• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

ASUS Cube with Google TV Deal of the Day | Groupon
Disclaimer
ASUS Cube w/ Google TV (Version 2) - $29.99 - $20.00 Rebate with Free Shipping at Groupon. Deal Expires 4/30. 

• DLNA support and streaming of Android apps
  • Google Play
  • Amazon Instant Video and Netflix 
  • 50GB of ASUS WebStorage and remote with voice-search
  • Integrated motion sensor
  • Touch pad
  • Keyboard 
  • Version 2 is confirmed in the cart

This topic was recently covered here before rebate. 

Groupon
Need a Groupon coupon that earns 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

asus cube
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Download the Groupon app for Android and you can get a $10 credit on your first Groupon over $30, bringing this into the... (more)

OctaneZ (Apr. 08, 2014 @ 7:38p) |

Nice. Just created a new account and see the $10 credit. Now to decide if this thing is worth $20, lol.

coolbreeze (Apr. 08, 2014 @ 9:50p) |

thanks

gaore (Apr. 08, 2014 @ 10:01p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Asus
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

So......I know there are tons of bad reviews on this but perhaps its worth the gamble at this price? Any thoughts?

It has the same guts and software as my Sony ns7 Google TV (gen2) which I love.

Having said that, I have an Amazon fire tv waiting for me so we see which will win out.

Google TV has so much potential, but with oems and Google both pretty much abandoning it, who knows what will happen.

Honestly it is like a Roku with more features and power, but not as simple to use.

gossipninja said:   It has the same guts and software as my Sony ns7 Google TV (gen2) which I love.

Having said that, I have an Amazon fire tv waiting for me so we see which will win out.

Google TV has so much potential, but with oems and Google both pretty much abandoning it, who knows what will happen.

Honestly it is like a Roku with more features and power, but not as simple to use.

Agree , this is an End of life product , Google is going forward with Chromecast .

Holguinero said:   
gossipninja said:   It has the same guts and software as my Sony ns7 Google TV (gen2) which I love.

Agree , this is an End of life product , Google is going forward with Chromecast .

that's like saying that android phones are end of life because google is going forward with nexus

google TV isn't the only part of this appliance  

18lbs?

denblagoi said:   18lbs?
  18.4lbs to be exact.  that's too heavy for a 5x5x5 cube.

not sure to jump on this deal or keep using my Roku 2 XD !!

any suggestions ???

Pizzero said:   not sure to jump on this deal or keep using my Roku 2 XD !!

any suggestions ???

Go Roku. The new streaming stick is pretty nice. Much better support from developers = more apps.

morecowbell said:   
Holguinero said:   

that's like saying that android phones are end of life because google is going forward with nexus

google TV isn't the only part of this appliance  

looks like a few decided to red me for this. having worked for a manufacturer, i actually know what "end of life" means. i guess not all of us do  

If I bought it it would probably join the Sony video player I bought a number of years and streams video from the inserted thumb drive, and that Sony Minidisc recorder/player I bought 20 years ago.  At least They're easy to store, since they're still in the original boxes.

in for 1, will run plex and netflix. thats all i need.

thanks op!

junk

Nice Universal Remote and it has Built in Mic.
GoogleTV FTW!
F&%K Chromecast.

Android TV is coming out soon, to replace Google TV

Thanks in for 1

The only negative about this is no WiFi.

xpMan said:   The only negative about this is no WiFi.
  •Wireless technology: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n

robby69 said:     •Wireless technology: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n

Thanks! Didn't see the link to the full list. They should put this up front.

I had the Logitech Revue google TV box.Bad experience! NO software updates at all and they stopped supporting it.This ASUS is an end of life product and will probably meet the same fate as Revue. No Wonder this cubical paper wt is so cheap!!

The best thing about the Revue is the keyboard it came with.. Just buy a Logitech Unifying Receiver and there ya go.

Will the ASUS cube work with Logitech REvue keyboard if I use a Unifying receiver on ASUS cube usb port?

I bought a Hisense Pulse recently, another Google TV box which has a remote with keyboard like this ASUS Cube. It is very much like the ASUS Cube, in fact. It led me to appreciate 1) The Logitech Revue's ability to remap keyboard keys to different (especially DVR) keys, and 2) the strong IR-relay capability of the Revue. The Hisense Pulse has to use an IR blaster, and I suspect the Cube will too. I am unable to control my Vizio soundbar through the Hisense Pulse, or to create PowerOn/Off buttons for the Tivo and Vizio soundbar. The Hisense Pulse did support the Logitech K400 keyboard with a Unifying dongle, but still lacked the software to allow key remapping, etc.

So, the Revue sucked in some ways, in other ways it excelled. I wish they hadn't terminated it.

thx I'll play with one at this price. $3 back on fat wallet now rebate soon so it works out to just over $30

Holguinero said:   

From Engadget review: “Inside, the Cube shares the same Marvell Armada 1500 chipset as its more recent Google TV competitors. Although there's technically 4GB of flash storage, only 2GB are actually available for use.”
From Tomshardware:  “Marvell Reveals Chromecast Uses Armada 1500-Mini.  Images taken during FCC testing revealed the 88DE3005 "Armada" chip that was presumably a single-core version of Marvell's Armada 1500, aka the 88DE3100.  Now we know the actual name of Marvell's solution:  the Armada 1500-Mini.”
I've not tried either device, but the Cube's 2GB memory seems tiny, and Chromecast only has half of the Cube's processor.

Download the Groupon app for Android and you can get a $10 credit on your first Groupon over $30, bringing this into the $20 range after rebate! $22.48 for me in Mass.

OctaneZ said:   https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.groupon and you can get a $10 credit on your first Groupon over $30, bringing this into the $20 range after rebate! $22.48 for me in Mass.
  Nice. Just created a new account and see the $10 credit. Now to decide if this thing is worth $20, lol.

thanks

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014