rated:

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

NETGEAR N300
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Looks like the rebate form required purchase by 3/31/2014

Youknowme said:   Looks like the rebate form required purchase by 3/31/2014
  No, the PRIOR rebate did. 

The current rebate is good from April 1 till June 30.

dk240t said:   
Youknowme said:   Looks like the rebate form required purchase by 3/31/2014
  No, the PRIOR rebate did. 

The current rebate is good from April 1 till June 30.

I see the new rebate form now.  Was looking at the old rebate.  thanks

Is this a good router if I'm experiencing range problem with the old WRT54GL in my house?

Perfect for me...was looking for something that would work as a wireless bridge and this apparently has the necessary capabilities.

LongDongSilver said:   Is this a good router if I'm experiencing range problem with the old WRT54GL in my house?
  Maybe. That router if I remember right actually has pretty good range. This would definitely be an upgrade though to wireless-N, and if you can eliminate all B and G devices it will benefit even more. You should also consider putting inSSIDer free version on one of your computers and scanning your network. Depending on the density of your neighborhood/building, you might have lots of competing signals. I could barely get 5-10mbps throughput until I found the router was auto-selecting a main channel that had at least 3 competing signals nearby. Working through a few select channels that fit in between the crowd got me up to 50-60mbps, which is a pretty typical limit for many people on Wireless-N / 150mbps connections. The same effort will likely increase the effective range too.

DirtCheapDad said:   
LongDongSilver said:   Is this a good router if I'm experiencing range problem with the old WRT54GL in my house?
  Maybe. That router if I remember right actually has pretty good range. This would definitely be an upgrade though to wireless-N, and if you can eliminate all B and G devices it will benefit even more. You should also consider putting inSSIDer free version on one of your computers and scanning your network. Depending on the density of your neighborhood/building, you might have lots of competing signals. I could barely get 5-10mbps throughput until I found the router was auto-selecting a main channel that had at least 3 competing signals nearby. Working through a few select channels that fit in between the crowd got me up to 50-60mbps, which is a pretty typical limit for many people on Wireless-N / 150mbps connections. The same effort will likely increase the effective range too.

Good advice, but unfortunately inSSIDer hasn't been free since version 3.0 (Mar 2013).  If you can find it , version 2.1 still works fine.  I just used it on my laptop the other day.

Don't support Netgear, they're suing a fatwallet member for reselling a few routers below market value!

Price dropped to 14.99 After Rebate.

Updated Price!

price went up to 19.99 after rebate now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014