• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
Disclaimer
Staples has the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard (4000) for $24.99. Shipping is free for Staples Rewards members (free to join here ). You can also choose to get this shipped to a Staples location near you.

Alternatively, this is available for the same price from Amazon here. Free shipping with Prime or Free Super Saver Shipping on orders of $35 or more. 

3.9/5 stars based on 2,662 customer reviews from the Amazon product page. 4.3/5 stars based on 621 reviews on the Staples product page.

• Ergonomic keyboard design promotes a natural hand, wrist, and forearm position for greater comfort
  • Split design
  • Cushioned palm rest
  • Improved number pad
  • 5 customizable hotkeys
  • 3 year limited warranty

Staples
See Staples promo codes that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Best Buy has it for the same price. Link

GPDMAJ (May. 07, 2014 @ 8:36a) |

Good keyboard. Just a FYI: it's wired, not wireless.

MasterRebater (May. 07, 2014 @ 10:12a) |

boober (May. 08, 2014 @ 12:53p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Been using this keyboard (in rotation) since 2006. One of my favorite keyboards ever made.

Is it suitable for playing games?

It's great for a 5th in poker and loves duck duck......

It's great for games, danielsanish. I insist on one for everything. I was so relieved to finally find a replacement for my vintage 1.0 Natural Keyboards. I think these are the best and it's great that they're so cheap. It seemed to me that Staples' regular price is about $39, but $25 is the cheapest I've ever seen these go.

danielsanish said:   Is it suitable for playing games?

Games that require keystrokes, yes. Also good for writing documents. It's a keyboard.

Been using this keyboard writing code everyday for many years. One of the very few things MS done right. Good for your fingers.

Was $20.00 last December at Newegg. Haven't seen one with this low of a price eversince.

ChocoBean said:   Was $20.00 last December at Newegg. Haven't seen one with this low of a price eversince.
  yep, plus Staples rewards and coupons on eBay (like 25 off 75) can cut the price of this down to just dollars.

I love this keyboard, only 1 problem the keys wear out.

I see these all around fatwallet. Everyone that has one here seems to like it.

Neilium said:   I see these all around fatwallet. Everyone that has one here seems to like it.

I am not a fan of the huge split in the middle.  I much prefer the Logitech wave which is still ergonomic, but less drastic.

Deal from today on the Logitech Wave for $49.99 shipped

Keys wear out for almost all microsoft keyboards I have wokred with, some in less than 6 months.

I love this keyboard. I buy it every year from Newegg when it drops to $20. Bring the home one to work and work one gets handed off to someone else. The keyboard is reliable and haven't expected what ChocoBean above is mentioning. At home the keyboard is used to play games so QWER, ASDW, Shift, Ctrl, & Tab get used heavily. No wear down experienced. At work the keyboard is used for coding & emails for 40-60 hours a week. Quite reliable IMO.

MacBain00 said:   The keyboard is reliable and haven't expected what ChocoBean above is mentioning. At home the keyboard is used to play games so QWER, ASDW, Shift, Ctrl, & Tab get used heavily. No wear down experienced. At work the keyboard is used for coding & emails for 40-60 hours a week. Quite reliable IMO.

I agree - I've had mine since 2006 with no reliability issues at all. It survived seven years of school and now is with me at work every day. The spacebar on my unit is pretty loud, but it always has been.

Does it require special software - I want to get one for work, but can't install software on the system.

Bosshogg77 said:   Does it require special software - I want to get one for work, but can't install software on the system.
  No special SW is needed for the basic functions.  It can be programmed to do more, but I have never bothered with that.  

This is one of my favorite keyboards.   While not at an all time low price, this is a good price.  It hit this price once in a while, but I wouldn't hesitate if you want an ergonomic keyboard.

I have used this keyboard for over a year. Labels are worn off, but it works well if you can handle a split keyboard. But not an outstanding deal, considering it sells for $25 on Amazon with free shipping if you have Prime.

I love this keyboard. Many keys are worn after less than three years of use.

ChocoBean said:   Keys wear out for almost all microsoft keyboards I have wokred with, some in less than 6 months.
  trim your claws

I've had a wireless version of this keyboard for about ten years and it is still going strong. I thought it gave up the ghost yesterday when I spilled coffee on it, but after removing some keys, wiping it clean, blowing it out and letting it sit overnight, it appears to be fine. A++++++ WDBA!

I love this keyboard, I have been using this same keyboard and its predecessor from 2003 onward, Microsoft sent new keyboard for the first two which needs a replacement for worn out keys problem. But recently they said their warranty is only 3y and denied my request. I am on my 4th keyboard till now and its all great. BTW I have been using my personal keyboard & mouse in office for past decade.

Logician1313 said:   
Neilium said:   I see these all around fatwallet. Everyone that has one here seems to like it.

I am not a fan of the huge split in the middle.  I much prefer the Logitech wave which is still ergonomic, but less drastic.

Deal from today on the Logitech Wave for $49.99 shipped

I have the Logitech wave (corded version). I won't call it ergonomic keyboard due to non-split design. It hurts my wrist.

A good keyboard. I have been using it at work and was looking to buy 1 at home but waiting to a good price. In for 1.

Did they ever fix the spacebar? After many years of using various "ergonomic" keyboards and several years after moving back to a traditional keyboard (Logitech K750), I've concluded ergonomic keyboards are a gimmick, but this one tends to have a bad spacebar that jams when pressed at its ends. The one I bought and its replacement both had the issue, and so has every one I've seen on display in stores. I always check when I see one. And it's not just me. Google /Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 spacebar/ for more on that. They've been making the keyboard a long time, so maybe they fixed the design. I just wish they had stuck to making the Wireless Bluetrack Explorer Mouse, the last piece of Microsoft hardware that was worth a damn.

Best Buy has it for the same price. Link

Good keyboard. Just a FYI: it's wired, not wireless.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014