• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Hisense Sero 7 Pro 7"
Disclaimer
Refurbished Hisense Sero 7 Pro 7" Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Quad Core Tablet (M470BSA) - $84.99 - $10 mail-in rebate = $74.99 with free shipping at Newegg: Update - Price Drop!!!

​LINK 
REBATE 

• 1.3GHz NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad-Core CPU
  • 7" Touchscreen (1280x800)
  • 1GB DDR2 Memory
  • 8GB Flash Memory
  • MicroSD Slot
  • Back 5MP webcam and front 2MP webcam
  • NFC

Rooting Info Links:
KitKat for Sero rooting link
Hisense Sero 7 Pro Rooting
Sero 7 Pro (US) - dopa v2.0

Newegg
Need a Newegg coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I don't know why Newegg or even the manufacturer's page doesn't mention
that this model also has GPS.
I got the same device from NE in Dec. and have absolutely zero regrets.

The only minor negatives I have to offer are:
1. OTG/USB Host is not fully implemented and although it will recognize
a USB mouse/keyboard dongle, it will not recognize a flash drive or a
portable HD.
2. It is the worst fingerprint magnet I've ever seen.

IMO a very good buy for the money and a cheap fun device to play with.

BTW if anyone wants to root this device after the warranty period LMK
I will supply links.

Hisense? What about this brand, never used it before.

FMB1 said:   I don't know why Newegg or even the manufacturer's page doesn't mention

portable HD.

I will supply links.

you could just go ahead and supply the links now, or post pdf's of the pages in case the URL changes. People can come back to this thread later as needed. 

KitKat for Sero (rooting links in the OP)

AcidSpectrum said:   
FMB1 said:   I don't know why Newegg or even the manufacturer's page doesn't mention

portable HD.

I will supply links.

you could just go ahead and supply the links now, or post pdf's of the pages in case the URL changes. People can come back to this thread later as needed. 

Hereya go:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2284022
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2470998

did you try STICKMOUNT or Paragon Drive? Easy mounting even hardrives via USB.

peas said:   KitKat for Sero  (rooting links in the OP)
  Note that a couple of things are not working.
hdmi - no audio
bluetooth - no a2dp

No mention of GPS------Again.
Would like to see if OTG is fully implermented in this Rom.

pezgarden said:   did you try STICKMOUNT or Paragon Drive? Easy mounting even hardrives via USB.

Thanks, Stickmount works perfectly. Flash drive & HD both recognized. I thought I'd
tried SM before but maybe be cause the FD or HD show up as a folder on the
internal SD card I just missed seeing the message to that effect.

Now if you could suggest a fix for the fingerprint problem I'd be a very happy
camper.

Thanks Again
FMB1

This particular tablet is sold exclusively through WalMart (in the US). At least the new ones are. Its a copy of the original Nexus 7 with a few extra features (micro HDMI port for one) not the 2nd generation Nexus 7. I had one for a few weeks during Christmas. I liked everything about it except the screen size. I find 7 inch screens too small.

pricedrop ... its now 79.99 less 10 dollar rebate.. was able to chat with csr just now and got 5 dollar credit

I bought one of these when the price dropped around Christmas. I like it better then my KF2, KF HD and Google Nexus 1st Gen. Wish it had more memory though. The one I received looked brand new.

SandyQ said:   This particular tablet is sold exclusively through WalMart (in the US). At least the new ones are. Its a copy of the original Nexus 7 with a few extra features (micro HDMI port for one) not the 2nd generation Nexus 7. I had one for a few weeks during Christmas. I liked everything about it except the screen size. I find 7 inch screens too small.
Will the nexus 7 cases fit this Sero?

hueyav8or said:   I bought one of these when the price dropped around Christmas. I like it better then my KF2, KF HD and Google Nexus 1st Gen. Wish it had more memory though. The one I received looked brand new.

Ditto. I'm considering a couple more. I also highly recommend the DOPA v2.0 ROM. Nice Apex launcher plus
it fully restores OTG. Both flash drives and powered portable HDs now work with no added apps, just an OTG adapter.
It will look like a Nexus 7 in settings and to playstore

It's $70 after rebate now!

I left mine laying on its back last night with 80% battery charge. Went to pick it up and use it just now, and it was HOT and will not power up. It was NOT even connected to a charger!

PirateSteve said:   I left mine laying on its back last night with 80% battery charge. Went to pick it up and use it just now, and it was HOT and will not power up. It was NOT even connected to a charger!
Sounds like something it was running crashed, and the CPU pegged and drained the battery. My phones have done this before. Try removing and replacing the battery, then letting it charge back up.

Someone had the same problem i did http://forums.androidcentral.com/other-tablets/318433-hisense-sero-7-pro-battery.html
Now mine is doing random restarts

I bought my daughter one of these last Nov/Dec. Around March she reported that it would not charge. Long story short, it seemed to be stuck in a state of high power usage. I don't remember if I had to disconnect the battery...perhaps. In the end, I had to root the device and flash it with a new ROM. I would recommend, if you have one of these, still running, to look into the rooting, backup, and flashing process. The most painful part for me, was learning that I had to load Android Debugging Bridge (ADB) on a 32-bit Windows machine, to get USB drivers to work with the device. At a minimum, enable developer mode on your device while you can, through the settings menu.

There have been some great deals on 32GB Nexus 7 refurbs lately. I would recommend those over the Sero Pro for most folks. The days I spent restoring my daughter's Sero Pro were not worth the savings. She has not had any complaints since I restored it though.

PirateSteve said:   
SandyQ said:   This particular tablet is sold exclusively through WalMart (in the US). At least the new ones are. Its a copy of the original Nexus 7 with a few extra features (micro HDMI port for one) not the 2nd generation Nexus 7. I had one for a few weeks during Christmas. I liked everything about it except the screen size. I find 7 inch screens too small.
Will the nexus 7 cases fit this Sero?

No, but there are some on eBay and Amazon that are made to fit the Sero Pro.  I bought the Poetic Slimbook case at Amazon for my daughter's tablet for $14.95.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014