Universal remote control features:
Dedicated search and Netflix buttons
Integrated motion sensor
Built-in microphone
2-in-1 directional and touch pad
QWERTY keyboard
Downloadable app lets mobile devices act as remote controls
Weight: 18.4lb.
Dimensions: 4.92" (L) x 4.92" (W) x 4.92" (H)
One-year warranty from ASUS
Condition: new

Groupon
Need a Groupon coupon that earns 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

asus cube v2 w/google tv
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Asus
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If only...if only...they would add a DVR to this, it would be perfect.  Anyone have any experience with this?  I'm intrigued.  My chromecast is way too glitchy, but that's probably more a product of the fact that only DSL is available out in the boonies where I live.

I would imagine this would be just as "glitchy" as your Chromecast with a DSL connection.

18.4lbs? Lol I'm sure it's a misprint.

aadam101 said:   I would imagine this would be just as "glitchy" as your Chromecast with a DSL connection.
  care to explain,  DSL is good for almost everything you stream in todays market.
I have a 6mb dsl and never have any issues, ~Chromecast could be blamed.
I do not have it, but the Roku 3 player and the lg tv have no issues steaming hd content from Netflix.

A newer version of this can be purchased for $58 on Amazon with free shipping. The reviews aren't so great though.
http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-CUBE-V2-Google-TV/dp/B00EDTR7BO/ref=d...

itsme13 said:   
 aadam101 said:   I would imagine this would be just as "glitchy" as your Chromecast with a DSL connection.
  care to explain,  DSL is good for almost everything you stream in todays market.
I do not have it, but the Roku 3 player and the lg tv have no issues steaming hd content from Netflix.

You are right on the edge as far as adequate bandwidth goes for high quality streams, so other use might be degrading performance.  Also, Chrome cast is wifi (unlike some versions of Roku) and wifi performance can vary from device to device quite widely.

Netflix, for example, recommends 7Mb/s for 1080 streams.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/netflix-offers-super-h...

At this point, Google TV is a dead end.

itsme13 said:    aadam101 said:   I would imagine this would be just as "glitchy" as your Chromecast with a DSL connection.

My dsl is only 1-3mb, so yes, any streaming is glitchy no matter the device.

jweict said:   A newer version of this can be purchased for $58 on Amazon with free shipping. The reviews aren't so great though.

that's $58 after rebates. and i don't like rebates.

and i'm not sure how you determined that it's a newer version. i posted v2, and you linked to v2. i guess i'll trust you on that

morecowbell said:   
jweict said:   A newer version of this can be purchased for $58 on Amazon with free shipping. The reviews aren't so great though.

that's $58 after rebates. and i don't like rebates.

and i'm not sure how you determined that it's a newer version. i posted v2, and you linked to v2. i guess i'll trust you on that

A quick googling says this might be a software-updated version with no difference in hardware... just "V2"ed for SKU purposes.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014