• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
There's a new coupon up at Staples.com for 25% in Rewards. They already had free Crayola markers and a 20% off your office supplies coupon, so it's an even better deal with the free Rewards. There's also a coupon to make the half cases $2 after rebate instead of $5, so that will be a money maker with the 25% Rewards (not to mention a $10/50 coupon).

Link to normal weekly thread

The Fine Print:
Valid in Staples® U.S. stores only. No limits per day or per member. Offer valid only for original recipient of this email as sent by Staples, and coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Not valid on prior purchases. Promotion is in lieu of standard Staples Rewards®. Maximum of one rewards promotion will be given for each item purchased. Price eligible for rewards is the amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons and rewards redemptions and does not include tax. Not valid on desktop or laptop computers, tablets, netbooks, Apple® products, Bose®products, Amazon Kindle®, Epson® ink and toner, HP ink and toner, custom printing orders placed online, gift cards, mobile phones and mobile phone services, Staples® EasyTech(sm) professional-grade and on-site services, depot repair and parts, phone cards or postage stamps. Must be a member of Staples Rewards. Staples Rewards membership is FREE. Staples Rewards are issued online monthly when the value of the reward is at least $10. Rewards expire no less than 60 days after issuance. Monthly balances of less than $10 will roll over each month until the minimum is met for that calendar quarter. If the $10 minimum for the quarter has not been met, the balance will expire at the end of the quarter. Limit one Staples Rewards account per person or at any mailing address. For full program details, visit StaplesRewards.com.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
same here

3c3 (May. 08, 2014 @ 3:18p) |

So without the 25% back it would have not be FAR for you then.

niniss (May. 09, 2014 @ 3:48a) |

Rewards are up and almost ready to print.

3c3 (May. 14, 2014 @ 1:31a) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm blanking on the answer to this question, but do B&M purchases with Staples Gift Cards qualify for the 25% back in rewards?

Hawk007 said:   I'm blanking on the answer to this question, but do B&M purchases with Staples Gift Cards qualify for the 25% back in rewards?
Yes. that should be fine. You will get Rewards on the amount after all Staples coupons, including Rewards. It doesn't matter how you pay for it, other than Rewards (since they are treated like coupons).

Here they are as they will more than likely be requested

bobluciano said:   Here they are as they will more than likely be requested
I didn't want to do that much of an overlap with the weekly thread. I figured the 25% Rewards coupon was worthy of its own thread.  But thanks for posting the rest of the coupons.

Useful for doing the $30 6 month ink purchase.

JamesTKirk said:   Useful for doing the $30 6 month ink purchase.
  Epson and HP ink and toner are excluded
 

drjofis said:   
JamesTKirk said:   Useful for doing the $30 6 month ink purchase.
  Epson and HP ink and toner are excluded

  He didn't specify what brand he needs.  If he needs Epson and HP, yes, but for example I need Lexmark so this will work for me

bobluciano said:   Here they are as they will more than likely be requested
  
Thanks for posting the coupons bobluciano.  The useful general ones, including the 25% rewards, are in-store only, and only the last few specific ones for chair mats and packaging supplies (useless to me) can be used online.  No stores near me, so I'm OOL. . . .again.  : (    Good deals for you in-store shoppers though.

1) Remember, these rewards will be paid out around May 10-12, they will be good for 90 days for most, I think 180 for Premier.

2) It will be ONE LARGE LUMP SUM CHECK so, if you spend $400 this week, you'll get back $100 in rewards and can only split that ONE TIME with a balance coupon. So plan accordingly, if you are looking to monetize this down the road. Best bet will be a larger $ free after rebate software that can eat up all or most of the check in question.

Been a while and I don't remember. Does the 25% back in rewards usually stack with other coupons? What about the 25% off breakroom and/or $10 off $50?
Other than the written exclusions (tablets, etc), anything else cause the rewards to not show up after the register accepts it?

Danzilla said:   Been a while and I don't remember. Does the 25% back in rewards usually stack with other coupons? What about the 25% off breakroom and/or $10 off $50?
Other than the written exclusions (tablets, etc), anything else cause the rewards to not show up after the register accepts it?

