• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Werner 6 ft. Aluminum Step Ladder with 250 lb. Load Capacity Type I Duty Rating-366 at The Home Depot
Disclaimer
Link to Ad: http://localad.homedepot.com/HomeDepot/BrowseByPage?storeid=2398...
 ** Begins 4/3  
5 for $10 Mulch
5 for $10 Miracle Grow Soil
Werner 6 ft. Aluminum Step Ladder -- $29.88: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Werner-6-ft-Aluminum-Step-Ladder-with...

Home Depot
See Home Depot coupons that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
usually cheaper to have your local city deliver it.
mulch from storm "downed" trees, etc.
Truck-load may be "the whole 9 y... (more)

RegUSPatOff (Apr. 10, 2014 @ 11:11a) |

Thanks. It is a surprise.

haldis (Apr. 10, 2014 @ 11:28a) |

Gardening chores again...more work....

MIGHTYMACHONE (Apr. 17, 2014 @ 6:20p) |

To see the prices - easier way - just click on the change link next to the store name in the upper left. Put in your zip code and choose a store. Then click on the bottom left corner that says "This weeks Ads, Guides and Catalogs" and choose the Weekly Specials 4/3.

Above by louamo

CHAR-BROIL HYBRID 3-BURNER GAS & CHARCOAL GRILL for $149
The Char-Broil 3-Burner Hybrid Charcoal/Propane Gas Grill offers the best of both grilling worlds. A two in one convenient 3-burner gas grill that heats up quickly for every day meals and a traditional charcoal grill that infuses intense flavor for more sophisticated recipes. Its 3 stainless steel burners easily ignite the charcoal briquettes without using lighter fluids.

1) Go to the Home Depot site. Find your ad that is in effect now. Copy the digits after "storeid" in the URL.
2) Click on the OP's link, which brings up the Friday ad for HIS store.
3) Paste your store ID into his URL and viola - you have your Friday ad with the Friday prices.

Mulch is 4/3 - 4/6. Other items are 4/3 - 4/13.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

SE Michigan
Disclaimer
BIG YMMV. This is NOT the circular in my area (SE Michigan). Mulch is 3 for $10, not 5 for $10. Miracle Grow Soil is also 3 for $10. No ladder.  

Unless, this is from the 1 day sneak peak they ran on Tuesday, for the Friday sale, which is currently not visible.  Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Edit - see added information on how to see the prices, which start on THURSDAY.  

EradicateSpam said:   BIG YMMV. This is NOT the circular in my area (SE Michigan). Mulch is 3 for $10, not 5 for $10. Miracle Grow Soil is also 3 for $10. No ladder.  

Unless, this is from the 1 day sneak peak they ran on Tuesday, for the Friday sale, which is currently not visible.  Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Spam, that is odd because I'm in mid-Michigan (Midland) and everything is just as deals mentions...ladder is available and the mulch and MG are 5/$10.

Where are you seeing this?  If I go to HomeDepot's site, and change to Midland, I see the same ad I described.  I did get an email yesterday from Home Depot that offered a 1 day peek at the Friday price's, didn't open it, and now it says come back Thursday.  Are you seeing this TODAY (Weds)?

Nice find. Thanks OP!

Mulch and Soil showing 3 for $10 for me (Charlotte, NC)

Update - I figured out how to do see the prices.  Or, you could go the easy way and follow Sarah's instructions.  Me, I like things difficult...   

1) Go to the Home Depot site. Find your ad that is in effect now. Copy the digits after "storeid" in the URL.
2) Click on the OP's link, which brings up the Friday ad for HIS store.
3) Paste your store ID into his URL and viola - you have your Friday ad with the Friday prices.

FYI, the mulch is available from 4/3 (Thursday) to 4/6 (Sunday), limit 40 bags two cubic foot bags. The Miracle-Gro soil, and most other items are available 4/3 - 4/13, limit 40 bags and they are one cubic foot.

