details... 

$9.99 Rebate Form:
http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/rebates/TD-14258%20(US).pdf 

* Limit 1 per each item, per Household.

* Free Shipping with Shoprunner 

Member Summary

backpack
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
fwiw, my rebate came today. thanks OP

VivYip (May. 18, 2014 @ 7:12p) |

You get mail delivered on Sunday?

My Lenovo Notebook Stand rebate card was sent 5/11.
My Eastwear Backpack rebate card was... (more)

NoMoneyInMyWallet (May. 18, 2014 @ 10:51p) |

saturday. sorry. =P

VivYip (May. 19, 2014 @ 5:55a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks.  Have a $100 GC to burn.

I don't see the Shoprunner option...

JumboRedGrunt said:   I don't see the Shoprunner option...
I see the SR eligibility above the Add to Cart box.  Are you logged into your SR account?  

Shoprunner an option for me on the backpack after i logged in to checkout.

Backpack: Item# E23-41840

Notebook stand: Item#: LCU-101817902

nevermind

Combine with BankAmeriDeals for MM (10%)

I have the stand from a couple of years ago ($7 from Lenovo I think) and I like it. I do wish it would go even more vertical, I find the net footprint is still too big. But it's better (at least based on my experience) than the one 2/5 review suggests. Worth a try when it's FAR.

When the TD rebate terms say "This rebate ... may be paid with a prepaid reward card." do they mean a prepaid Visa or MC, or a store credit?

Thanks!
=aw

[edit: I found this in the detailed terms on the rebate form. Is there a charge for converting the prepaid Amex to a cheque?]
Rebate form said: ... If your rebate payment is $5.00 or greater, you will receive an American Express® Prepaid Reward Card issued by AEPCMC under license from American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. (the “Reward Card”). Reward cards may be used at merchants in the United States, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands that accept American Express Cards. ... The Reward Card is subject to applicable law; a $2.00 monthly service charge applies but is waived for the initial four (4) months after receipt by cardholder. ... If you prefer a check, simply call the toll free number on the back of the Reward Card upon receipt and follow the telephone prompts.

ottawa said:   I have the stand from a couple of years ago ($7 from Lenovo I think) and I like it. I do wish it would go even more vertical, I find the net footprint is still too big. But it's better (at least based on my experience) than the one 2/5 review suggests. Worth a try when it's FAR.

When the TD rebate terms say "This rebate ... may be paid with a prepaid reward card." do they mean a prepaid Visa or MC, or a store credit?

Thanks!
=aw

[edit: I found this in the detailed terms on the rebate form. Is there a charge for converting the prepaid Amex to a cheque?]
Rebate form said: ... If your rebate payment is $5.00 or greater, you will receive an American Express® Prepaid Reward Card issued by AEPCMC under license from American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. (the “Reward Card”). Reward cards may be used at merchants in the United States, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands that accept American Express Cards. ... The Reward Card is subject to applicable law; a $2.00 monthly service charge applies but is waived for the initial four (4) months after receipt by cardholder. ... If you prefer a check, simply call the toll free number on the back of the Reward Card upon receipt and follow the telephone prompts.

Even if there isn't a charge, you probably have to wait another 8-10 weeks for a check. Not worth it.

dboston1 said:   
ottawa said:   I have the stand from a couple of years ago ($7 from Lenovo I think) and I like it. I do wish it would go even more vertical, I find the net footprint is still too big. But it's better (at least based on my experience) than the one 2/5 review suggests. Worth a try when it's FAR.

Thanks!
=aw

Even if there isn't a charge, you probably have to wait another 8-10 weeks for a check. Not worth it.

Nope, not at all. The rebate turn around time is one of the fastest - unless you screw it up. I get mine in less than 4 weeks, sometimes as early as in 3 weeks. And its not a check - they are almost always prepaid Debit cards (either Amex or Visa)

Right- we were discussing requesting a check instead of the AmEx card, which according to the fine print you can do AFTER you receive the card. I've successfully done two rebates through TD / 4MyRebate, both of which took about 7-8 weeks.

maybe check out the bundle deal? extra $3 for mouse and headset

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details...

I was wrong about the stand being in-store, it's online only. Made me go all the way through to final review before order to learn it's $4.26 shipping for just the stand.

Next year I might try Shoprunner on a 30-day trial but not now.

And I notice Shoprunner has a promo for Prime members: a year of Shoprunner free if you haven't renewed Prime at $99 yet. I doubt they'll be offering this in December but if they do I'll be there.

=aw

davidthefwer said:   maybe check out the bundle deal? extra $3 for mouse and headset

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details...

Not Shoprunner eligible, so it's + shipping.

TigerDirect and Rebate. Be very careful.

You have to register and log in first;p

for hunting? camping?

I'd get on this if it wasn't Tiger Direct. Oh well...

Thanks - in for one.

i haven't tried TigerDirect rebates before...are they reliable?

VivYip said:   i haven't tried TigerDirect rebates before...are they reliable?
 Yes you have ....haven't you ?  (I've noticed you in many rebate threads).  

If you're being serious...they are fine (same league as Newegg, etc).  The only exception are the Total Defense ones..but that has to do more with the Total Defense verification process than TigerDirect themselves. 

About as reliable as a snow coming out of your shower head instead of water!

respdoc said:   
 Yes you have ....haven't you ?  (I've noticed you in many rebate threads).  

