• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
http://weeklyad.staples.com/StaplesSD/WeeklyAd?storeid=2278623#!... 

PAGE 1

Save $22 on a 5-ream caseStaples® 8.5" x 11" copy paper, 5-ream case=26px$=inherit4=26px99=inheritafter easy rebate $26.99 - $22 easy rebate = $4.99

In store only. Limit 4 rebates per household.

Item: 990176
Model: 23479-US

• 20 lb.
  • 92 US / 104 Euro Bright
  • Letter Size: 8 1/2" x 11"
  • Ideal for toner-based copiers, plain-paper fax machines,and printers
  • Reliable copy paper perfect for everyday use, recommended for black and white copiers
  • Acid free, archive safe - won't yellow or crumble over time

Crayola® washable markers, assorted, 8/pack - broadFREE after easy rebate 

IN STORE ONLY LIMIT 1 REBATE PER SKU

Item: 352369
Model: 587808

• Water-based and clean up with ease
  • AP certified nontoxic
  • Available in broad and fine line
  • Exclusive ventilated caps pass small parts safety test and have openings that prevent asphyxiaton

Save $3Staples® 8.5" x 11" multipurpose paper, 500 sheets/ream=26px$=inherit3=26px99=inheritafter easy rebate $7.79 - $3.80 easy rebate = $3.99

LIMIT 4 Rebates, free ac/er coupon hopefully out Sunday at www.staples.com/coupons 

Item: 513099
Model: 513099-WH

• 20 lb.
  • 96 US / 109 Euro Bright
  • Bright white paper provides better contrast
  • Works great in your laser or inkjet printer
  • Acid free - will not yellow or crumble over time
  • Staples Brand 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed

In store only.
Limit 4 rebates per household.

More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

staples (290.38kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Yeah they didn't even scan it. They just manually entered it as a manufacturer coupon

gd78 (Apr. 30, 2014 @ 2:08a) |

I also figured out why they're hemorrhaging money.  I chatted with them about the paper damage and they insisted on me r... (more)

labboypro (Apr. 30, 2014 @ 11:55a) |

I think you will lose the rebate once item is returned. Best to buy new paper in store and return the damaged paper. You... (more)

brusbrother (Apr. 30, 2014 @ 12:06p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Mr. C,
Can you fix formatting, as it is a little difficult to figure if the crayola is limit 4 or limit 1

rated:
dazviking said:   Mr. C,
Can you fix formatting, as it is a little difficult to figure if the crayola is limit 4 or limit 1

done!

rated:
Excellent 5reams are back, few teachers are gonna love me come Aug with all the markers I am gonna have too.

rated:
Get a $20 Staples® Gift Card after easy rebate when you buy $300 in Master Cards

rated:
My local public school has stopped accepting my paper donations. They probably think I'm stealing them off a truck with the amount of paper Staples "gives" me.

rated:
Crayola is a MM with the 20% off Q.

rated:
1brooklyn1 said:   Crayola is a MM with the 20% off Q.
  and a little more w/ $1.00/1  Crayola Broad Line Or Fine Line Markers, Any - 04-06-14 RP 

rated:
Note that while the ad shows a single SKU for the Crayola markers, the wording says it's valid on both and one per SKU, so you can get both (as was the case last time).

rated:
nahata22 said:   Get a $20 Staples® Gift Card after easy rebate when you buy $300 in Master Cards
Excellent time to convert those Staples Visa Rebate store cards. They are problematic when trying to use on phone orders. Only net $7 after two transaction fees (200 and 100 card) but lighten my wallet of all those plastic cards being stored. Oh and yeah net $7 is still $7 in my wallet!
Thanks for the heads up!

rated:
brusbrother said:   
nahata22 said:   Get a $20 Staples® Gift Card after easy rebate when you buy $300 in Master Cards
Excellent time to convert those Staples Visa Rebate store cards. They are problematic when trying to use on phone orders. Only net $7 after two transaction fees (200 and 100 card) but lighten my wallet of all those plastic cards being stored. Oh and yeah net $7 is still $7 in my wallet!
Thanks for the heads up!

