• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
lemonhead said:   I was contemplating getting the moto G, is there any reason I should choose this X instead?
  I decided to go with the X (Developer Edition) and return my G. Main reason for me is that I'd like to be able to wifi tether using a 4G connection. I could root the G and tether, but be limited to 3G speeds. Plus, it seems like everyone is very happy with the X. It's a tough call, but you do get a much better phone for the extra $200 that you'd spend over a Verizon Prepaid version of the Moto G. 32GB of internal storage vs. 8GB is a big factor too.

Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

rated:
1cheapsk8 said:   I'm guessing the unlocked version is going to be $349.99 since the non sale $349.99 is only on the no contract Republic Wireless one. If unlocked was $299.99 I'd be very tempted!
  Looks like I was wrong. The UNLOCKED version is $299.99. Buying one for the wife for Mother's Day! Best used price I could find off of Craigslist was $250. Well worth the extra money to personalize it.

rated:
I want to replace my GF's Verizon iPhone 4S with the Moto X, but she's not convinced yet to leave the Apple family. Figured if I get the Verizon model she can swap to it, try it, and if she's ok with it, then I can also put her on a much cheaper TMobile plan since the GSM side of the Verizon phone is unlocked. It might not have LTE, but does it otherwise work OK?

rated:
pitflyer said:   I want to replace my GF's Verizon iPhone 4S with the Moto X, but she's not convinced yet to leave the Apple family. Figured if I get the Verizon model she can swap to it, try it, and if she's ok with it, then I can also put her on a much cheaper TMobile plan since the GSM side of the Verizon phone is unlocked. It might not have LTE, but does it otherwise work OK?
  I think that should work, there's a good thread on XDA that has more detail. You might also consider a Straight Talk plan, ~$45/mo for unlimited talk/text and 2.5GB of data. Works great and what I'd be using if I didn't have an unlimited plan with Verizon.

rated:
well, I really liked this phone for the one week I had it. First time I dropped it 30 cm onto the floor, the screen shattered. It was in a case. Motorola deemed it too broken to fix and would not even take my money to fix it....

rated:
raiderj said:   
lemonhead said:   I was contemplating getting the moto G, is there any reason I should choose this X instead?
  I decided to go with the X (Developer Edition) and return my G. Main reason for me is that I'd like to be able to wifi tether using a 4G connection. I could root the G and tether, but be limited to 3G speeds. Plus, it seems like everyone is very happy with the X. It's a tough call, but you do get a much better phone for the extra $200 that you'd spend over a Verizon Prepaid version of the Moto G. 32GB of internal storage vs. 8GB is a big factor too.

but the 4G tether would only be if you chose the 4G plan...correct? I don't need blinding speeds to download, 3G will (and does) do me just fine - 
I'm trying to justify the G at $149 - saying that I'll have it paid for in 6 months by basing the plan i want and the phone as compared to my current Tmo $47ish plan .  I hate to "pay" for devices for 2 years when they go outdated in 1!  if the moto G goes outdated in 1 year, I'll still be ahead after a year, but with the base X It will be paid for after a 1 year, thus not really saving me any true money over my TMO plan - it's all about the bottom dollar for me I guess, and I like to be able to switch devices when I want (and that $300 pill would be hard to swallow every year or 18 months or whatever!
OK, done rambling - anyone else got any input on why the X TRULY is better than the G? (especially since i'm only coming from a GS2!!!!

rated:
No Microsd = fail.

rated:
lemonhead said:   
raiderj said:   

but the 4G tether would only be if you chose the 4G plan...correct? I don't need blinding speeds to download, 3G will (and does) do me just fine - 
I'm trying to justify the G at $149 - saying that I'll have it paid for in 6 months by basing the plan i want and the phone as compared to my current Tmo $47ish plan .  I hate to "pay" for devices for 2 years when they go outdated in 1!  if the moto G goes outdated in 1 year, I'll still be ahead after a year, but with the base X It will be paid for after a 1 year, thus not really saving me any true money over my TMO plan - it's all about the bottom dollar for me I guess, and I like to be able to switch devices when I want (and that $300 pill would be hard to swallow every year or 18 months or whatever!
OK, done rambling - anyone else got any input on why the X TRULY is better than the G? (especially since i'm only coming from a GS2!!!!

My data plan is the Verizon unlimited one that I was grandfathered into, so whether I get 3G or 4G is based on my phone's hardware. The G is limited to 3G, which is why I'd have to get the X if I wanted 4G.

All said, the Moto G is a fantastic phone, especially considering the price. From a value perspective, I do think the G is the better way to go.

rated:
  I have the G and don't like it.  The screen is too small, the processor is too slow and it doesn't have many advanced features built into it.  I will sell you my unlocked on for $100 and go buy the X.  I've got the 16GB version and it doesn't have near enough memory.  I really wish that I had gotten the 32 GB X

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014