  

It will stack with any $ or % off coupon, it will not stack with any other rewards promotion, nor will you earn the base 5%, this is in lieu of that (so an extra 20% basically)

MISTERCHEAP said:   1) Remember, these rewards will be paid out around May 10-12, they will be good for 90 days for most, I think 180 for Premier.

2) It will be ONE LARGE LUMP SUM CHECK so, if you spend $400 this week, you'll get back $100 in rewards and can only split that ONE TIME with a balance coupon. So plan accordingly, if you are looking to monetize this down the road. Best bet will be a larger $ free after rebate software that can eat up all or most of the check in question.

Only for purchases thru April 30 will be paid mid May.  Coupon is valid thru May 3; purchases May 1 - 3 will be paid out mid June.

So, you can split multiple purchases across months to spread out the rewards.  If there are scarce items you want to buy, you can always buy them now (without coupons), and return/rebuy later this week with coupons. 

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   1) Remember, these rewards will be paid out around May 10-12, they will be good for 90 days for most, I think 180 for Premier.

2) It will be ONE LARGE LUMP SUM CHECK so, if you spend $400 this week, you'll get back $100 in rewards and can only split that ONE TIME with a balance coupon. So plan accordingly, if you are looking to monetize this down the road. Best bet will be a larger $ free after rebate software that can eat up all or most of the check in question.

Only for purchases thru April 30 will be paid mid May.  Coupon is valid thru May 3; purchases May 1 - 3 will be paid out mid June.

So, you can split multiple purchases across months to spread out the rewards.  If there are scarce items you want to buy, you can always buy them now (without coupons), and return/rebuy later this week with coupons. 

  

yes, excellent point NM, forgot about the calendar changing to May later in the week.

Does the 25% rewards coupon typically work with kiosk orders paid in the store?

bksavings said:   Does the 25% rewards coupon typically work with kiosk orders paid in the store?
  

Was just about to ask this....in the past they did, but I know they've made some changes to their system, so I am curious to make sure it is still working.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
bksavings said:   Does the 25% rewards coupon typically work with kiosk orders paid in the store?
  

Was just about to ask this....in the past they did, but I know they've made some changes to their system, so I am curious to make sure it is still working.

  I was also thinking about this last night after reading the thread.  Looking to purchase some kitchen appliance from Staples but its only available online.  Believe it or not, Staples has the best prices on certain stuffs, they even beat Bestbuy, Amazon, Newegg.     
Its not a must to get it now, but if the 25% works, will definitely do the kiosk order, otherwise, I'll wait for the 10-15% coupon.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
Danzilla said:   Been a while and I don't remember. Does the 25% back in rewards usually stack with other coupons? What about the 25% off breakroom and/or $10 off $50?
Other than the written exclusions (tablets, etc), anything else cause the rewards to not show up after the register accepts it?

  

It will stack with any $ or % off coupon, it will not stack with any other rewards promotion, nor will you earn the base 5%, this is in lieu of that (so an extra 20% basically)

  So just to be clear, we have for example the Keurig B145 for $99.99*
- $25 for 25% C&B coupon
- $25 gift card from SER
- $18.75 back in bonus rewards (25% of $75)
+ ~$6.37 (taxes on $75)
= ~$37.61? 

Updated to remove 10 off 50 as it's not working with 25% back in rewards
*Also, seem the K145 is available online for $92.99.  Most people are finding it not to hard to PM to .com and apply the coupons too.

(Seems like hot deal to me.  Posted on SD and haters giving me mostly red and no explanation.  That's anonymous feedback for you I guess.... I need to vent.  )

Danzilla said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
Danzilla said:   Been a while and I don't remember. Does the 25% back in rewards usually stack with other coupons? What about the 25% off breakroom and/or $10 off $50?
Other than the written exclusions (tablets, etc), anything else cause the rewards to not show up after the register accepts it?

  

It will stack with any $ or % off coupon, it will not stack with any other rewards promotion, nor will you earn the base 5%, this is in lieu of that (so an extra 20% basically)

  So just to be clear, we have for example the Keurig B145 for $99.99
- $25 for 25% C&B coupon
- $25 gift card from SER
- $18.75 back in bonus rewards (25% of $75)
- $10 off $50 coupon
+ ~$6 (taxes on $75)
= ~$27.25?? 

