• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
Staples
See Staples promo codes that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

Brother MFC-J470dw (14.25kB)
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
That's encouraging. I'm buying this machine.

rockymast (May. 19, 2014 @ 1:46p) |

Thanks for the IT support I'm traveling right now but I'll give it another shot once I'm home. I've definitely attempte... (more)

Yuyak (May. 19, 2014 @ 2:14p) |

Great find picked one up thank you

elvato (May. 20, 2014 @ 11:45a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I wonder if can place a kiosk order and then use the 20% office/tech coupon at store?

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   http://www.staples.com/Brother-MFC-J470dw-Color-Inkjet-All-in-On...
  MistC - Do you know if the ink for this printer is expensive?

rated:
niniss said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   http://www.staples.com/Brother-MFC-J470dw-Color-Inkjet-All-in-On...

it (their generics) are much cheaper than say, HP inks, but not as cheap as the dirt cheap LC75 or other series inks on the printers seen on FW about 1-2 years ago.

rated:
niniss said:   I wonder if can place a kiosk order and then use the 20% office/tech coupon at store?

if that coupon is valid on Printers, then you s/b ok, plus stores have this model in stock too, can just PM the website, use 20% off.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
niniss said:   

it (their generics) are much cheaper than say, HP inks, but not as cheap as the dirt cheap LC75 or other series inks on the printers seen on FW about 1-2 years ago.

Yeah, I was hoping to see that one (LC75).  Do you think they discontinued it?

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
niniss said:   I wonder if can place a kiosk order and then use the 20% office/tech coupon at store?

if that coupon is valid on Printers, then you s/b ok, plus stores have this model in stock too, can just PM the website, use 20% off.

One of the AM in my local store told me they don't PM their online price, so I generally try to avoid that, unfortunately. 

rated:
niniss said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
niniss said:   

I know they did, the J470 is the updated version of the J430/435. Posted deals for that model all the time and pushed the cheap ink aspect.

But this is the next best thing now.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
niniss said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
niniss said:   

I know they did, the J470 is the updated version of the J430/435. Posted deals for that model all the time and pushed the cheap ink aspect.

But this is the next best thing now.

ok, thanks for the info.

rated:
Thank you MISTERCHEAP.
Informative thread.
I swear I'm going to buy that next cheap monochrome that takes toner.

rated:
See below

rated:
  What coupon is that? Can you post a PDF?

rated:
JetSetter said:   

coupon is in the OP of the weekly Staples thread posted by me.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
JetSetter said:   

I am not able to find it - can you please post the link - I only was able to find the Staples Clearance thread...thanks

rated:
JetSetter said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
JetSetter said:   

I am not able to find it - can you please post the link - I only was able to find the Staples Clearance thread...thanks

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1363902/

here, but I highly doubt the 20% Q will work on printers. you can try...nothing to lose.

rated:
Staples site sucks. Went to order this and it shows $60 the whole way until the final checkout where it makes the price of 99.99 plus tax right before you click "submit order". Effectively removing the discount noted as it being sale of the day. Luckily I caught myself before pressing submit cause last thing I want to be doing tonight as I am winding down here is calling some customer center where i will get some highly skilled individual who will resolve all my issues effortlessly and within seconds of answering after I had been on hold listening to that lovely elevator music for a mere 3.5 seconds. right...

rated:
idrobnjak said:   Staples site sucks. Went to order this and it shows $60 the whole way until the final checkout where it makes the price of 99.99 plus tax right before you click "submit order". Effectively removing the discount noted as it being sale of the day. Luckily I caught myself before pressing submit cause last thing I want to be doing tonight as I am winding down here is calling some customer center where i will get some highly skilled individual who will resolve all my issues effortlessly and within seconds of answering after I had been on hold listening to that lovely elevator music for a mere 3.5 seconds. right...

It shows as $99.99 but adds a coupon for $40 automatically - so it's really still $59.99.... I just did mine right now - and it showed as I described. 

rated:
Clone cartridges are available on ePay for pretty cheap, an eight pack (two of each color) for $16-20.
Nice value printer for home use.

rated:
Price of LC103 is starting to come down.

http://www.amazon.com/Multifunction-MFC-J4310DW-MFC-J4410DW-MFC-J4510DW-MFC-J4610DW/dp/B00H89X346/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400476189&sr=8-1&keywords=lc103

rated:
As I mentioned, way cheaper on eBay and from a reputable seller that I have purchased from many time before...
8 pack for $15.98 delivered...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121276048439

rated:
I bought the j430 model for around $50 a year or so ago but I have to say I've been fairly disappointed. The scanner only works about 5% of the time and the rest of the time it just loses connection with my PC (connected by USB) and the software crashes often. Maybe my bad luck but based on my experience I can't recommend it.

