• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Credit Card Folding Safety Knife Black
Disclaimer
Amazon has the Credit Card Folding Safety Knife (Black Only) on sale for $1.81 with free shipping.

• Conveniently folds to the size of a credit card to fit in your wallet, pocket or bag
  • Sharp stainless blade w/plastic body
  • Blade edge is protected when stored
  • Knife is ultra thin and lightweight

4.1/5 Stars based on 103 customer reviews on product page.

Ships from China.

Member Summary

knife
Thanks bhansonbot
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
No, but you can tuna fish with it.

m362w (May. 13, 2014 @ 3:11p) |

Thanks OP.

m362w (May. 13, 2014 @ 3:13p) |

Sometimes I wonder if FW deals are the secret cause for things like this: TSA sees surge in credit card knives at airpor... (more)

jdcs (Jul. 06, 2014 @ 10:57p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Ships from China.

Thanks respdoc. Added the info to the OP.

Thanks.  In for 3.

for those interested in this product the blade length is 2.5"; the knife is 5.5" from point to handle.

In for 16 total. 5 for us and 11 for my dad.
Good video review.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLXl5PkJns8

Will this pass airport security check?

Security
Disclaimer
garycook said:   Will this pass airport security check?
  Probably not. Do they check wallets at airports? I know they check women's purses...

Plastic knives are actually exempt per current regulations, but good luck arguing with a stubborn TSA agent. I don't think these existed when that exemption was made, so I'm guessing there will be a new category for this after the first idiot decides to use it to cut into the inflight meal. At least you can afford to toss this in the trash without losing sleep at these prices.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/prohibited-items 
"Knives - except for plastic or round bladed butter knives"

KuoH

Anybody know if this is as good as the name brand version which is .51 cents more? Might as well get the name brand one that was in the youtube video for only .51 cents more right?

Here

Silhouette said:   Anybody know if this is as good as the name brand version which is .51 cents more? Might as well get the name brand one that was in the youtube video for only .51 cents more right?

Here

These reviews are all over the place...not sure on this one.

Read the reviews. Both are China knock offs. Amazon sells the real thing here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008QB68R4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_...

Squonk said:   
Silhouette said:   Anybody know if this is as good as the name brand version which is .51 cents more? Might as well get the name brand one that was in the youtube video for only .51 cents more right?

Here

These reviews are all over the place...not sure on this one.

best bet is probably buy the cheaper one then sharpen it..

These won't pass airport security as they have metal blades, and as a obviously concealed knife, you will not only have the knife taken away but also may have other problems. 

The true Sinclair knife is $10 from Amazon, and all the cheap ones are lousy knockoffs. If you want something like this (I don't know why you would as there are so many better EDC knives) then buy the real one. 

Got 3

But can I gut a deer with this?

Ships in 17-28 business days.

in for 5 thanks Op I have seen them before but the u tube review pushed me over ordered 1 for each adult in the fam

I just got two of these in the mail. Sometimes I hate the ease of impulse buying online. They're junk. Not even worth this asking price. It is strictly a novelty. The knife blade is attached to the plastic frame with nothing but a couple small plastic pegs and glue. The plastic is thinner than a typical DVD case. You couldn't actually USE this knife for anything. Maybe opening envelopes. If you put any pressure on the blade, it'll snap off the plastic frame and probably embed itself in your fingers. I don't know what I expected when I ordered it. But I wish I would have saved my money.

in for 2. thanks

Plastic junk, not worth the price.

try to get in on a plane seriously? get ready for the prostate exam.

Now that's true FW thinking! Who needs to pay an exorbitant rate for a prostate exam at a hospital when they are only $1.81 at the airport?

still using planes? you are prostate exam lover!

Squonk said:   
  Probably not. Do they check wallets at airports? I know they check women's purses...

Never had my wallet checked.  Unless it look damn obvious in the scanners.  Can any TSA agents chime on this? hehe

Never had my wallet checked.  Unless it look damn obvious in the scanners.  Can any TSA agents chime on this? hehe

Have you ever carried a 3" stainless steel blade in your wallet?  Its going to stick out like a sore thumb on xray.  And considering you are concealing it, my guess is you are going to spend quite a bit of time with TSA explaining things if you try to get that through airport security.

I used to carry this in my wallet all the time, and left it there through a TSA checkpoint. The answer is NOOOOOOOOOOPE.

In for one.

There was a big thread on these on SD in March were they were selling from GearBest.com for $.10 with free shipping. Many there didn't order, knowing they were junk. Seems like the rest ordered then after getting decided they were junk.

In for 5. Thanks!

....or just get a real knife

kdbrich said:   But can I gut a deer with this?
  No, but you can tuna fish with it.

Thanks OP.

Sometimes I wonder if FW deals are the secret cause for things like this: TSA sees surge in credit card knives at airports. (The TSA are apparently stumped as to why these knives suddenly got popular.)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014