• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
There is a new $100 off clearance PC's coupon this week at Staples.
http://www.staples.com/coupons 

I found a HP Chromebook 14 at my Staples for $199.90
SKU: 303766 in the Los Angeles area

It was an open box and got additional 10% off.

You can use that $100 off coupon to get it down to $87.10

The Manager accepted the $100 coupon was no problem.

More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
Staples
See Staples coupons that earn Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

HP (497.40kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I guess I don't see the point to the 25% off rewards coupon, since it doesn't apply to "computers". Did it apply to the ... (more)

VirtuaL (May. 04, 2014 @ 2:22a) |

I'm not sure what I got back for rewards..  the guy just added it

enureyes (May. 05, 2014 @ 10:37a) |

I got the same rejection.  Do you know the SKU?  I looked at the receipt and the SKU didn't seem to match.

goingwest (May. 31, 2014 @ 1:55p) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
This sounds very YMMV.

rated:
dishdude said:   This sounds very YMMV.
  Agreed, the real deal is the 100 off coupon.  I'm going to check what my store has in for cheap laptops and clean them out.

rated:
I can see this now:
Sir:
The coupons is for pc's, not laptops.....

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   I can see this now:
Sir:

I think laptops are PCs.  At least Staples seems to imply that in the ad.

rated:
cattlet said:   
Sir:

I think laptops are PCs.  At least Staples seems to imply that in the ad.

Looks like that. The image on the coupon is a laptop, not desktop. 

rated:
I did the same deal on the same Chromebook last time Staples did the $100 off coupon, and really like the extra screen space. But would like the long running battery life of the newer Haswell processor Chromebooks.

rated:
  TOO MUCH FREE TIME.  LOL

rated:
From the title I was expecting to leave the store with a Chromebook and an extra $87 in my pocket...

rated:
Can't get the auto link to work for the stock checker, buy try copying and pasting.  Change the XXXXX at the end to your local zip.  As always with clearance, YMMV.
http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesStoreInventory?distance=100&partNumber=303766&zipCode=xxxxx

rated:
Some interesting discussion here, some inane ranting, but to the point: this is more or less a one-off deal for the OP. As was stated earlier, the main value is that there is a $100 off clearance coupon available. The subject line should reflect this and not the OP's purchase that most will not be able to replicate.

rated:
yoregano said:   Some interesting discussion here, some inane ranting, but to the point: this is more or less a one-off deal for the OP. As was stated earlier, the main value is that there is a $100 off clearance coupon available. The subject line should reflect this and not the OP's purchase that most will not be able to replicate.
  I wonder if what I said is ranting....
I just looked and see 8 unread messages form MODERATOR
today

rated:
I found an Acer Chromebook for $199, clearance. Manager only would do 5% off, but did take the $100 coupon, and a $10 off $50. Both worked at the register with no issue.

rated:
nice find reguy! thanks for posting.

rated:
Not available near my planet.
Great find for OP though.

rated:
Thanks OP! I could have gotten a Chromebook for $89 but we were in the market for a replacement laptop. Thanks to your post, got an Acer V5-552 (Touchscreen, 750gb hdd, 6 gb ddr3 memory) on clearance for $235 which includes tax and reflects the add'l 10% off for display model plus the $100 coupon! Mixed reviews but good price point for us right now. No optical drive but we have another one that does in case ever needed

rated:
Is this SKU working on any of the backdoor inventory checkers? Isn't on the ones I normally use...

rated:
Regarding F123456's post - Where did you get the $10 off $50 coupon?

rated:
asuka said:   Is this SKU working on any of the backdoor inventory checkers? Isn't on the ones I normally use...

Not working on any I use either. Also not showing up at Staples.com, which is normal if not showing on inventory checkers.

