Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

All-Clad
Disclaimer
Heads up everyone, I just got the email today.  Time to pick up some stockpots and finally toss the rest of my non-stick coated stuff!
Email Text: said: "Our VIP Sale is back and even bigger with an expanded assortment of over 80 products. Choose items from our most popular collections handcrafted in the USA for uncompromising culinary performance. We're also offering products from KRUPS, a leader in superlative coffee and espresso machines."

http://www.allcladvipfactorysale.com

Once the "Password" or direct link is sent out I'll post it for everyone.  For your mathematical enjoyment, I pasted a table of the pricing for the sale items from the January sale below.  The rows are split by type of cookware, and the columns are split by each of their series (Stainless, d5 brushed, and Copper Core).  Unfortunately the color coding on discount % didn't carry over from my excel sheet.

EDIT: If you are new to All-Clad sales, please see the informative post by Fis below.  Thanks!

EDIT2: The password is MYVIP614  Happy shopping!

Item  SS Reg   SS Sale  % Disc  d5 Reg   d5 Sale  % Disc  Cu Reg   Cu Sale  %Disc
Fry Pans/Skillets                  
8" Fry Pan  $    95.00  $    59.99 37%  $  120.00  $    79.99 33%  $  150.00  $    89.99 40%
9" Skillet  $    79.99  $    64.99 19%            
10" Fry Pan  $  115.00  $    69.99 39%        $  210.00  $    99.99 52%
11" Skillet  $    99.99  $    69.99 30%            
12" Fry Pan  $  155.00  $    79.99 48%        $  250.00  $  129.00 48%

Saute Pans                  
3 Qt Saute Pan  $  225.00  $    99.99 56%  $  290.00  $  109.00 62%  $  340.00  $  179.99 47%
4 Qt Saute Pan  $  245.00  $  129.99 47%        $  385.00  $  189.99 51%
6 Qt Saute Pan  $  295.00  $  149.00 49%        $  530.00  $  199.99 62%

Sauce Pans                  
Butter Warmer  $    69.99  $    54.99 21%        $  140.00  $    79.99 43%
1.5 Qt Sauce Pan  $    89.99  $    69.99 22%  $  114.99  $    89.99 22%      
2 Qt Sauce Pan  $  165.00  $    89.99 45%        $  260.00  $  159.99 38%
2 Qt Saucier  $  145.00  $    89.99 38%            
2.5 Qt Windsor  $  170.00  $    89.99 47%            
3Qt Sauce Pan  $  185.00  $    99.00 46%        $  330.00  $  179.99 45%
3.5 Qt Sauce Pan  $  139.99  $  104.99 25%            
4 Qt Sauce Pan              $  375.00  $  199.99 47%

Pots/Casseroles                  
3 Qt Casserole  $  180.00  $    89.99 50%            
4 Qt Casserole              $  335.00  $  149.00 56%
6 Qt Stockpot  $  270.00  $  109.00 60%            
7 Qt Stockpot  $  295.00  $  119.00 60%            
8 Qt Stockpot  $  320.00  $  129.00 60%  $  420.00  $  199.99 52%  $  460.00  $  199.99 57%

Other Crazy Stuff                  
14" Wok  $  200.00  $  109.99 45%        $  299.00  $  179.99 40%
Weeknight Pan  $  179.00  $  119.99 33%            
6 Qt French Braiser  $  249.00  $  139.99 44%            
Chef's Pan              $  375.00  $  199.99 47%
Oval Roaster              $  500.00  $  199.99 60%

Member Summary

allclad
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I was going to order the copper core 8 qt stockpot but I didn't  Glad I waited because I just bought a new one from Amaz... (more)

98f150 (Jun. 12, 2014 @ 5:07a) |

Don't let the term 'seconds' fool you.  There may be a slight cosmetic flaw (the logo stamped crooked, a tiny scuff, etc... (more)

mrdjman (Jun. 12, 2014 @ 9:04a) |

I bought two items from the VIP sale.  Now the question will they email me letting me know it shipped?  I have not heard... (more)

98f150 (Jun. 12, 2014 @ 2:30p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

For those who think that this cookware is overpriced, think again! I urge you to try it (especially the stuff that's NOT non-stick), as it's a huge upgrade from cheap cookware and will last a lifetime. If you cook on a regular basis then All-Clad is great! This stuff is top of the line cookware for home cooks.

Outstanding post. Well done.

For what it's worth, this is usually a great sale on the world's best skillets. A few things to note:

1) These "seconds" generally have a small inconsequential mark. They are as good as the products you'd buy from Williams Sonoma or your local department store.