  

yes, as long as "BREWERS" are not excluded from the Breakroom Q, sometimes they are, just read the fine print. if not, your math looks correct.

Did a search for breakroom and a banner popped up with Breakroom supplies promotion.

Breakroom supplies link

Bounty paper towels 12pk @ $7.99 - 25% coupon = $6.+ 25% rewards = $4.50!  

Not bad.  Might pickup a few.

The best part is the 25% is stackable according to the Terms.

Price eligible for rewards is the amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons and rewards redemptions and does not include tax. 

Danzilla said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
Danzilla said:   Been a while and I don't remember. Does the 25% back in rewards usually stack with other coupons? What about the 25% off breakroom and/or $10 off $50?
Other than the written exclusions (tablets, etc), anything else cause the rewards to not show up after the register accepts it?

  

It will stack with any $ or % off coupon, it will not stack with any other rewards promotion, nor will you earn the base 5%, this is in lieu of that (so an extra 20% basically)

  So just to be clear, we have for example the Keurig B145 for $99.99
- $25 for 25% C&B coupon
- $25 gift card from SER
- $18.75 back in bonus rewards (25% of $75)
- $10 off $50 coupon
+ ~$6 (taxes on $75)
= ~$27.25?? 

  you might not get 25% back on the $10 the $10/$50 deducted.  So might be 25% of $65. 
That being said, I have a $40 Rewards checks to use and this might be a nice way to use it.  Thanks for the idea.

my4mainecoons said:   
  you might not get 25% back on the $10 the $10/$50 deducted.  So might be 25% of $65. 
That being said, I have a $40 Rewards checks to use and this might be a nice way to use it.  Thanks for the idea.

  According to their terms that excludes rewards for the 25%, if you did the similar deal, you will get back 25% of the $25. ($75 - $10 Coupon - $40 rewards = $25)

HKSturboKid said:   
my4mainecoons said:   
  you might not get 25% back on the $10 the $10/$50 deducted.  So might be 25% of $65. 
That being said, I have a $40 Rewards checks to use and this might be a nice way to use it.  Thanks for the idea.

  According to their terms that excludes rewards for the 25%, if you did the similar deal, you will get back 25% of the $25. ($75 - $10 Coupon - $40 rewards = $25)

  Thanks!  So Staples gift cards instead

my4mainecoons said:   
Danzilla said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
Danzilla said:   Been a while and I don't remember. Does the 25% back in rewards usually stack with other coupons? What about the 25% off breakroom and/or $10 off $50?
Other than the written exclusions (tablets, etc), anything else cause the rewards to not show up after the register accepts it?

  

It will stack with any $ or % off coupon, it will not stack with any other rewards promotion, nor will you earn the base 5%, this is in lieu of that (so an extra 20% basically)

  So just to be clear, we have for example the Keurig B145 for $99.99
- $25 for 25% C&B coupon
- $25 gift card from SER
- $18.75 back in bonus rewards (25% of $75)
- $10 off $50 coupon
+ ~$6 (taxes on $75)
= ~$27.25?? 

  you might not get 25% back on the $10 the $10/$50 deducted.  So might be 25% of $65. 
That being said, I have a $40 Rewards checks to use and this might be a nice way to use it.  Thanks for the idea.

  Yeah, like hksturbokid said, if you pay with rewards, you won't get the 25% bonus rewards back for that portion.  Just FYI.  also, adjusted my OP to 25% back on $65 instead of $75. 
my4mainecoons said: Thanks! So Staples gift cards instead

oh... well anyway. 

for those who came back from the store, how did the coupon code show up? if it only showed up on one item of the receipt, will it apply to the entire purchase afer all coupons? just curious (fwiw, mine only showed on the crayola. (i purchased 4 reams, 2 5pk, 1 crayola to finish off my rewards) i forgot how the "% back in rewards" coupons applied on a receipt, sorry)

No limits per day or per member. Offer valid only for original recipient of this email as sent by Staples, and coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Not valid on prior purchases. Promotion is in lieu of standard Staples Rewards®. Maximum of one rewards promotion will be given for each item purchased. Price eligible for rewards is the amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons and rewards redemptions and does not include tax.

