• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id806401149?mt=8

Free for 1-day May 6th!

Description 

ONE DAY SPECIAL: With appreciation to all educators and in honor of National Teacher’s Day, the Classroom Edition of Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read is FREE (Regular price is $49.99) for one day only: May 6, 2014. Unlimited downloads. If you like the app, please rate and review it.

This Classroom Edition is unlocked and contains teacher instructions and teacher controls. To sample the app, we recommend that you download the free, non-Classroom edition which includes a free unit and eBook. 

This digital reading program is based on the award-winning Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read system with which millions have learned to read. Now, we are excited to introduce our Classroom edition of this new digital reading app!

Designed to help you prepare your students for Common Core State Standards, the research-based lessons and eBooks in the program provide systematic instruction and practice with the Common Core 

Foundational Reading Skills for Kindergarten including: 

• Print concepts
• Phonological awareness
• Phonics word recognition

Suitable for single- or multiple-users, students can easily, independently navigate this app. Each 10-minute phonics lesson concludes with three corresponding eBooks, where students apply the phonemes, rimes and sight words they have learned in the context of a meaningful story. The program works effectively whether used daily or sporadically throughout the week. Students are able to repeat previous lessons for additional practice if needed, or move on to new lessons as appropriate.

With music, games, activities, and meaningful stories, HOOKED ON PHONICS: LEARN TO READ CLASSROOM is the simplest, most engaging and effective digital reading program on the market. 

Students will enjoy songs, games, and interactive lessons in a style that has never before been seen in an educational app.

Best of all, each lesson culminates with three stories that are decodable for students who have completed the prior lessons. Children will delight in reading and rereading these stories to themselves or to a peer.

This program includes 12 Units and 36 eBooks. Each unit explicitly teaches and provides guided practice with three different phonemic rhymes and onsets and two or three sight words, using fun, engaging songs, games and stories. 

Celebrate Success!

As your students move through the units and lessons, your growing-readers earn trophies and points. 

The points can be used to personalize these trophies with different enhancements to make a one-of-a-kind reward that recognizes each student’s significant achievements in a very personal way. 

What’s New

For the first time ever, we’ve adapted our best-selling Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read app for teachers to use in the classroom. The lessons solidly align with the Common Core Reading Foundational Skills for Kindergarten. With features that allow a teacher to lock and unlock lessons to adapt to single-and multiple-user situations, this system has the full set of lessons, songs, stories and eBooks currently available from Hooked on Phonics in digital form.

With this single purchase, your students can complete the fun, award-winning reading program that contains:

• 12 Hooked on Phonics units, each with 3 lessons and 3 embedded eBooks.

• 36 Hooked on Phonics eBooks with controlled vocabulary that is 100% decodable for the student who has completed the prior lessons.

• A trophy and points reward system for successful progression through the program. Points can be used to personalize the trophies into one-of-a-kind keepsakes.

• White board word- and sentence-builder that showcases all of the words and sights words taught in the app.

• Archive functionality to move units and eBooks that you’ve already completed to the cloud to save storage space on your device. (The units and eBooks can be re-installed at any time for free.)

Member Summary

Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read Classroom Edition
Thanks zimphella
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
What happened? Still 5/6 and it's back to $49

Vn33 (May. 06, 2014 @ 10:53p) |

I'm trying to locate or figure out how to change the settings to lock the app in "single-user mode".   I wasn't able to ... (more)

firstplacerealty (May. 06, 2014 @ 11:38p) |

Live again ... It's free right now (wed 5/7 mid-day) .. grab it if you want.
Give me green if you use it now (hoping that... (more)

eurekaa (May. 07, 2014 @ 12:34p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great deal, thanks OP!

Nice find, remick!

thanks!

awesome! wish I could double green this.

Awesome deal. This should work great for my 3-year old, and it's both iPhone and iPad compatible so you don't need to buy two different Apps to get the same thing like some of them.

Thank you and green for OP!

Fan-freaking-tastic!  Now the grandbaby will be able to teach me how to read all over again.  Thanks OP.

nice! thanks!