Last week I tried using my SER Visa cards to buy the $300 Visa but the register wouldnt accept it (was hoping to unwind a few of them). Manager came in and called the number on the back and manually processed one card and said I cannot buy Visa GC with the SER cards. I had to use my regular CC to pay for the rest. Is this the norm or was something unusual going on?
I am hoping the $300 Visa will be accepted for buying the $300 MC.

rated:
fwuser12 said:   
brusbrother said:   
Thanks for the heads up!

Last week I tried using my SER Visa cards to buy the $300 Visa but the register wouldnt accept it (was hoping to unwind a few of them). Manager came in and called the number on the back and manually processed one card and said I cannot buy Visa GC with the SER cards. I had to use my regular CC to pay for the rest. Is this the norm or was something unusual going on?

Something unusual was going on.  I've used > 20 Staples visa rebate gift cards to buy the MC and VC gc in the past few weeks.  Have used 10 for a single $300 purchase.
No issues at all.
Maybe cashier didn't know how to enter them?  I tell cashier how much is on each card as I hand it to them.  They have to key the amount in.

rated:
fwuser12 said:   
brusbrother said:   
Thanks for the heads up!

Same issue.  System wouldn't take the prepaid/rebate visa card.

rated:
lakefan said:   Same issue.  System wouldn't take the prepaid/rebate visa card.
About 50% of the cashiers and managers I run into don't know to put in the value of the card before swiping it. If they fail to do the preauthorization step, the computer will attempt to authorize the card at the full amount due (it has no idea how much money is actually on the card) and decline it.

Cashiers are rarely if ever trained on how to process this.

rated:
squinky86 said:   
lakefan said:   Same issue.  System wouldn't take the prepaid/rebate visa card.
About 50% of the cashiers and managers I run into don't know to put in the value of the card before swiping it. If they fail to do the preauthorization step, the computer will attempt to authorize the card at the full amount due (it has no idea how much money is actually on the card) and decline it.

Cashiers are rarely if ever trained on how to process this.

Squinky is right, the system is trying to charge the full balance to say, a $50 Visa Rebate card, It gets declined, cause the card can not cover the full amount. You MUST FIRST tell the cashier you are doing "split payments" and specify the amounts on each card you want them to put into the system. If you put $50 against a $50 card, you will be fine. Remember DO CREDIT and NOT DEBIT even though some say "DEBIT" on the front of the card.

rated:
I understand the part about the prepaid card balance being less than the purchase amount. I did not tell the cashier initially but once it was declined, let him know. However, I doubt if the cashier did anything about it. I have had no such problem doing a regular (non GC) purchase with the a prepaid card where the card balance is less than the full purchase amount. The system has always charged the prepaid card in full and then prompts for the balance.

rated:
MC, Squinky and the guy with all them coons are correct. For these gift card deals, the cashier needs to plug in the amount for each card if there is less on the card than the amount due. I've had the same issue at stores other than Staples when trying to use the cards. "I'm sorry sir, your card has been declined and is requesting alternate method of payment"
Using the card at Staples for ordinary purchases isn't an issue in this regard though since it will take whatever is on the card and then advise you of the balance due.
I wonder how many people who have been told that the "card has been declined" assume that they've used the card up and simply pitch it in the trash... easy buck made for the East Rebate system. There oughta be a law!

rated:
fwuser12 said:   I understand the part about the prepaid card balance being less than the purchase amount. I did not tell the cashier initially but once it was declined, let him know. However, I doubt if the cashier did anything about it. I have had no such problem doing a regular (non GC) purchase with the a prepaid card where the card balance is less than the full purchase amount. The system has always charged the prepaid card in full and then prompts for the balance.
I agree that you should not need to have the cashier enter the amount left on the card before putting the charge thru, the system should allow the amount left on the card to work and tell you what you owe. In your case, did you check the card activity on the SER website when you got home to see what why it was declined?

rated:
billrubin said:   
I agree that you should not need to have the cashier enter the amount left on the card before putting the charge thru, the system should allow the amount left on the card to work and tell you what you owe. In your case, did you check the card activity on the SER website when you got home to see what why it was declined?