Has anyone confirmed if the break room coupon works on the Keurig?

Worked out details for other models too, if anyone interested (assuming coupons and 25% back all work)*

K10 $79.99 - $20 rebate GC - $20 (25% C&B) - $15 (25% rewards on $60) + ~$5.10 tax = ~$30.09
V500 $119.99 - $25 rebate GC - $30 (25% C&B) - $22.50 (25% rewards on $90) + ~$7.65 tax = ~$50.14
K65 $129.99 - $25 rebate GC - $32.50 (25% C&B) - $24.38 (25% rewards on $97.50) + ~$8.29 tax = ~$56.40
Note, K65 is actually $149.99 in stores.  Need to Pricematch to online price of $129.95 to get this.  ~$10 more to final cost otherwise.
V1225 $129.95 - $45 rebate GC - $32.49 (25% C&B) - $24.36 (25% rewards on $97.46) + ~$8.28 tax = ~$36.38 ()
K155 $249.95 - $50 rebate GC - $62.50 (25% C&B) - $46.86 (25% rewards on $187.45) + ~$15.93 tax = ~ $106.52

went through them quickly, so if I made any calculation errors, just PM me.  tax based on 8.5%.

*Update: $10 off $50 is reportedly not working with 25% back in rewards coupon.   Editing for fix totals....

It worked, I got the v1225

Yes, breakroom coupon works.

Also, 25% rewards will work, but it DOESN'T stack with 10/50 without manager override, regardless of the order they are presented. I got 2 orders with 25% rewards and 10/50 through, I didn't press my luck on the third.

Danzilla said:   Worked out details for other models too, if anyone interested (assuming coupons and 25% back all work)
K10 $79.99 - $20 rebate GC - $20 (25% C&B) - $10 (10 off 50) - $12.50 (25% rewards on $50) + tax = ~$21.75 (after rebate and rewards.)
V500 $119.99 - $25 rebate GC - $30 (25% C&B) - $10 (10 off 50) - $20 (25% rewards on $80) + tax = $41.80 (after rebate and rewards)
K65 $129.99 - $25 rebate GC - $32.50 (25% C&B) - $10 (10 off 50) - $21.87 (25% rewards on $87.50) + tax = ~$48.07
V1225 $129.95 - $45 rebate GC - $32.49 (25% C&B) - $10 (10 off 50) - $21.86 (25% rewards on $87.46) + tax = ~$28.04 (
K155 $249.95 - $50 rebate GC - $62.50 (25% C&B) - $10 (10 off 50) - $44.36 (25% rewards on $177.45) + tax = ~ $98.17
* went through them quickly, so if I made any calculation errors, just PM me.
 

  

Thanks, Dan. Would have probably picked up the V1225 but alas, it does not use k-cups. (I know very little about Keurigs other than the obvious, and probably drink way too much coffee)

updated totals of my worked out prices to remove 10 off 50, as it's reportedly not working with 25% back in rewards

if i price match, is other coupon still works or not ?

shawnchan said:   if i price match, is other coupon still works or not ?
  Which other coupon? Need to be a bit more specific here.

My concern is the wording on the 25% rewards coupon... states, "Offer valid only for original recipient of this email as sent by Staples". I know my rewards account hasn't received any coupons for quite sometime, probably because I took advantage of coupon deals in the past. I'm wondering if Staples is truly going to track if they sent out the coupon to an account or not.

firstplacerealty said:   My concern is the wording on the 25% rewards coupon... states, "Offer valid only for original recipient of this email as sent by Staples". I know my rewards account hasn't received any coupons for quite sometime, probably because I took advantage of coupon deals in the past. I'm wondering if Staples is truly going to track if they sent out the coupon to an account or not.
  They never have in the past.

I notice Kindle Fire is excluded, but not Fire TV. If this is the case, this offer seems to make the Fire TV a bargain for those who can find it in store...

- FireTV retails for $99. 25% rewards nets $69.30
- FireTV retails for $99. Use $25/$20 shopdiscover gift cards plus 25% rewards nets $49.30

Is my math ok? At $50 Fire TV is 1/2 the price of the Roku 3 and ATV.