I has Hooked on Fonics and its a-maze-zing.  It help me loose all of my poor grammer. 

in for the obligatory Brian Regan reference

hooked on phonix

If your monkey arrived in the box dead, call 1-800-555-4500 to get a new monkey.

Wads said:   in for the obligatory Brian Regan reference

hooked on phonix

"Workin' for MEH."

awe-some

Awesome - my daughter is a bit too young, but will save for her.

One word of caution: When you download the app you are only getting the first lessons. You have to download each of the other lessons individually. While they are ALL FREE, it isn't clear if the download of the individual lessons will be free today only or not. I suspect, due to the high price of the App, that it includes automatically all lessons and you should probably be free to download them at any time. I am not taking the risk however and downloaded all 12 lessons, and will then back them up to iTunes so that in case the free downloads don't work past today I will have a backup.

A note on usability - it seems the difference between this and the student edition is that this version has all the lessons/activities unlocked by default. But, if you go to the upper right hand settings there is an option to lock the app for a single-user mode. This will allow your child to progress through all the lessons in the correct order.

If you don't have your ipad with you today, are you SOL?

ymarker said:   If you don't have your ipad with you today, are you SOL?

You should be able to install iTunes on a PC and purchase from there I think.  But otherwise, yes.
You can borrow someone's iPad/iPhone and login as you?

BenH said:   
ymarker said:   If you don't have your ipad with you today, are you SOL?

You should be able to install iTunes on a PC and purchase from there I think.  But otherwise, yes.
You can borrow someone's iPad/iPhone and login as you?

Thanks going the itunes install route

Thanks and Green!

Got the main app via itunes, now as I can't download the individual modules within the app without my iDevice, i am SOL?

awesome...thanks OP

Awesome, thank you! I used Hooked on Phonics (the old version on cassettes, booklets, etc) to teach my son to read when he slipped through the cracks in the 1st grade. We worked on it for an entire summer (20-30 minutes a day), and his standardized test scores in reading jumped from a pre-k level to a 3rd grade level during that time. I'm downloading the iPad version for my 4 year old daughter.

Awesome Thanks Remick!!!

Thanks OP!

Awesome!! thanks

Thanks, remick!

And this is why I still check on FatWallet. Thanks, remick! Great deal.

Green.

Big Green.. do they have books for older kids. My 4.5 year old has finished 6 out of 12 lessons in an hour.

awesome find.. my kid is 8months old only but it will be helpful when she needs it..

It's burned into my head from childhood radio ads:

"1-800-ABCDEFGeee!" CALL NOW

Dead

Bah what crap. Was waiting to get home and relax to download and now back to 50 bucks

"Classroom Edition of Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read is FREE (Regular price is $49.99) for one day only: May 6, 2014"

What part of 8:53pm Pacific time isn't 5/6?

What happened? Still 5/6 and it's back to $49

BenH said:   Awesome - my daughter is a bit too young, but will save for her.

One word of caution: When you download the app you are only getting the first lessons. You have to download each of the other lessons individually. While they are ALL FREE, it isn't clear if the download of the individual lessons will be free today only or not. I suspect, due to the high price of the App, that it includes automatically all lessons and you should probably be free to download them at any time. I am not taking the risk however and downloaded all 12 lessons, and will then back them up to iTunes so that in case the free downloads don't work past today I will have a backup.

A note on usability - it seems the difference between this and the student edition is that this version has all the lessons/activities unlocked by default. But, if you go to the upper right hand settings there is an option to lock the app for a single-user mode. This will allow your child to progress through all the lessons in the correct order.

I'm trying to locate or figure out how to change the settings to lock the app in "single-user mode".   I wasn't able to find any settings icon or option in the upper right corner. 

can anyone help?   Thanks! 

Live again ... It's free right now (wed 5/7 mid-day) .. grab it if you want.
Give me green if you use it now (hoping that folks don't miss it because the "expired" tag on this post).

Mods, please remove the "expired" post tag.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014