The Staples POS system actually does do this, but it requires some magic button.  I had a lengthy discussion with my coupon-friendly GM about this only a couple of weeks ago.  He asked why I never burn the SER prepaids as payment in store.  I told him it was because it's always such a hassle to make sure the face value is keyed in in advance.  He said it isn't required, and proceeded to show me exactly that.  I was buying something > $32, and so I gave him one of the $32 SER prepaids, and he just swiped it in after clicking a single button (which was definitely NOT entering in the $32 value).  It worked fine, and the register sat waiting for me to tender the remaining balance.  Of course, he made very clear that this only works at Staples (of course... and we all know the problem with swiping elsewhere without defining the face value up front).  I was pleasantly surprised... but this clearly means that the prepaid cc's are somehow tied into the Staples system.

rated:
It works at In & out burger too not sure how or why but the cashier told me the balance the other day after I made a purchase

rated:
I am looking at the ad from this week saying buy 2 bounty or Charmin and get $5 SER and the 25% off break room from next week. So what are the chances the 25% will work Saturday taking it to $15 and $5 SER net $10?

rated:
bobluciano said:   I am looking at the ad from this week saying buy 2 bounty or Charmin and get $5 SER and the 25% off break room from next week. So what are the chances the 25% will work Saturday taking it to $15 and $5 SER net $10?
  Chances are good.  Already worked Friday.

rated:
labboypro said:   
billrubin said:   

The Staples POS system actually does do this, but it requires some magic button.  I had a lengthy discussion with my coupon-friendly GM about this only a couple of weeks ago.  He asked why I never burn the SER prepaids as payment in store.  I told him it was because it's always such a hassle to make sure the face value is keyed in in advance.  He said it isn't required, and proceeded to show me exactly that.  I was buying something > $32, and so I gave him one of the $32 SER prepaids, and he just swiped it in after clicking a single button (which was definitely NOT entering in the $32 value).  It worked fine, and the register sat waiting for me to tender the remaining balance.  Of course, he made very clear that this only works at Staples (of course... and we all know the problem with swiping elsewhere without defining the face value up front).  I was pleasantly surprised... but this clearly means that the prepaid cc's are somehow tied into the Staples system.

I believe it will work the same way on any prepaid card.  The POS system doesn't know an SER prepaid from any other one.

BTW, the POS system at World Market also works this way, and I have found it to be a good place to use up a bunch of low balance prepaids.

rated:
billrubin said:   
fwuser12 said:   I understand the part about the prepaid card balance being less than the purchase amount. I did not tell the cashier initially but once it was declined, let him know. However, I doubt if the cashier did anything about it. I have had no such problem doing a regular (non GC) purchase with the a prepaid card where the card balance is less than the full purchase amount. The system has always charged the prepaid card in full and then prompts for the balance.

Good question. I am unable to locate the card now. I usually take the card back from the cashier (even if it is fully exhausted of funds) but I dont remember explicitly if the cashier/manager took it.

rated:
How much are Crayola® washable markers, assorted, 8/pack FAER?

I plan to buy 4 ream paper + 2 Crayola using FREE paper & 20%off Q and using my $20 expiring reward.

rated:
zmaster said:   How much are Crayola® washable markers, assorted, 8/pack FAER?

I plan to buy 4 ream paper + 2 Crayola using FREE paper & 20%off Q and using my $20 expiring reward.

$4-$5 depending on store. Was $4.49 at my store.

rated:
I am guessing most here have seen that FAR multipaper is available today online with free shipping. Rebate limit is 2 for online and from what I have read 4 in store, so I have to ask can you do 4 and 2? Is the online

rated:
bobluciano said:   I am guessing most here have seen that FAR multipaper is available today online with free shipping. Rebate limit is 2 for online and from what I have read 4 in store, so I have to ask can you do 4 and 2? Is the online

Maybe best to keep that topic in that thread... see QS.

rated:
which one? I saw this on SDs

rated:
Kalanchoe said:   
bobluciano said:   I am looking at the ad from this week saying buy 2 bounty or Charmin and get $5 SER and the 25% off break room from next week. So what are the chances the 25% will work Saturday taking it to $15 and $5 SER net $10?

It worked today BUT rebate didn't print out. Anyone have the rebate #?

rated:
brusbrother said:   
Kalanchoe said:   

did you get the right items? it was specific SKU's as shown in the ad, NOT ANY Bounty/Charmin.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   
1brooklyn1 said:   Crayola is a MM with the 20% off Q.
  and a little more w/ $1.00/1  Crayola Broad Line Or Fine Line Markers, Any - 04-06-14 RP 

I don't have that, but here's a link for $1 off $5 Crayola purchase. You can certainly use one, and a cashier might be nice and let you use two if they're priced at $4.99 each.

http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?bt=vg&tqnm=vdhbbmt24177218&o...