2) The prices are mostly great, but not 100% of them, so search FW to be sure. For example, the 3 quart sauté' pan is currently $79.99 at Bloomingdales and was recently on a special buy at Bed Bath & Beyond for $69.99 -- significantly less than the $99.99 price above, but the 12" skillet at $79.99 is at least $20 cheaper than any discount price you'll ever find from a retailer.

3) General consensus is that All-Clad nonstick, if they have it, is not worth it. Nonsticks don't last forever. Go with an inexpensive Tramontina for your nonstick and replace every few years when they start to fail.

4) The basic All-Clad Stainless (SS) line is both the best value AND the highest rated for overall performance. The D5 adds a brushed appearance -- only relevant if you prefer the appearances and display your polished pans on a hanging rack. The Master Chef (copper core instead of aluminum) skillets spread heat slightly faster but Cooks Illustrated testers preferred the performance of the cheaper SS Stainless line.

5) Because somebody is going to ask, these pans are vastly superior to the cheap Emeril by All-Clad pans you see on FW all the time (not to mention any other brand available). Some of those pans are fine for what you pay for, but they are thinner, they do not dissipate heat evenly or across the full cooking surface, and they have significantly smaller cooking surfaces for the same size pan (yes all 10" skillets are not the same size -- it's about the slope of the sides). 

6) Don't go too small. The 12" fry pan is the single most useful pan you can own. If you cook one pot meals, the weeknight pan is a monster, and highly versatile.

Fis said:   Outstanding post. Well done.

For what it's worth, this is usually a great sale on the world's best skillets. A few things to note:

I wish I could green this post at least 10,000 times.

One thing to note though, is that I did buy the d5 Saute pan last time (since it was only $10 more).  While I didn't care about the brushed appearance, the extra two layers do seem to do a good job for food prep that is super sensitive to even heating (not to suggest that the Stainless line is at all uneven).  Honestly, would I have noticed this over the regular Stainless line though?  Probably not 99.9% of the time.

And to add a couple suggestions on cleaning:

7) Clean these soon after you are done cooking (or eating), and use a towel to dry them off thoroughly.  Not only does the food come off easily, drying them will prevent water spots/stains from forming on the cooking surface.  If there is any food caked on that you can't seem to get off, pour some water in the pan, heat it up, and scrape it off with a spatula.  It should be easy at this point.

8) For any spots/stains/discoloration, buy some Barkeeper's Friend powder from your local hardware store, should be around $2 for 21 oz (cheaper than Amazon).  Use this per the directions and your pan should look brand new within minutes.

In for a 12" SS

If you're fortunate enough to live within driving distance of Washington, PA...to attend the actual sale on June 6-7 is the BEST way to save...you can get up to 75%-80% off retail pricing...and the selection is HUGE...many more pieces than the VIP sale...but if not close enough, the VIP is still fairly decent.

Can someone explain to me why All Clad is soooo costly? Even if I buy a new 8" skillet every 4 years it'll take me approximately 16 years to just recover the cost and I don't think All Clad or otherwise will last me 16 years.

DO NOT BUY ALL CLAD NON_STICK its crap and they will not stand behind it. I stopped buying All Clad due to this. Otherwise its fantastic, I have a few "seconds' can't tell after a few uses, usually a small dimple or something. Often can find first quality specials or on eBay for better pricing.

bm040440 said:   Can someone explain to me why All Clad is soooo costly? Even if I buy a new 8" skillet every 4 years it'll take me approximately 16 years to just recover the cost and I don't think All Clad or otherwise will last me 16 years.
  If you don't know the difference, you're probably better off with restaurant supply store stock.  You'll burn more stuff and you generally won't get as good of a result.  If it's stainless it will be thinner and will get banged up if you use it hard.  If it's aluminum it will pit and corrode.  Both ways you'll spend longer on cleanup.  Both will warp which presents its own set of problems.  But you will save money in the short term, and since you don't know the difference you probably won't miss it.

BTW, I've had my All Clad pans for about 20 years now and I use the bejebus out of them.  They are still going strong and work just as well as the day I bought them.  They will probably outlast me and possibly my kids.  If they were stolen tomorrow, I'd buy another set.

how do i get on their email list?

But eagerly await OP link.

Anybody has any opinion on the weight of the copper core cookware? I find that the 4 qt saute pan was used sparingly simply because it is too heavy to move around.

