Only $59.99 for Nokia Lumia 521 @ Newegg

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Only $59.99 for Nokia Lumia 521 4" T-Mobile Prepaid Smartphone (Win8 OS) @ Newegg.com

Only $59.99  = $89.99 - $30 OFF Coupon + FREE S&H + Sale Tax(Tax in CA, NJ, TN) 
Coupon Code: "CEWK1068" (Exp 4/26).

Nokia Lumia 521 4" T-Mobile PrePaid Smartphone | Item#: N82E16875205364 
- Features a dual-core 1Ghz Snapdragon processor
- 512MB RAM
- 4" 800x400 IPS display
- 8GB built-in storage w/MicroSD expansion
- 5MP camera
- 1430mAh battery
- Windows Mobile OS 8

Member Summary

Lumia 521
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Was $10 cheaper last week at Best Buy, but still a great deal as an iPod killer. You can add up to a 64GB micro SD card.

Does anyone know if this phone can be flashed to use android rom?

eddot98 said:   Was $10 cheaper last week at Best Buy, but still a great deal as an iPod killer. You can add up to a 64GB micro SD card.
  That was the 520 http://www.fatwallet.com/Best-Buy-coupons/nokia-lumia-520-gophon...

voonli24 said:   Does anyone know if this phone can be flashed to use android rom?
Lol just like how I can flash my Android to run a Windows phone eh

AzianFleeMarket said:   
voonli24 said:   Does anyone know if this phone can be flashed to use android rom?

Just like how I could flash my HP Touchpad to run Android?  Oh -- maybe not such a silly question, eh?

SelfGovern said:   
AzianFleeMarket said:   

Just like how I could flash my HP Touchpad to run Android?  Oh -- maybe not such a silly question, eh?

You mean like I can flash my Nexus 4 to run iOS!

Always like Nokia!

DovleK said:   
SelfGovern said:   
AzianFleeMarket said:   

You mean like I can flash my Nexus 4 to run iOS!

Googled about this last night, its not possible yet. 

Is this an unlocked phone?

It is unlocked, but you cannot use it with Sprint or Verizon.

*Update*
Sorry guys! Looks like its "Unlockable" and not "Unlocked"
http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1588

DizzyT71 said:   It is unlocked, but you cannot use it with Sprint or Verizon.
  No. It's locked to TMO and you need to either refill  $100 (prepaid plans) or wait for 40 days (postpaid or Simple Choice plans) to get it unlocked.
  You "could" also wait for 12 months with the prepaid plan to unlock without adding  $100 but I doubt anyone has that kind of patience...
  Limit two unlock codes per account per year.. I was thinking about buying it as a gift to upgrade my mom's Nokia 710.
  However, I hardly see much improvement (since my mom uses very few apps) over 710.    I got my mom a Nokia 925 instead for the nicer camera and front cam.

milkandcookies said:   
eddot98 said:   Was $10 cheaper last week at Best Buy, but still a great deal as an iPod killer. You can add up to a 64GB micro SD card.
  That was the 520 http://www.fatwallet.com/Best-Buy-coupons/nokia-lumia-520-gophon...

Yes, you got me, I was incorrect.  But I believe that the same goes for this model as an iPod killer.  My 520 works great that way.

If this phone ran Android it would be ungodly slow. It is popular because it has 4g, is cheap, has a great camera and Windows Phone runs very efficiently.

I am currently with TMob plan but no contract. My current phone is 2 years old.
Can I use this phone without issue? Just buy it and change the SIM from my current phone?
Or I have to wait and buy prepaid card?

Sorry if this has been answered before.

Picked up the 520 last week for the $49.99 and am very happy with it thus far. I've been an android user for several years, was in need of a new phone, and thought for $50, I'd give windows phone a shot. Despite its somewhat measly specs, it runs everything very fluidly and it has been working flawlessly. There are several Youtube videos that demonstrate the features of Windows phone, and a demo of the soon-to-be released 8.1 update. It's pretty impressive for a $50-$60 phone. Also, my 520 is "locked" to ATT, but I inserted my Straight Talk sim (ATT network) and it fired right up. I did change a few APN settings to sync everything with Straight Talk, but that was very easy. I don't know if I'll still be happy with this phone in a year or two, but at this price, who cares?

itsme3112 said:   I am currently with TMob plan but no contract. My current phone is 2 years old.
Can I use this phone without issue? Just buy it and change the SIM from my current phone?
Or I have to wait and buy prepaid card?

Sorry if this has been answered before.

Yes. you can buy it and simply put your existing SIM in.  You do not need to activate the prepaid SIM card even if it ships with one.
  Note this phone uses a micro-SIM.  If your SIM size does not match you may need to activate a new micro-SIM card. (can be done online for postpaid plans)
  Not sure if the phone ships with one but TMO frequently has $0.99 sales.   Corporate stores normally should give you one for free if you are changing phones. But you may want to call in advance to be sure.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014