I'm particularly interested in this because I want to move a bunch of gift cards into rewards to purchase a new computer (5x limit on gift cards per purchase).

Hawk007 said:   
Danzilla said:   Worked out details for other models too, if anyone interested (assuming coupons and 25% back all work)
K10 $79.99 - $20 rebate GC - $20 (25% C&B) - $10 (10 off 50) - $12.50 (25% rewards on $50) + tax = ~$21.75 (after rebate and rewards.)
V500 $119.99 - $25 rebate GC - $30 (25% C&B) - $10 (10 off 50) - $20 (25% rewards on $80) + tax = $41.80 (after rebate and rewards)
K65 $129.99 - $25 rebate GC - $32.50 (25% C&B) - $10 (10 off 50) - $21.87 (25% rewards on $87.50) + tax = ~$48.07
V1225 $129.95 - $45 rebate GC - $32.49 (25% C&B) - $10 (10 off 50) - $21.86 (25% rewards on $87.46) + tax = ~$28.04 (
K155 $249.95 - $50 rebate GC - $62.50 (25% C&B) - $10 (10 off 50) - $44.36 (25% rewards on $177.45) + tax = ~ $98.17
* went through them quickly, so if I made any calculation errors, just PM me.

  

Thanks, Dan. Would have probably picked up the V1225 but alas, it does not use k-cups. (I know very little about Keurigs other than the obvious, and probably drink way too much coffee)

  Where is the Keurig guru who is going to tell all the newbies which one to get and why?  That guy should have already swooped in on this discussing.  Maybe we need to break out this discussion?  Mr. Cheap, you MUST drink a lot of coffee.

wizwor said:   
Hawk007 said:   
Danzilla said:   Worked out details for other models too, if anyone interested (assuming coupons and 25% back all work)
K10 $79.99 - $20 rebate GC - $20 (25% C&B) - $10 (10 off 50) - $12.50 (25% rewards on $50) + tax = ~$21.75 (after rebate and rewards.)
V500 $119.99 - $25 rebate GC - $30 (25% C&B) - $10 (10 off 50) - $20 (25% rewards on $80) + tax = $41.80 (after rebate and rewards)
K65 $129.99 - $25 rebate GC - $32.50 (25% C&B) - $10 (10 off 50) - $21.87 (25% rewards on $87.50) + tax = ~$48.07
V1225 $129.95 - $45 rebate GC - $32.49 (25% C&B) - $10 (10 off 50) - $21.86 (25% rewards on $87.46) + tax = ~$28.04 (
K155 $249.95 - $50 rebate GC - $62.50 (25% C&B) - $10 (10 off 50) - $44.36 (25% rewards on $177.45) + tax = ~ $98.17
* went through them quickly, so if I made any calculation errors, just PM me.

  

Thanks, Dan. Would have probably picked up the V1225 but alas, it does not use k-cups. (I know very little about Keurigs other than the obvious, and probably drink way too much coffee)

  Where is the Keurig guru who is going to tell all the newbies which one to get and why?  That guy should have already swooped in on this discussing.  Maybe we need to break out this discussion?  Mr. Cheap, you MUST drink a lot of coffee.

  

HA! I do, but use the good old Mr. Coffee type drip pot. HOWEVER, we do have a Keurig and if it were me, I'd stay away from the VUE since they use the more expensive KCUPS. The best deals for KCUPS are on the original packagings....

The K65 is probably the best bang for the buck, since the K10 is the mini size (ok for an apartment if you are single)

I think it depends on how often you plan to use the  machine and what you want for bells & whistles.
There are 2 kinds of machines, the regular Keurigs that use K-cups and the Vue machines which do not use K-style cups but a different shaped one. 
Regarding the Vue machines, I've seen the prefilled cups for it at Staples but haven't noticed them at the supermarket where the K-cups are ubiquitous.
I'm debating between the K10 that Danzilla listed and the 145 which he didn't list. 
I bought a 145 for our 20 person office and we've used it for a few years w/o any problems.  It gets pretty light use but its really straight forward.  No displays.  Basic but reliable. 
I'm always a little leery of "mini" things which is my hesitation about the B10.
Link to the 145.   I haven't done the math yet.

Skipping 111 Messages...
Rewards are up and almost ready to print.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014