I have the copper core line...and yep...they can be monsters to move (especially, of course, the larger sizes)...but the loop handle helps for sure.  They're 2-hand pans, but boy, do they heat nicely.  The basic SS line is probably more than sufficient for most folks - the only reason I have the copper core is that the g/f bought my first pot a few years back, and that's what she chose to buy...so I wanted to match.  She can't complain, because she uses the stuff more than I do

The in person sale is also at Crate in Greentree, Pittsburgh.

http://www.cratecook.com/calendar2014/2014AllCladSale.jpg

My girlfriend raves about this stuff and tells me I need to get a set, but of course she's out of town this weekend so I am going to be sooo lost...

bm040440 said:   Can someone explain to me why All Clad is soooo costly? Even if I buy a new 8" skillet every 4 years it'll take me approximately 16 years to just recover the cost and I don't think All Clad or otherwise will last me 16 years.

It's the same thing with Burberry scarves.  They cost $375 yet people buy them instead of buying the $5 Pashima knock-off.  That would take you 80 years to recover the cost if you bought a new knock off once per year.

Two reasons:  First, performance.  They heat evenly and quickly with no hot and cold spots. 

Second: durability.  You are absolutely wrong that they won't last 16 years.  I have numerous pieces that are 15-20 years old, and there's no reason they won't last the rest of my life.  Or my kid's life for that matter.

Also note that these are made in the USA.  That's worth something, at least to me.

Thanks,  horspowr1001 !

bm040440, i was thinking the same way as you do before i got myself one at Macy's clearance. now i wish i can own more. it browns better than other stainless steel brand, and it does not leave any color change mark under high heat like other did (Calphalon stainless, etc).

mrdjman said:   If you're fortunate enough to live within driving distance of Washington, PA...to attend the actual sale on June 6-7 is the BEST way to save...you can get up to 75%-80% off retail pricing...and the selection is HUGE...many more pieces than the VIP sale...but if not close enough, the VIP is still fairly decent.

Can u give some more details on this please? How does this work? Is it kind of open lot sale? Do they have showroom  sales office? Thanks.

Refurbed pots, yummy. Green for product and price.

I bought a 10 piece set of All-Clad "Master Chef" almost 30 ago and they are still going strong and looking good.
  They were not cheap then either but the quality then as now was well above the fray.
  The Master Chef line were just plain aluminum on the outside with un-chromed handles and stainless on the inside.  They replaced those with the Master Chef 2 with chrome handles.  
  The Master Chef line are not only the value leaders of All-Clad but arguably the best product they make as the walls are thicker than any other model.  The Stainless Steal ("SS" per above chart) have slightly thinner walls.
  But all of the All-Clad products share the same high build quality and fundamentally the same features.
  The aluminum core of the pans are very thick and heat evenly which is something you will not get from cheap pans like Farberware or Revereware (good pans but need to be stirred more frequently due to uneven heating).
  The stainless steel finish is virtually indestructible.  I have unintentionally boiled things away on the saucepans on more than one occasion, even once came back to a pan that was glowing red, yet I was able to remove the burnt on food (with major effort) and get the pan looking new again.  Any other pan would have to be thrown out after that.
  Also, All-Clad have stay cool handles that actually work.  You will not need an oven mitt to pick up an All-Clad saucepan handle.  Others like Cusinart appears to copy the look of the All-Clad handles but they failed in making them stay cool.  I don't know if any other brand actually have stay cool handles as many seem to be simply be putting silicone coverings on their handles which I suspect gets narly looking after some use.
  Plus they just feel good and sturdy.
  Hope that helps answer why some people choose spending something like $600 for a set when they could get some other set for $60.  But when you amortize it over time these are a bargain. 
  However, in 30 years time we all may be getting our food out of food replicators like they had on Star Trek the Next Generation and you will not need any pans then.

ps. the best value on a set of All-Clad is the Maset Chef 2 from Broadway Panhandler  $500 gets you a 8" fry pan, 10" fry pan, 1.5 qt sauce pan with lid, 3.5 sauce pan with lid, 3 qt saute pan with lid, and 8qt stock pot with lid.
At the "factory sale' using the SS pricing this come to well over $500 not including the lids... 8" fry pan ($60), 10" fry pan ($70), 1.5 qt sauce pan ($70) with lid ($? for lid), 3.5 sauce pan ($105) with lid ($? for lid), 3 qt saute pan ($100) with lid ($? for lid), and 8qt stock pot ($130) with lid ($? for lid).

http://www.broadwaypanhandler.com/All-Clad-MC2-10-Piece-Cookware...

