• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
$399.99 in-cart but get $50 off with promo code: SEARS50

The industry's most energy efficient dishwashers — These dishwashers use nearly 1/2 less water and energy without compromising performance (Based on Energystar.gov published annual energy usage of Whirlpool Resource Efficient models versus competitive dishwashers MSRP $749 and below. Compared to a conventional dishwasher manufactured before 2006)
Automatically select the right wash and dry settings for your load — The Sensor cycle uses two separate sensors to measure temperature, soil level and load size once during the prewash and once during the wash cycle. Cleans tough soils 35% better while using just the right amount of time, energy and water, helping you have more time to do what you love (Compared to previous wash system)
Clean dishes when you need them — Now thanks to the Top Rack Wash option, you can save time and energy by washing dishes in the top rack rather than waiting for a full load
100% usable rack space — Our improved AnyWare™ Plus silverware basket now holds up to 12 more pieces of silverware for maximum flexibility and is designed to clean better. Place the silverware basket in the bottom rack, on the front of the rack, or use it in the door for 100% usable rack space. Its improved design also allows you to access small silverware and easily place the basket on the counter for unloading
Our quietest line of dishwashers ever — Equipped with our Quiet Partner™ sound packages and sound-reducing insulation, these models minimize noise, so you can run the dishwasher without it interfering with your daily routine
No One Has Fewer Repairs 15 Years In A Row — Whirlpool® dishwashers are designed to endure repeated use and to deliver years of reliable performance (According to a leading consumer magazine)
Save on your energy bills — This CEE Tier 2 qualified and ENERGY STAR® qualified appliance uses up to 20% less energy than dishwashers without the ENERGY STAR® rating (Based on the Consortium for Energy Efficiency product qualifications. Visit cee1.org for more information)
Ensure your dishes are clean and sanitized — The Sani Rinse™ option uses a NSF® certified, high-temperature rinse to eliminate 99.999% of food soil bacteria

www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02215373000P

Member Summary

dishwasher
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thank you! I priced matched to Home Depot (online only). http://www.homedepot.com/p/Whirlpool-Gold-Top-Control-Dishwasher...
Sears charges $15 for haul-off and $144.99 for installation. Both have an installation kit for $20. Home Depot has free delivery, haul-off and recycling. Home Depot's installation is also $99 or $45 cheaper than Sears. I also had a gift card at HD, so that was an easy decision.

Thank you OP ... that's going to make a good Mother's Day gift. She'll also get flowers, card, etc, but our dishwasher has been acting up so this will be a treat (not romantic, but still a treat).

plastic tub no go for me

That's some pretty high ratings for a dishwasher, dishwashers in general is a product that seem to always have a lot of negative reviews.

Luniz97 said:   plastic tub no go for me
 Yes, a stainless steel dishwasher would be preferred, but you'll be hard-pressed to find one in the $300-$350 range. This particular model has decent reviews overall - and - excellent reviews for the under $500 price point. I am going to be out of this house in a couple of years so no need to overspend now. 

Received 4.5/5 stars based on 895 customer reviews on the product page.

I have a hard time understanding what makes a stainless steel tub such a big selling point on dishwashers. Is it the longevity or something? I can't imagine it affects the cleaning ability at all.

How do you do pricematch online with HomeDepot?

DOOMI said:   I have a hard time understanding what makes a stainless steel tub such a big selling point on dishwashers. Is it the longevity or something? I can't imagine it affects the cleaning ability at all.
  http://www.sears.com/en_us/sears-knowledge-center/home-appliances/dishwashers/plastic-vs-stainless-steel-tub-material.html 

mainly the temp of the water

hknguyen2000 said:   How do you do pricematch online with HomeDepot?
 You use the online chat feature (which I did) or call them. Tell them you would like to price match Sears.com and they will review the Sears.com website.
Once you give them your HD order number they will send you a check for the price matched portion. It took about 6 minutes from start to finish for me.

Thanks for the info.

TxDreamz said:   
hknguyen2000 said:   How do you do pricematch online with HomeDepot?
 You use the online chat feature (which I did) or call them. Tell them you would like to price match Sears.com and they will review the Sears.com website.
Once you give them your HD order number they will send you a check for the price matched portion. It took about 6 minutes from start to finish for me.

Ahhhhhh... that makes sense.  Thanks!

us said:   
DOOMI said:   I have a hard time understanding what makes a stainless steel tub such a big selling point on dishwashers. Is it the longevity or something? I can't imagine it affects the cleaning ability at all.
  http://www.sears.com/en_us/sears-knowledge-center/home-appliances/dishwashers/plastic-vs-stainless-steel-tub-material.html 

mainly the temp of the water

it says stainless steel is more energy efficient than plastic but that doesn't make sense.  SS would act like a heat sink and actually draw heat away from the water making the heater work harder so it would use more energy.

Why wouldn't they make the tubs out of ceramic?  That's really a better insulator than stainless steel or plastic right?  It works for hot coffee and tea.  Either way, good deal.

I have a nearly identical washer. The only difference I can see is that mine has an adjustable upper rack. We've had it for several months and I don't have any complaints other than the racks themselves seem a little flimsy.

Couldn't pricematch with HomeDepot. They only match sale price and not the Sears coupon.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014