If you use the method posted above by sportsfan64 it does work

"Can't get the auto link to work for the stock checker, buy try copying and pasting.  Change the XXXXX at the end to your local zip.  As always with clearance, YMMV.
http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesStoreInventory?dis...

rated:
Misleading title... says the chromebook price is a credit of $87 (-$87 equals a refund). Cheap trick to get clicks.

rated:
The post basically means go into your local Staples and look for any pc clearance..just remember to take the coupon too. That works for me.

rated:
Sir:

How Is A Notebook Not A Personal Computer (PC)?

rated:
It will be awesome if we make money ... with Chrome book

rated:
i just got 2 from my local Staples and got a free 2 yr warranty and 10% off because it was open box came up to $95 each.

rated:
thanks

rated:
Pure junk/garbage. Do not waste your money on this, not even at $70. Get a real computer. This is only good for browsing/ email/google docs. Will not even take Android apps.

rated:
dabir said:   Pure junk/garbage. Do not waste your money on this, not even at $70. Get a real computer. This is only good for browsing/ email/google docs. Will not even take Android apps.

Would this be good for old people who think real computers are too complicated?

rated:
gd78 said:   
dabir said:   Pure junk/garbage. Do not waste your money on this, not even at $70. Get a real computer. This is only good for browsing/ email/google docs. Will not even take Android apps.

Would this be good for old people who think real computers are too complicated?

Yes. Or I would prefer a tablet for browsing/email.

rated:
peas said:   Misleading title... says the chromebook price is a credit of $87 (-$87 equals a refund). Cheap trick to get clicks.
  Kind like the dumb as stores that have a sign
.99˘    Just try and get it for that amount....Let alone the change from a penny.

rated:
My Staples did not have clearance Stock? IS that weird

rated:
NODeals4me said:   My Staples did not have clearance Stock? IS that weird
  No, not at all....

rated:
  I don't have this specific chromebook, I actually have a much older one (Samsung 5 I think - from about 3 years ago at Google I/O).  Had no use for it for the most part, but this year, I gave it to my 8 year old to use because his teacher is starting to have them do more assignments on the computer using google docs & communicating with them via gmail.  It's been perfect for him and it's been great for me cause he doesn't have to use my Mac Pro or wife's MBP.

So yes, it's not a fully featured computer, but there are pretty good uses for a chromebook

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
  No, not at all....

Actually there is a very good reason,
and for the benfit of one who does not get it,
the poster was too late to the store for the clearance ones, he got beaten to them...

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
yesidonoitall said:   
  No, not at all....

Actually there is a very good reason,
and for the benfit of one who does not get it,
the poster was too late to the store for the clearance ones, he got beaten to them...

This laptop has been on clearance for awhile. My Staples stopped selling Chromebooks long ago. It's likely it never was in stock before the coupon went live.

rated:
This is misleading, I think, but highly useful. Every store has different clearance PCs, so it's not just Chromebooks. I got a new Windows 8 15 in. Toshiba laptop for a total of $121 after 8.75% tax. The AMD processor is crap, but at the price, you can't really go wrong if you need something for casual internet use and word processing. I imagine it is different at every store, but based on what worked for me, I'd go up to the floor manager and ask him to print you a list of the clearance laptops they have available. At first, they had trouble figuring out what they had in the back on clearance, but once they hit the computers, it was a breeze.

rated:
fatwallfan1 said:   This is misleading, I think, but highly useful. Every store has different clearance PCs, so it's not just Chromebooks. I got a new Windows 8 15 in. Toshiba laptop for a total of $121 after 8.75% tax. The AMD processor is crap, but at the price, you can't really go wrong if you need something for casual internet use and word processing. I imagine it is different at every store, but based on what worked for me, I'd go up to the floor manager and ask him to print you a list of the clearance laptops they have available. At first, they had trouble figuring out what they had in the back on clearance, but once they hit the computers, it was a breeze.
  I think I got the same one

rated:
What is the model of the Toshiba laptop?

rated:
dvs423 said:   What is the model of the Toshiba laptop?
  Toshiba c55d a5382 $251 open box clearance - $50 rebate - $100 coupon

rated:
gd78 said:   
dvs423 said:   What is the model of the Toshiba laptop?
  Toshiba c55d a5382 $251 open box clearance - $50 rebate - $100 coupon

Could you advise about the $50 rebate, thanks~

Skipping 49 Messages...
rated:
yesidonoitall said:   The Toshiba rebate is screwy, I did an online easy rebate, got a rejection claiming the rebate offer number is non existent....
I replied back with the link to the offer stating it is the correct number and they replied the check will be in the mail.

I got the same rejection.  Do you know the SKU?  I looked at the receipt and the SKU didn't seem to match.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014