Fis said:   Outstanding post. Well done.

1) These "seconds" generally have a small inconsequential mark. They are as good as the products you'd buy from Williams Sonoma or your local department store.

2) The prices are mostly great, but not 100% of them, so search FW to be sure. For example, the 3 quart sauté' pan was recently on a special buy at Bed Bath & Beyond for $69.99 -- significantly less than the $99.99 price above, but the 12" skillet at $79.99 is at least $20 cheaper than any discount price you'll ever find from a retailer.

3) General consensus is that All-Clad nonstick, if they have it, is not worth it. Nonsticks don't last forever. Go with an inexpensive Tramontina for your nonstick and replace every few years when they start to fail.

4) The basic All-Clad Stainless line is both the best value AND the highest rated for overall performance. The D5 adds a brushed appearance -- only relevant if you prefer the appearances and display your polished pans on a hanging rack. The Copper-core skillets spread heat slightly faster but Cooks Illustrated testers preferred the performance of the cheaper Stainless line.

5) Because somebody is going to ask, these pans are vastly superior to the cheap Emeril by All-Clad pans you see on FW all the time. Those pans are fine for what you pay for, but they are thinner, they do not dissipate heat evenly or across the full cooking surface, and they have significantly smaller cooking surfaces for the same size pan (yes all 10" skillets are not the same size -- it's about the slope of the sides).

6) Don't go too small. The 12" fry pan is the single most useful pan you can own. If you cook one pot meals, the weeknight pan is a monster, and highly versatile.

Are any of these any good for a crappy electric stovetop (the flat ones)?  My heating elemant isn't even 12 inches across...
I'd love a 12" pan if it would fully heat the entire thing - and not just a spot in the middle.

steve1jr said:   Are any of these any good for a crappy electric stovetop (the flat ones)?  My heating elemant isn't even 12 inches across...
I'd love a 12" pan if it would fully heat the entire thing - and not just a spot in the middle.

If your heating elements are uneven/too small, these pans will probably be even moreso worth it for you.  

Any info about how to get on the email list?

plainview said:   Any info about how to get on the email list?
  I ended up on the list from when I ordered.  However, try signing up at this link, as well as making an account through their login page.  Hopefully this works for you guys!

http://www.all-clad.com/Pages/E-News.aspx

You got me.  My set of copper bottom Revere Ware is still going strong. Probably paid $100 for the set about 20 years ago and have a few pieces inherited from my mother that are probably 50 years old.  I don't get it.  And yes, I am a serious home cook. 

SenthilJ said:   
mrdjman said:   If you're fortunate enough to live within driving distance of Washington, PA...to attend the actual sale on June 6-7 is the BEST way to save...you can get up to 75%-80% off retail pricing...and the selection is HUGE...many more pieces than the VIP sale...but if not close enough, the VIP is still fairly decent.

Can u give some more details on this please? How does this work? Is it kind of open lot sale? Do they have showroom  sales office? Thanks.

Here is info on the sale from The Kitchen Whisperer:  http://www.thekitchenwhisperer.net/2014/04/10/all-clad-factory-s... 

The sale is held inside a building at the Washington County Fairgrounds in Washington, PA.  Their corporate office is not too far away in Canonsburg, PA.   Be prepared to stand in line and wait, as they only allow a limited number in the building at one time.

dcwilbur said:   
You got me.  My set of copper bottom Revere Ware is still going strong. Probably paid $100 for the set about 20 years ago and have a few pieces inherited from my mother that are probably 50 years old.  I don't get it.  And yes, I am a serious home cook. 

And those Revere Ware pots are pretty darn nice...especially if you paid $100 20 yrs ago; my great aunt had a small Revere Ware pot that she made noodles in that produced the best I have eaten (by far) .  But if you tried to buy the same brand Revere Ware copper-bottom pots now you'd probably be shocked at how crappy they are.  They're $75 for a set now, 20 years later.  If you want to buy something that will last anywhere near as long as your pots have, you're going to have to spend a lot more money.  Maybe not All-Clad money but something a lot higher than $75 for a set.

awesome can't wait to spend my $ on this one!

