• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »

FREE ship.........................wat8gr8d2

Ads by Google
rated:
Thanks OP this is just what the wife was looking for to decorate the backyard garden.

rated:
​Zone finder by zip code The Lupines are perennials for zones 3-7, according to Tulip World.

rated:
in for 2 tx.

rated:
Thanks, Calculatorbobby and good witch Lilith, I'm in for this and some other goodies on sale. I'll probably be cursing you in my head a week or two from now when I am once again faced with my overzealous gardening shopping results. So easy to order, such great prices, and so much tougher than it even seems it will be when planting time arrives. Maybe I can retrain my dog to dig on command and have the lupines tucked in in not time, but I'm not counting on that. Seriously, though, good find and thanks for sharing.

rated:
Nice discount! Thanx.

rated:
oneabc said:   I'm in!
  Okay Fogel

rated:
They don't offer any type of Free Shipping but I guess $3.95 is not too bad.

rated:
$3.95 covers no matter what you buy.

rated:
Thanks OP!

rated:
About $15 for 10 of these?  Isn't that expensive?  I see bag of seeds (about 70 seeds) being sold for about $5.  You can probably find the seeds in your local Home Depot or Lowes store.

http://www.burpee.com/Perennials/Lupine/Lupine-Russell-Hybrid-Mi...

rated:
Also, signing up for their newsletter gets another 10% off

rated:
These are not seeds but what they call starter plants, look at the second image on TulipWorld lupine page. Basically it's where a seed will be after a few years. You can plant these now and will have a full plant this season.

rated:
How much depth would these plants require? I'm guessing the 4 'x 4' x 4 inch snap together planters I bought from Home.Depot would not offer enough depth unless stacked one on top of another. Or would a single 4 inch depth suffice?

EDIT: or maybe the planters are six inches deep

rated:
I like this. Thanks OP

rated:
According to TW site planting depth should be 1/2" down in soil and spacing should be 12-18" apart

rated:
calculatorbobby said:   According to TW site planting depth should be 1/2" down in soil and spacing should be 12-18" apart
  Thanks for the information, but what I'm trying to determine is if I transplant these starter plants to a container that is six inches deep, would that be deep enough to keep the plants healthy and growing.

rated:
I understand now, I don't think they would perform well in something so shallow, 6" probably is not enough room for the roots to develop. Looking at the roots in the TW second image, the plants themselves are almost 6" long! I would suggest at least a 12-16" deep pot.

rated:
Thanks, op! Snagged some. Also some other nice deals, including gladiolus value pack

Here’s all the value packs  

rated:
Thanks OP, I'm in for 40 plants... I can wait for them to grow, this is just what I was looking for. Thanks!

rated:
Thx andersonc, those glad value packs are nice deals too @ $3.58 for 25. They were selling 25 mixed glads at Lowes for $6.99

rated:
Good one. Our landscaping was wiped out late last summer in a flood. These will help fill in the areas nicely.

rated:
Great find OP!! I bought...sigh...entirely too much stuff!!! I am the local "crazy yard lady!!" lol

rated:
FREE shipping.......................wat8gr8d2

rated:
N41, thanks!

rated:
Nice, the code works - it is good for FS with $10 purchase. Now, do I order more? Decisions, decisions...

rated:
Very nice but unfortunately I'm too far south for these. Otherwise I'd definitely be in for some.

rated:
thanks OP. In for a few

rated:
Lupine are a wildflower in this area and I keep weeding them out of my garden. 
The flowers themselves range from 8" to 12" and the stalk is a couple of feet.

rated:
Are these only good for 1 season only? or they will grow again the next time around?

rated:
thienthan said:   Are these only good for 1 season only? or they will grow again the next time around?
  they are perennials

rated:
gbfromtenn said:   FREE shipping.......................wat8gr8d2
  That, good sir, is how you Fatwallet. Green!

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   
thienthan said:   Are these only good for 1 season only? or they will grow again the next time around?
  they are perennials

Depending on your zone.

On another note, Tulip World has a pretty good reputation...http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/1595/

rated:
I called them and they honored the FS code, I ordered before gbfromtenn posted the FS code.

rated:
calculatorbobby said:   These are not seeds but what they call starter plants, look at the second image on TulipWorld lupine page. Basically it's where a seed will be after a few years. You can plant these now and will have a full plant this season.
  noob question but is there a way to tell if other plants sold on this site are a developed starter plant or just the bulb?  I ask because I have had zero success with bulbs that had just a small sprout coming out in my yard

rated:
It's a mix of bulb and starter plants they sell. I would call them or chat with them if your not sure, it's my understanding that most items listed as Perennial are plant starts and not a bulb.

rated:
I hate you Fatwallet! Blow $100 on plants today.

rated:
Thanks a lot! In for 1.

rated:
Just got an email from them today since I purchased these lupine last week--looks like they have a whole slew of perennials on sale for 75% off ----a lot of things that are under $3.00, guess I may have to indulge a little more today...my husband may not be happy about all the digging he will be doing his May

http://www.tulipworld.com/itemrelations.asp?group=4&choice=98 here is the link

rated:
Went to purchase more and TW has dropped the price 80% off from $10.74 last week to $8.59

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014