• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Since GoDaddy has basically put the screws to their loyal customer base by eliminating nearly all renewal coupons, I'm slowly moving all of my domains away from them so this deal came along at just the right time. Namecheap is consistently named as a top rated registrar.  The only thing I'm not clear on is how many domains they will allow you to transfer.

https://www.namecheap.com/

From their website:
" Namecheap believes in caring for the planet. So we invite you to join us April 22 for Earth Day – we’ll offer two great deals, and your purchases will help support worldwide environmental efforts. The deals: Just $5.98 gets you a one-year transfer for your .com/.net/.biz/.org/.info domain, and shared hosting packages will be available at 60% off. Some restrictions apply, of course. For every transfer and hosting package sold, we’ll donate $1 to The Nature Conservancy (nature.org) or Water4 (water4.org) – you choose which charity. Thank you for being part of this important effort. See you on the 22nd!"

Member Summary

namecheap
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

can i ask who are the other top registrars?  
also, anyone know how the transfer process is when you sell your domain.  GoDaddy is simple.  i am dragging my feet because i want a simple process to transfer when i sell a domain.  let's say i buy a domain w/ GoDaddy, i can transfer within GoDaddy to another person but have to wait to transfer out.  is this the same for Namecheap.  

sorry for so many questions, but i'm considering trying Namecheap just need to make sure it fits my needs.  thank you.

Wow, this is great! Namecheap is one of the domain hosting sites in my list. I'll check their site now.

pecanpie said:   can i ask who are the other top registrars?  
also, anyone know how the transfer process is when you sell your domain.  GoDaddy is simple.  i am dragging my feet because i want a simple process to transfer when i sell a domain.  let's say i buy a domain w/ GoDaddy, i can transfer within GoDaddy to another person but have to wait to transfer out.  is this the same for Namecheap.  

sorry for so many questions, but i'm considering trying Namecheap just need to make sure it fits my needs.  thank you.

Namesilo is another one that has a very good reputation.

Namecheap has a marketplace for buying and selling domains which looks very simple and secure (I haven't used it though).  The rules sound similar to GoDaddy (easy to sell to someone with a Namecheap account and have to transfer out if not).  You can read more here:

https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/category.aspx/15...

Just transferred a domain from GoDaddy last week to Namecheap because, one, I saw this which I think sucks, Godaddy's CEO kills elephant  and, two, no GoDaddy coupon would work to discount my renewal.

The transfer process was not hard but a lot of steps. Namecheap has a KB article with steps for a GoDaddy transfer. Definitely use it or you will probably not be successful because of the number of steps and order required.

link 

My question is, How much are renewals at Namecheap? they seem to always be full price.

Namesilo has free WHOIS privacy and small bulk discounts too.

FrugalFreak said:   

link 

My question is, How much are renewals at Namecheap? they seem to always be full price.

Same question here. Every time I shop around for a GoDaddy alternative, Namecheap doesn't impress me with their prices, and I don't see any coupons to use. While the transfer deal sounds good, it seems like I'd be back in the same boat.

Yeah but a year from now you can shop around again.

BTW one of the footnotes somewhere says a limit of 10 domains. When I tried to transfer 10, only 7 were accepted and 3 failed because "I'd used a similar coupon". Not sure what they're talking about, and LiveChat is very slow tonight (no surprise).

=aw

...and apparently it was because I recommended Namecheap to a friend who used my computer to transfer their domains, completed unrelated to me. Because they requests came from the same IP address, Namecheap flagged it as duplicate accounts.

=aw

Ended at midnight EST.

ottawa said:   Yeah but a year from now you can shop around again.

=aw

I have too many domains to keep up with to be messing around year to year.  I want to stick with one registrar.

chrispitude said:   
FrugalFreak said:   

link 

Same question here. Every time I shop around for a GoDaddy alternative, Namecheap doesn't impress me with their prices, and I don't see any coupons to use. While the transfer deal sounds good, it seems like I'd be back in the same boat.

I really like www.internetbs.net.They offer domain privacy for free and their prices have remained pretty competitive. One downside is the international currency required, since they are located in the Bahamas, but I can use Paypal from my checking account to avoid extra fees.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014