EradicateSpam said:   BIG YMMV. This is NOT the circular in my area (SE Michigan). Mulch is 3 for $10, not 5 for $10. Miracle Grow Soil is also 3 for $10. No ladder.  

Its in the ad from 4/3 - 4/13. To get there, pick your local store and the ad will default ad ending today,  look to the bottom left and you'll see "This week's ads, guides & catalogs", click on the carrot up and select the ad starting 4/3.

Sure Sarah, make it easy.  I much prefer my method to get to the ad...   

To see the prices - easier way - just click on the change link next to the store name in the upper left. Put in your zip code and choose a store. Then click on the bottom left corner that says "This weeks Ads, Guides and Catalogs" and choose the Weekly Specials 4/3.

Thanks!

They should be calling this "Green Friday" to go with the Spring theme. Anyway, using Sarah's method I can see 5/$10 at my local store. I'm definitely going to go twice and get 80 bags. This is cheaper than getting yards of mulch dumped in the driveway.

I've been eagerly awaiting for the HD Spring BF ad...especially with the harsh winter we've had in the midwest. I have to say, i'm pretty disappointed with what i see. the mulch and soil are a good deal, but not much else that i'm excited about. in years past they have always had a decent deck box for around 30 bucks, i dont see that this year.

YMMV indeed, I get the 3 for 10 mulch (which is normally 3.67 per bag). Nothing good for my zip code

Hi Y'all - wondering is the ladder a good deal?

mmyk72 said:   Hi Y'all - wondering is the ladder a good deal?

If it gets rung up at $29.88 it is.

ganda said:   

If it gets rung up at $29.88 it is.

lol good one.

But...I am not a fan of aluminum ladders, I know they are light, but they seem to break easy.  I prefer the werner fiberglass ones...they cost and weigh a little more, but you should get a lifetime of use out of it.  If weight is a factor, buy a 4' fiberglass...I find that I use that one more than any other I own...it seems like you can reach most common tasks with a shorter one.

Yes, it is a good deal and a good ladder.  I bought it last year fir $50 delivered to an office in NYC and it was far the best price and came right to my door.  We no longer have to call the building maintenance people to change light bulbs at $75 a pop... And have used it to run network cables through the ceiling.  Not sure it has free shipping at this price, but at $50 it was a bargain, so at $30 it is more of a bargain.

The mulch deal was ALMOST cheaper for me, but I'll still save money picking it up myself from the bulk vendor in my area.

mulch showing up as 5 for $10 at my local store. thanks OP - gonna load up on this stuff and shake it like a Polaroid picture all over my landscaping. i know, outdated reference but does Andre 3000 really ever go out of style?

Prngr44 said:   The mulch deal was ALMOST cheaper for me, but I'll still save money picking it up myself from the bulk vendor in my area.
  My local town periodically gives mulch away to homeowners for free (landscapers and other pros are not allowed).  Great if you have a pickup (which I don't) so the HD prices are pretty good.

3 for $10 in surprise AZ

bobbybore said:   
Prngr44 said:   The mulch deal was ALMOST cheaper for me, but I'll still save money picking it up myself from the bulk vendor in my area.
  My local town periodically gives mulch away to homeowners for free (landscapers and other pros are not allowed).  Great if you have a pickup (which I don't) so the HD prices are pretty good.

You get what you pay for.  In my area, the free mulch from the county is made from the yard waste that people bring to the recycling center.  You are likely to get mulch that is full of weeds and bugs, and if you look closely, you'll find shredded bits of trash, wire, etc.  Bulk mulch from a garden center or landscape company is a completely different story, but you would be lucky to find it for less than the $27 per cubic yard equivalent of this deal.  Bags are easier to move around your yard too. 

5 for $10 in Pensacola it seems, if I pasted the info correctly.

dcwilbur said:   
bobbybore said:   

You get what you pay for.  In my area, the free mulch from the county is made from the yard waste that people bring to the recycling center.  You are likely to get mulch that is full of weeds and bugs, and if you look closely, you'll find shredded bits of trash, wire, etc.  Bulk mulch from a garden center or landscape company is a completely different story, but you would be lucky to find it for less than the $27 per cubic yard equivalent of this deal.  Bags are easier to move around your yard too. 