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
brusbrother said:   
Kalanchoe said:   

did you get the right items? it was specific SKU's as shown in the ad, NOT ANY Bounty/Charmin.

woops!

rated:
New coupons are up:
25% rewards back, storewide with many exclusions
FAER ream
$2 AER 5-ream case

rated:
c3 said:   New coupons are up:
FAER ream
$2 AER 5-ream case

Yes, it's just turned into a great week at Staples. I posted the 25% Rewards in a new thread

Exclusions are the usual ones but paper is not one of them Since the half case is a limit of 4, you can do 2 transactions of 2 and use a 10/50 for each to make them better than free to begin with, and then 25% back on top of that. Probably pays to buy the reams as well with the 25% back.

rated:
This may be a no no to ask, but where can we generate 10/50s? Only eBay? Also, I read something about accounts getting blacklisted if you use multiple 10/50s that have similar codes in the same week. Guidance?

rated:
billrubin said:   
FAER ream
$2 AER 5-ream case

Yes, it's just turned into a great week at Staples. I posted the 25% Rewards in a new thread
Exclusions are the usual ones but paper is not one of them Since the half case is a limit of 4, you can do 2 transactions of 2 and use a 10/50 for each to make them better than free to begin with, and then 25% back on top of that. Probably pays to buy the reams as well with the 25% back.

so, this scenario is possible?

1 thick crayola marker
1 think crayola marker
1 20% off coupon
4 reams
4 coupons for reasm
4 5 packs
4 coupons for $2AC/EZR for 5pks
1 25% rewards coupon
+ any rewards for conversion to $$?

(no 10/50 here for me, so i don't take the coupon into account)

would a person be able to use rewards and use the coupon for 25% back in rewards on the same transaction and get a good amount? (i forgot how they calculate the rewards after the rewards coupons)

rated:
VivYip said:   
billrubin said:   
FAER ream
$2 AER 5-ream case

so, this scenario is possible?

1 thick crayola marker
1 think crayola marker
1 20% off coupon
4 reams
4 coupons for reasm
4 5 packs
4 coupons for $2AC/EZR for 5pks
1 25% rewards coupon
+ any rewards for conversion to $$?

(no 10/50 here for me, so i don't take the coupon into account)

would a person be able to use rewards and use the coupon for 25% back in rewards on the same transaction and get a good amount? (i forgot how they calculate the rewards after the rewards coupons)

Hi Viv,

If your net total after all the coupons is say $100 and you use a $40 ink recycle rewards check against that, you'll earn 25% back on $60, not $100. 

rated:
Two questions:

1) Where did you get 10/50 coupon? Is it the newsletter sign-up? I only had a 10/75 in my coupon wallet.

2) I purchased an item online yesterday using the remainder of my Staple Rewards (this is when they print you out a coupon on the receipt with the leftover rewards.) If I return the item, will I get the Staple Rewards amount returned or will I lose it?

Skipping 29 Messages...
rated:
labboypro said:   
labboypro said:   
I figured out how they get damaged reams... I received my 2x reams from this online only deal  today.  Next time, they ought to just throw the reams out of an airplane so they won't be so ravaged.

I also figured out why they're hemorrhaging money.  I chatted with them about the paper damage and they insisted on me returning it.  So, they paid $x.xx to send me the paper, then they're going to pay $x.xx to pick it up, all so they can throw it away because it's unusable through any printer device because of the huge kinks across the pages.  I suggested they refund me and I just throw the paper away but CSR wasn't having any of that logic.  I guess she didn't get that I was already going to get the paper FAR, and that all a refund would do is accelerate my money back since it would kill the rebate submission.  Obviously too confusing for her.

I think you will lose the rebate once item is returned. Best to buy new paper in store and return the damaged paper. You keep good paper, good rebate and sell or use as you need.
UPDATE:
I opened my UPS delivered paper today and while it wasn't damaged, the wrapper is not the same as the individual reams sold in store...
A considerate store manager might hear your plight and comp you a few reams in exchange. Worth a shot.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014