QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

ASUS Cube w/ Google TV (Version 2) - $29.99 AR w/ FS at Groupon Deal Expires 4/30

First page
1 of 3
jskins
4/4/14 2:06 PM
STAFF POST
ASUS Cube w/ Google TV (Version 2) - $29.99 - $20.00 Rebate with Free Shipping at Groupon. Deal Expires 4/30. 

• DLNA support and streaming of Android apps
  • Google Play
  • Amazon Instant Video and Netflix 
  • 50GB of ASUS WebStorage and remote with voice-search
  • Integrated motion sensor
  • Touch pad
  • Keyboard 
  • Version 2 is confirmed in the cart

This topic was recently covered here before rebate. 
WikiPost
4/4/14 2:06 PM
asus cube [ image/jpeg - 97.34kB ]
jesoon
4/4/14 2:38 PM
So......I know there are tons of bad reviews on this but perhaps its worth the gamble at this price? Any thoughts?
gossipninja
4/4/14 4:11 PM
It has the same guts and software as my Sony ns7 Google TV (gen2) which I love.

Having said that, I have an Amazon fire tv waiting for me so we see which will win out.

Google TV has so much potential, but with oems and Google both pretty much abandoning it, who knows what will happen.

Honestly it is like a Roku with more features and power, but not as simple to use.
Holguinero
4/4/14 5:56 PM
gossipninja said:   

Having said that, I have an Amazon fire tv waiting for me so we see which will win out.

Google TV has so much potential, but with oems and Google both pretty much abandoning it, who knows what will happen.

Honestly it is like a Roku with more features and power, but not as simple to use.

Agree , this is an End of life product , Google is going forward with Chromecast .

morecowbell
4/4/14 6:18 PM
Holguinero said:   

gossipninja said:   

Agree , this is an End of life product , Google is going forward with Chromecast .

that's like saying that android phones are end of life because google is going forward with nexus

google TV isn't the only part of this appliance  
denblagoi
4/4/14 6:47 PM
18lbs?
linrick
4/4/14 7:10 PM
denblagoi said:   

18lbs?

18.4lbs to be exact.  that's too heavy for a 5x5x5 cube.
Pizzero
4/4/14 9:23 PM
not sure to jump on this deal or keep using my Roku 2 XD !!

any suggestions ???
importcf
4/4/14 11:11 PM
Pizzero said:   

not sure to jump on this deal or keep using my Roku 2 XD !!

any suggestions ???

Go Roku. The new streaming stick is pretty nice. Much better support from developers = more apps.
First page
1 of 3
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.