Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Moto X starting @ $299 Thursday only.

3 of 5
aktran9
4/30/14 2:38 PM
Does anyone know if the verizon verson have a sim card, and if so, is it unlocked for other gsm carriers?
raiderj
4/30/14 2:39 PM
aktran9 said:   

Does anyone know if the verizon verson have a sim card, and if so, is it unlocked for other gsm carriers?

Verizon is CDMA, so those versions won't have a SIM card. You should be able to pick up a GSM version of the Moto X.
EDIT: Corrected below.
poorfatkid
4/30/14 2:50 PM
raiderj said:   

aktran9 said:   

Verizon is CDMA, so those versions won't have a SIM card. You should be able to pick up a GSM version of the Moto X.

Not accurate. It does have a SIM. A Nano SIM to be specific. If ordering from Motorola website it should come with the SIM. Probably already installed.
raiderj
4/30/14 2:59 PM
poorfatkid said:   

raiderj said:   

aktran9 said:   

Not accurate. It does have a SIM. A Nano SIM to be specific. If ordering from Motorola website it should come with the SIM. Probably already installed.

Ah, that's true. Keep forgetting 4G phones do have SIM slots. Did some googling, and it looks like you can in fact use a Verizon Moto X on other networks, but due to the radios you'll only get HSPA+ speeds, not LTE. Still unless you need the Verizon version, seems like one would be better off getting the GSM variant of the Moto X in order to get full 4G speeds.
oldsouthbw
4/30/14 2:59 PM
Any comments regarding battery life from actual users?
raiderj
4/30/14 3:02 PM
oldsouthbw said:   

Any comments regarding battery life from actual users?

My friend has a Moto X and has said good things about battery life. Goes all day for general use.
bb6619
4/30/14 3:03 PM
BamBam0099 said:   

bb6619 said:   

The moto x has been 299 at republicwireless. + a $100 jellybean trade in.

You're 100% right.  With the JellyBean trade in, my Republc Wireless Moto X phone cost me $199.   Great phone and service, use it every day and love it.

I have been considering upgrading from the defy  to the X   Hows the storage  ?  Are you 4G  or 3G ?
giqcass
4/30/14 5:20 PM
I have this phone from Republic wireless. I wish they would have had this deal when I bought mine. I would have went for the 32gb version. I also did the Jelly bean rebate.
1) The battery last all day for me with normal use.
2) Video streaming eats the battery faster. Stuff like Netflix.
3) You can use Voice commands when the phone is locked. I do this all of the time to get the weather when I get up in the morning.
4) Compatible with On the Go cables.
-4a) Usb Drives
-4b) Sd card readers
-4c) Software defined radio dongles
-4d) Video Game controllers
5) Android OS Kit Kat is available on this phone for most major carriers. Republic Wireless is rolling it out and the ROM is on the net for those that don't want to wait.
6) Yes it does have a SIM card. All 4g phones have them.
7) Active display is very nice.
8) Plenty or internal memory.  I have ran some memory intensive programs with no problem. 

The primary CONS of this phone.
1) Cases are hard to find in stores. No problem getting them online.
2) Battery is not removable.
3) No Micro SD slot.
4) No HDMI output.  Miracast is possible as an alternative with supported devices like a Miracast dongle.
larryc
4/30/14 9:30 PM
Would be sweet if this could be used with the trade-up $100 rebate.
(There's also the education discount https://mdsupport.custhelp.com/ci/documents/detail/2/education but I doubt you can triple dip)
jaymez619
4/30/14 9:54 PM
Could this 'sale' be due to the announcement of a new Moto on 5/13?

New Motorola 5/13
3 of 5
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.