• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Looks like Lowe's is clearing out several models of their Black and Decker string trimmers (see earlier posts on a 36v and 18v model). Found a 20v lithium ion 20v cordless string trimmer with included sweeper for $43.86 at the Waldorf, Md. store. YMMV on stock and price so be sure to check around. 
Lowe's item #146095 
Trimmer model LCC220
Sweeper/blower LSW20
I've seen other trimmers that allow you to swap out the trimmer for a sweeper attachment but this deal includes an entirely separate sweeper.
Two 20v max li-ion batteries and smart charger included (worth the price alone).
I've not had luck getting my direct link to Lowe's to work so I've included the link to similar combo on Amazon.
Sweeten the deal with the Lowe's 10 percent off coupon found in other posts or buy some extra string and use the $10 off $50 code.
If you search for B&D trimmers at Lowe's online, keep changing stores to come up with other models that may be on clearance. You may stumble upon something else that suits you better than the deals getting posted here.

Attempted link to Lowe's

Trimmer/blower combo on Amazon

Lowe's
See Lowe's promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Lowe's Black and Decker 20v li-ion string trimmer/sweeper combo
Thanks zimphella
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
My area in SoCal was sold out but I printed out a screenshot was able to PM ($87 to $43) at a location that had in stock... (more)

optical (May. 15, 2014 @ 11:38p) |

They still have them at the Short Pump store. I picked one up (5/16 @ noon)today for $48.

beandana (May. 16, 2014 @ 2:18p) |

I bought one when the deal was first posted.  Love the product (my 8-year-old son can use the trimmer and my 6 year old ... (more)

heathiopian (May. 21, 2014 @ 8:21a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

checked Raleigh NC and shows $129; so you have a great deal

bobn27613 said:   checked Raleigh NC and shows $129; so you have a great deal

Same here in Wichita, KS

Showing this price in NJ, but no stock anywhere...

Just picked up one in New Orleans. Thanks!

Got it... thanks

Just ordered the last one in the Richmond, VA area. Let's see if the store actually has it.

$90 in SF Bay Area

$87.72 around Atlanta

$129 in PA

Thanks for the deal. $129 at the store near my home, but $43.86 at the store near my workplace .

Picked up 2, just for the batteries.

Green for OP

NOTE: The combo at Lowe's is the LCC220 model with 2 batteries. The Amazon link in the OP goes to the LCC420 model with a single high-capacity battery.
The LCC220 uses the LBXR20 batteries 1.5 Amp-hour capacity. The LCC420 has a 4.0 A-h capacity.
The LBXR20 battery sells for $49.99 by itself, $89.99 (2-pack) at Lowes.

i have been using both of these items for a couple years now. they both work really well, and the lith-ion batteries last a nice long time.

thanks for this post geezlouise. I was so excited to get in on the deal but its not valid in my area. thanks anyway

weird.. pricing at different locations..

$129 on-line here in N. Texas; I have to stop there anyway on the way home, so we'll see if I'm surprised.

hokial said:   Just ordered the last one in the Richmond, VA area. Let's see if the store actually has it.
  Not true.  The Short Pump location has 75 and I just picked one up.

Incredibledealmaker said:   $90 in SF Bay Area

Looks like there are 11 left for $90 in South San Francisco.  Long shot, but anybody know if Lowe's will price match?  Their Fremont location has it for $43 but all out of stock.

Amazon > Black Decker Items over $50 come with instant coupon for $10 OFF. Got the Bare tool 20v chainsaw for $67 shipped with tax

Thanks for the post OP. Just wanted to mention that Lowes website is not most accurate on inventory as I checked out a nearby store just for kicks and scored on the LST136 model for around $57 which is the 36V version. Online showed it as not available but they had several in store. The 20V unit metioned here was not in store.

peterl1365 said:   Thanks for the deal. $129 at the store near my home, but $43.86 at the store near my workplace .

Picked up 2, just for the batteries.

Green for OP

NOTE: The combo at Lowe's is the LCC220 model with 2 batteries. The Amazon link in the OP goes to the LCC420 model with a single high-capacity battery.
The LCC220 uses the LBXR20 batteries 1.5 Amp-hour capacity. The LCC420 has a 4.0 A-h capacity.
The LBXR20 battery sells for $49.99 by itself, $89.99 (2-pack) at Lowes.

Thanks for pointing out the distinction in the batteries. I saw that the model number of the trimmer was different, hence my posting that the Amazon link was to a "similar" combo.
I was in a rush to post the deal before leaving for work and did not have time to read through the fine print to note the difference in the two models.
Picked up my order about an hour ago and saw several other B&D trimmers (both this and the 36v one) in the hold area so at least some folks in the DC/MD are able to get in on the deal.

Looked at different cities, and finally scored one nearby for the OP's price. Just bought one at HD for 80 with only one battery. Going to return that one. This is a much better deal. THanks OP

WVBOSSFAN said:   Thanks for the post OP. Just wanted to mention that Lowes website is not most accurate on inventory as I checked out a nearby store just for kicks and scored on the LST136 model for around $57 which is the 36V version. Online showed it as not available but they had several in store. The 20V unit metioned here was not in store.

Thanks for the heads up.
I will check out my local Lowe's first next time since the Lowe's I ended up getting this from is not very convenient for me - there are about 10 others that are closer.
But very strange and inconsistent pricing even with stores within a few miles of each other..go figure...

Not available in MI

heathiopian said:   
hokial said:   Just ordered the last one in the Richmond, VA area. Let's see if the store actually has it.
  Not true.  The Short Pump location has 75 and I just picked one up.

Thanks for the correction.  I live in chesterfield county and the list of stores that came up from my zip code did not include the short pump one. My order from the Chesterfield Towne Center store got canceled, so I might make the trek all the way to the short pump store.

Thanks, OP. Store near work was ~$90. Alternate was just $50!

I bought this at Home Depot last month for $99 and they dropped the price to $79 this week and was able to get a price adjustment.

$129 in Nashville area.

Glad I jumped on this deal early this morning. This combo is sold out almost everywhere in Southern California (although I admit I didn't check EVERY store).

The stores that still have stock have them listed at the higher prices, ranging from $87 to $129.   I wonder if people are having success getting stores to pricematch other locations that are out of stock.

Anyway, thanks again to the OP for posting this deal.

My area in SoCal was sold out but I printed out a screenshot was able to PM ($87 to $43) at a location that had in stock. Don't call and ask as they will turn you down. Just show up and request a PM AT THE CASHIER NOT AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK. That was the only way I got it to work!

This is a hot deal!  

They still have them at the Short Pump store. I picked one up (5/16 @ noon)today for $48.

beandana said:   They still have them at the Short Pump store. I picked one up (5/16 @ noon)today for $48.
  I bought one when the deal was first posted.  Love the product (my 8-year-old son can use the trimmer and my 6 year old daughter can use the blower).  Posted on here that there were plenty left at the Short Pump store.  People didn't jump on it.  Bought four to part out on eBay (batteries go for $30, charger for $20 and then you've still got the tools to sell).  Gave people more of a chance to buy.  Several days went by and then said screw it and bought the last 16 they had today.  I think it's funny that this was voted an "expired deal" while I continued buying them.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014