Why would you want to do that? Well-made products that do not wear out are great, regardless of how much cheaper it would be to buy 4 replacement pans. Why create extra waste? We're not talking about a drill or drill bit that has a finite lifespan.

clb4g9 said:   
dcwilbur said:   

And those Revere Ware pots are pretty darn nice...especially if you paid $100 20 yrs ago; my great aunt had a small Revere Ware pot that she made noodles in that produced the best I have eaten (by far) .  But if you tried to buy the same brand Revere Ware copper-bottom pots now you'd probably be shocked at how crappy they are.  They're $75 for a set now, 20 years later.  If you want to buy something that will last anywhere near as long as your pots have, you're going to have to spend a lot more money.  Maybe not All-Clad money but something a lot higher than $75 for a set.

Nothing is made as well as it was years ago.  I have a few Revere Ware pots from back in the day that I still use, but anything now is crap compared to then.  Even the Emeril Ware stuff is more cheaply made than just a few years back.  The All-Clad is extremely well made (at least the stuff made in this country which is just about everything but the non-stick and the kitchen tools), and is the type of thing that you can pass down for a long time to come.  Some folks just don't want to spend the $ and that's fine...there's no convincing them.  I can only speak for myself, and I really like mine...and the prices at the actual sale are well worth it.

Don't buy the non stick as they don't honor the warranty without jumping through hoops but the rest kicks ass. The warranty on the nonstick is good until you realize what it takes for them to honor it. The regular stuff is great. I lost 2 12" non sticks to the trash because the warranty process sucked beyond belief

I buy my pans at garage sales.

I have a reason for posting against this thread - twice. All things said and done - AC is expensive but great quality. I don't think anyone criticizes that part. I have a close friend who is like 20 min away from where the sale will be so was deeply interested. Visited Macys today and spoke to quite a large number of friends. Without going into specifics I came to 1 conclusion - there's this line: Cuisinart Multiclad Pro , which is equal to AC in all aspects, i.e. material, heat retention, etc., etc. but at almost 1/3rd the cost. Much research reveals its primarily where manufactured is the root cause for the almost all of the price jump. So the end factor is Made in USA. To each his own, but I think I'll pass.

Cuisinart is good, but I have a few issues with the design - the lip at the edge of the bottom does make it more of a pain to clean, among other things. 

And, there is a balance in AllClad for the handle that I find much easier to deal with. 

Marshalls and TJ Maxx often have All Clads seconds.  Not a huge selection - primarily a small selection of skillets and sauce pans.  Recently they also had roti pans in stainless finish and some utensils (slotted spoons, whisks, etc.).

Yep...TJ's just had the Spaghetti fork (which I've never seen at the sale unless you buy the entire utensil set), and a number of different size pots & the roti pan (made in China).  They pretty much get the SS line - which isn't bad, and the prices are equivalent to the VIP sale pricing...  Home Goods also gets AC in, on occasion, and I've even seen copper-core there.

As mentioned before...to each their own.  I would never pay even close to full retail for the stuff.  Those prices are ridiculous...  The factory sale prices, while still pricey...are well more worth it, and the fact that I'm close enough to drive to it helps out.

All personal choice, but I'm tired of everything available to us to buy is made in China...  We have a fraction of the manufacturing presence in the world that we used to, not so very long ago, and I will pay a bit more for it.  Chinese steel is crap.

pitflyer said:   The in person sale is also at Crate in Greentree, Pittsburgh.

http://www.cratecook.com/calendar2014/2014AllCladSale.jpg 

My girlfriend raves about this stuff and tells me I need to get a set, but of course she's out of town this weekend so I am going to be sooo lost...

Does the in-person sale offer the same price?

bm040440 said:   I have a reason for posting against this thread - twice. All things said and done - AC is expensive but great quality. I don't think anyone criticizes that part. I have a close friend who is like 20 min away from where the sale will be so was deeply interested. Visited Macys today and spoke to quite a large number of friends. Without going into specifics I came to 1 conclusion - there's this line: Cuisinart Multiclad Pro , which is equal to AC in all aspects, i.e. material, heat retention, etc., etc. but at almost 1/3rd the cost. Much research reveals its primarily where manufactured is the root cause for the almost all of the price jump. So the end factor is Made in USA. To each his own, but I think I'll pass.
  as I commented above, Cusinart definitely attempted to copy the look of All-Clad's Master Chef line, but they failed.  The Cusinart handles do not stay cool and will burn you without the use of a potholder.

They don't have a huge selection, but when Bon-Ton has their $50 off $100 coupons, you can get some great deals on All-Clad, and these are first quality pans. 

http://www.bonton.com/shop/home/facet-brand_All-Clad/ 

Skipping 44 Messages...
I bought two items from the VIP sale.  Now the question will they email me letting me know it shipped?  I have not heard from them.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014