rated:
Yuyak said:   I bought the j430 model for around $50 a year or so ago but I have to say I've been fairly disappointed. The scanner only works about 5% of the time and the rest of the time it just loses connection with my PC (connected by USB) and the software crashes often. Maybe my bad luck but based on my experience I can't recommend it.
  Brother aio software does not play well on older computers.  Same is true for canon, epson, and most if all Hewlett Packard.  If installing on an old PC I would recommend installing it as a printer only and skip the proprietary scanner software and OCR software.  Just use windows fax and scan that is built into windows vista/7/8.

rated:
fatgempler said:   
Yuyak said:   I bought the j430 model for around $50 a year or so ago but I have to say I've been fairly disappointed. The scanner only works about 5% of the time and the rest of the time it just loses connection with my PC (connected by USB) and the software crashes often. Maybe my bad luck but based on my experience I can't recommend it.
  Brother aio software does not play well on older computers.  Same is true for canon, epson, and most if all Hewlett Packard.  If installing on an old PC I would recommend installing it as a printer only and skip the proprietary scanner software and OCR software.  Just use windows fax and scan that is built into windows vista/7/8.

Interesting - what classifies as an older computer - OS? hardware? This is on a win8.1 machine, but the motherboard/cpu is getting on the older side (AMD phenom II 1055T). All other components have been upgraded/updated in the last year or two.

rated:

I have an older model J410w and it works perfectly fine with winXP AND Win7 and Win 8 and Mac and Linux for all functions ( with XP I have tried only with usb cable).
I downloaded the latest brother drivers and software from their website.
The older models are winners hands down - Amazon or Meritline.com has 5 pack ink cartridges for $5 which comes on sale even less - with reyclying at Staples you almost get paid for the ink !!
- printed at least a couple of thousand sheets over 2 years and its going quite strong.  The scanner can send scans to email and works great.
Photos in photo paper are quite good - may not be excellent compared to epson/canon but I gave up on these for severe clogging issues with costly inks - also newer brother models may be far better for photos.
No wonder older models are still selling in eBay/Amazon for super high prices.
The newer models including this post uses ink cartridges with chips which are costlier - almost three times as costly as older ones - shame on Brother for going the route of other companies.
Brother printers have proved well for quality and though ink cost is now higher it is not still better than other vendors and with recycling at Staples cost can be kept down.

rated:

Yuyak;18491335 said:
fatgempler said:   

Interesting - what classifies as an older computer - OS? hardware? This is on a win8.1 machine, but the motherboard/cpu is getting on the older side (AMD phenom II 1055T). All other components have been upgraded/updated in the last year or two.

A phenom ii 1055t machine should be able to handle anything you throw at it.  But the mention of windows 8 and purchasing 'last year' make me thing you have some compatibility issue with the software that came bundled with the printer at that time and the original windows 8 release.  I suggest contacting brither.  They probably have both a firmware update for you model printer as well as a new software suite fir windows 8.

Edit: Looked for you but could not find a model j430 on brothers support site.  Look up your model number and visit 
http://www.brother-usa.com/Support/ 

Edut 2:  ahhh. You probably mean mfc-j430W... And there is an uninstall tool, a firmware update, and download of the suite of software available.  I suspect you got caught with buggy software as you were an early adopter of windows 8.  Good luck.

rated:
fatgempler said:   Clone cartridges are available on ePay for pretty cheap, an eight pack (two of each color) for $16-20.
Nice value printer for home use.

That's encouraging. I'm buying this machine.

rated:
fatgempler said:   

Yuyak;18491335 said:
fatgempler said:   

A phenom ii 1055t machine should be able to handle anything you throw at it.  But the mention of windows 8 and purchasing 'last year' make me thing you have some compatibility issue with the software that came bundled with the printer at that time and the original windows 8 release.  I suggest contacting brither.  They probably have both a firmware update for you model printer as well as a new software suite fir windows 8.

Edit: Looked for you but could not find a model j430 on brothers support site.  Look up your model number and visit 
http://www.brother-usa.com/Support/ 

Edut 2:  ahhh. You probably mean mfc-j430W... And there is an uninstall tool, a firmware update, and download of the suite of software available.  I suspect you got caught with buggy software as you were an early adopter of windows 8.  Good luck.

Thanks for the IT support I'm traveling right now but I'll give it another shot once I'm home. I've definitely attempted a few driver/firmware updates a while ago, but gave up and haven't tried anything recently. And yes, I do mean mfc-j430w - sorry for the confusion.

rated:
Great find picked one up thank you

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014