• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1PK0H78366

• Brand new remote controlled high-gain outdoor antenna
• VHF/UHF full channel with booster
• Support full 360°rotation using the infrared remote controller included in the package
• Capable of aiming at any direction
• Pick up TV signals much better than a regular fixed or rabbit ears antenna
• Easy and convenient installation
• Powerful performance in receiving capability
• Work in any rural or suburban area
• Integrated signal amplifier for minimum signal loss
• Assure you clear images with low noise and good voice
• Solid construction with water-proof capability

Specs:

• Frequency: 45-860 MHz
• Gain: 22-38dB
• Rotation: 360°
• Channel: VHF1-12 UHF21-69
• Impedance: 75 O
• Power: 3W
• Power Supply: AC110V
• Rotation speed: 2-4 rounds/min

Package includes:

• 1 x Main unit (built-in booster)
• 1 x Antenna shelf
• 4 x Reflector support
• 6 x Reflector (F9.5 x 400mm)
• 5 x Director
• 1 x Director support
• 1 x Screw (M3 x 25mm)
• 1 x Nut (M3)
• 4 x Screw (3 x 8mm)
• 1 x Power box (US plug)
• 1 x Remote controller
• 1 x Instruction manual​

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Amazon link for reviews ($32.99 on Amazon) - Link
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I've been asking my husband for a while why can't he connect one of his HAM radio antennas to the tv for more channels. I'll email this to him.

rated:
jbwphoto1 said:   I've been asking my husband for a while why can't he connect one of his HAM radio antennas to the tv for more channels. I'll email this to him.

You can see what channels are possible to get in your area here:

http://www.tvfool.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29

If you already get the ones you want or all of the available ones there may be no need!

rated:
Whenever my husband rescans, the channel name and numbers show up, but no picture or sound. I'll be taking some time with this website. Thanks!

rated:
Too few ratings on Newegg to be meaningful. Visit Amazon.com and search on Esky HG-981 for 250 reviews/ratings before you decide to buy this.  Very good ratings for the antenna.  Very poor ratings for the rotor. Apparently it has a mind of its own. Goes round and round apparently with no logic.

rated:
So according to Amazon's specs if I want to watch a few channels in range from 13 to 20 this antenna will be of no help, correct?

rated:
EvoX2008 said:   So according to Amazon's specs if I want to watch a few channels in range from 13 to 20 this antenna will be of no help, correct?
  That would be an ignorant understanding of how "channels" work on VHF and UHF and what they translate to on your television. No...this will likely work just fine for anything broadcast in your area (unless you're too far from the tower and need a larger antenna). Many antennas are UHF only, but many cities have one or two major stations broadcasting on VHF so it's often necessary to get an antenna (like this one) that covers both.

rated:
DirtCheapDad said:   
EvoX2008 said:   So according to Amazon's specs if I want to watch a few channels in range from 13 to 20 this antenna will be of no help, correct?
  That would be an ignorant understanding of how "channels" work on VHF and UHF and what they translate to on your television. No...this will likely work just fine for anything broadcast in your area (unless you're too far from the tower and need a larger antenna). Many antennas are UHF only, but many cities have one or two major stations broadcasting on VHF so it's often necessary to get an antenna (like this one) that covers both.

• Channels VHF1-12 UHF21-69 (real)
  • According to TVFool I have 3 real channels (which are in close proximity) in range 13-20. The info seems legit enough to say that I'll be missing out at least those 3 channels, no?

rated:
I get about 40 OTA channels with my $40 Radio Shack antenna (probably 25 unique ones). This looked good for the rotator since I could pick up another 10 or so if I could turn the antenna. But the reviews are keeping me away.

rated:
looks like good deal, in for 1

rated:
DirtCheapDad said:   

Lets try to hold back on the name calling.  It's a reasonable question.

rated:
I'm still debating if I should get this. Nothing really worth watching on TV. All the programs are trash. Even the News are not worth watching.

Made up my mind, pass.

rated:
After doing some searching on the net, I found that this antenna has a range of about 30 miles. That's a deal killer for me.  If I lived closer to any stations, I'd be all over this.

rated:
deal ends today

rated:
Thanks for posting this, OP.

Like someone stated above, the range seems to be poor. The remote movability/rotation feature is a great concept. Seriously, if I can ever find the spare time, I'm gonna finally try to create one of the DYI antennas that are featured here:

http://www.instructables.com/howto/tv+antenna

rated:
If any of the above posters is worried about range, I have used a DB-4 for years now and my "local" transmitters are 54 miles away. Now I know that YMMV due to hills/valleys/mountains but I find that to be incredible! I think that DB-4 is a generic AND model name of antennas that all have the basic same design and should be easy enough to find on Amazon.

rated:
All of these similar style antennas have overblown specs with low quality amps. Also the rotator is nothing like the old school dial control where you could mark each channel/location. There are two buttons that spin the antenna depending on how long you hold it down. So basically you have to get lucky to hit the correct spot. If your tvfool.com report shows a station as LOS(line of sight) then this antenna may work for you. Ignore any mileage claims because they don't mean anything if you live in a deep valley or behind a mountain that blocks the signal.

rated:
$36.99 now

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014