I use the free stuff to mulch around trees in the backyard that are growing...helps to have something to mow around, but I wouldn't put that stuff near the house.  no idea if there are termites or anything else that's in there, plus in my case it's pretty big chunks where this is much more finely shredded.  

Is there anything wrong with letting the leaves stay where they are at the base of trees, instead of using store bought mulch??

Our landscaper removes the leaves each season, puts on mulch... then charges us an obscene amount of $$..... seems like someone just trying to rip us off.

I noticed this CHAR-BROILŪ HYBRID 3-BURNER GAS & CHARCOAL GRILL for $149: Anyone have any experience with this?

The Char-Broil 3-Burner Hybrid Charcoal/Propane Gas Grill offers the best of both grilling worlds. A two in one convenient 3-burner gas grill that heats up quickly for every day meals and a traditional charcoal grill that infuses intense flavor for more sophisticated recipes. Its 3 stainless steel burners easily ignite the charcoal briquettes without using lighter fluids.

For what it's worth I did my research in my local area and I pay $29.50/yard for black mulch plus a delivery fee. This works out to $27 a yard.

mmyk72 said:   Is there anything wrong with letting the leaves stay where they are at the base of trees, instead of using store bought mulch??

Our landscaper removes the leaves each season, puts on mulch... then charges us an obscene amount of $$..... seems like someone just trying to rip us off.

Mulch is mostly for appearances, but there are some benefits.  If you just let the leaves sit there, they are going to form a fairly dense mat that is going to impede water flow to the roots of the tree.  Mulch lets the water through more easily and reduces evaporation as well.  The best thing to do with the leaves is to shred them so finely that they can go right back on the lawn.  Alternatively, mix them with your grass clippings and they will compost.

Thanks OP - was looking for basic ladder - saved $25

dcwilbur said:   
mmyk72 said:   Is there anything wrong with letting the leaves stay where they are at the base of trees, instead of using store bought mulch??

Mulch is mostly for appearances, but there are some benefits.  If you just let the leaves sit there, they are going to form a fairly dense mat that is going to impede water flow to the roots of the tree.  Mulch lets the water through more easily and reduces evaporation as well.  The best thing to do with the leaves is to shred them so finely that they can go right back on the lawn.  Alternatively, mix them with your grass clippings and they will compost.

Thanks for this info!!

perfect!  just in time because i need to add more soil to my garden.  ty op!

Myers215 said:   For what it's worth I did my research in my local area and I pay $29.50/yard for black mulch plus a delivery fee. This works out to $27 a yard.

They pay you to deliver it?  

I put on a mulch/compost mix that my local supplier sells for $22/yard.  Just straight up woodchip/bark mulch is only $19/yard which I suspect is what most of this bagged mulch is.

3 for $10 in my area

but Thanks for the heads up will be there first thing this weekend

CPAESQ said:   3 for $10 in my area

but Thanks for the heads up will be there first thing this weekend

You're probably looking at the current AD. Go to link provided but replace their store number with your stores number in the URL to get tomorrows sale. 

Unfortunately, I wanted the $2 Strawberry plant but this is not part of my local deal which included vegetables and herbs only.

chelciecl said:   Unfortunately, I wanted the $2 Strawberry plant but this is not part of my local deal which included vegetables and herbs only.
  my local ads show bonnie 5" plants (reg. $3.89) for $2 each.  so if bonnie has strawberry plants in their 5" containers, they will be $2 each starting tomorrow.

I bought two of the bags of soil at the same price last year and it was full of sticks. I actually had to sift it to fill my seed starter trays properly. The Scotts "soil" was even worse. Apparently these guys make their soil from large piles of wood chips that they let rot down for several months.

rapped!!

Skipping 33 Messages...
Gardening chores again...more work....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014