If you're being serious...they are fine (same league as Newegg, etc).  The only exception are the Total Defense ones..but that has to do more with the Total Defense verification process than TigerDirect themselves. 

i'm serious...and no I haven't tried TigerDirect mostly because their shipping was not free most of the time...and the overall reputation.  (yes, i do a lot of rebates. =P   Staples, OD (when it was FAR)  even 1sale...I admittedly haven't done fry's either.)  If they're in the same league as Newegg, then I'll try it. =T

I never had any problem with TD rebates. But then my association is only sporadic.

I got it to work finally. First, I didn't see the Shoprunner option probably because I had not signed on to SR. After I did and went to the Place Your Order page, the SR button was not clickable. The SR message on that page showed that I logged in (there was a link to sign out). I chatted with TD rep but he didn't know what the problem was. I then signed out of SR and signed in again on that page and it worked. 

JumboRedGrunt said:   I got it to work finally. First, I didn't see the Shoprunner option probably because I had not signed on to SR. After I did and went to the Place Your Order page, the SR button was not clickable. The SR message on that page showed that I logged in (there was a link to sign out). I chatted with TD rep but he didn't know what the problem was. I then signed out of SR and signed in again on that page and it worked. 
  Hmm... I get something similar with Newegg & SR at times.  

here is my order last night, 4/2/14 some items rebates expire today. $10 off is April fools email link

Manhattan Stealth Wireless Touch Mouse - 2.4GHz Wireless, 1200 dpi Resolution, USB Receiver - 178013 (YYD1-178013)
1 $7.99
$7.99

Eastwear 15.6 In. Laptop Backpack - Large Main Compartment, Padded Sleeves & 10 In. Tablet Pocket, Air Mesh, Flaps, 1 x Front & 2 x Side Pockets, Gray - E23-42913 (E23-42913)
1 $10.00
$10.00

Inveo Premium LCD Screen Cleaning Kit - 240ml, Gel-type Spray, 3x Microfiber Cloths, Double Suede (I14-41994)
2 $7.97
$15.94

Eastwear PVMNT Series Backpack Laptop Case - Up To 15.6", Backpack, Adjustable Straps, Stylish Street Inspired Orange Interior, Rugged Zipper (E23-41840)
1 $24.99
$24.99

Conair Custom Cut® 21-Piece Haircut Clippers Kit - Comes With Case, 5 Detent Taper Control - HC200GB (C185-1048)
1 $15.99
$15.99

Kingwin CFR-012LB Red LED Case Fan - 120mm, Long Life Bearing, 950 RPM, 40 CFM (K450-2574)
3 $9.99
$29.97

Total for all Items:
$104.88
Shipping & Handling:
$7.01
Sales Tax:
$11.94
Discount:
$10.00
Grand Total:
$113.83

Got 1 backpack, 3 case fans, and 5 hdmi cables (used $10 coupon and SD 5% cb) - ~$10 mm. Thanks.

Just got the backpack. It's very small! Probably good for your kid from K to 4th grade. You can probably fit no more than 2 thin books along with your laptop.  If this weren't free I would have returned it. I'm beginning to hate these so called laptop bags because they really hold just a laptop and nothing more.

edit: Strange, my bag didn't come with an UPC code.  There's no way in hell I'm going to get my rebate.  Did you guys get an UPC code with the backpack?  

edit2: Man, contacted TD and they said to send in rebate w/o the UPC code?  No thanks, this is going back.  I know better not to do this and get screwed at the end.  Not a good experience!

Hope rebate pans out because I would hate buying this over the Oggio at Woot.

optical said:   Just got the backpack. It's very small! Probably good for your kid from K to 4th grade. You can probably fit no more than 2 thin books along with your laptop.  If this weren't free I would have returned it. I'm beginning to hate these so called laptop bags because they really hold just a laptop and nothing more.

edit: Strange, my bag didn't come with an UPC code.  There's no way in hell I'm going to get my rebate.  Did you guys get an UPC code with the backpack?  

edit2: Man, contacted TD and they said to send in rebate w/o the UPC code?  No thanks, this is going back.  I know better not to do this and get screwed at the end.  Not a good experience!

Did you look in the right place ?  Everyone I've ever seen has been on the tag. 

@Optical- hold on to it for a day or so.  Others will receive theirs and we'll find out if there's no UPC or if its hiding.

my4mainecoons said:   @Optical- hold on to it for a day or so.  Others will receive theirs and we'll find out if there's no UPC or if its hiding.
  Mine came fine with a UPC.  No reason for you to start rumors you have no clue about.

I received mine today. Large tag attached to the bag with a UPC on it. Rebate has already been sent off.

Also rec'd bag with tag w/ UPC.

Have folks submitted rebates using packing slip? 
I've always used the TD invoice but now they route you to PayPal and the PayPal invoice isn't itemized so I'm thinking I should use packing slip instead.

my4mainecoons said:   Have folks submitted rebates using packing slip? 
I've always used the TD invoice but now they route you to PayPal and the PayPal invoice isn't itemized so I'm thinking I should use packing slip instead.

The rebate form will tell you exactly what forms of invoice/packing slips they accept. Which ones they accept vary by rebate. 

my4mainecoons said:   Have folks submitted rebates using packing slip? 

I've submitted the packing slip twice with TD. One time it worked, second time it didn't and I had to resubmit with the actual printed invoice from their site.

Skipping 7 Messages...
saturday. sorry. =P

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014