• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
While logged in to get my Newegg offer, found this.

OFFER DETAILS
Get a one-time $15 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $75 or more on qualifying purchases at The Home Depot by 6/30/2014.

TERMS
Valid in store & online. Excludes HD Direct, Home Decorators Collection, Home Depot Fuel, Home Depot Car Wash, Home Depot Carpet Clean, Your Other Warehouse, Home Depot Foundation, RedBeacon brand, gift cards purchased online. Excludes Guam, Puerto Rico, & USVI. US only. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent to you until after 6/30/14, it may not count towards determining whether your purch qualifies for the offer. Enroll ltd. Limit 1 stmt credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Stmt credit will appear on your billing stmt within 90 days after 6/30/14, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qual purch. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qual purch from the merchant until all of the items from your qual purch have been provided or shipped by the merchant. Stmt credit may be reversed if qual purch is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the stmt credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the stmt credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a 3rd party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID: BDQO:0001

Member Summary

Spend $75, Get $15 back
Thanks zimphella
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Any decent GCs to buy? No wholefoods, no Amazon. Was thinking of an amex gc or something, but would need to split on a... (more)

russ0519 (Jun. 16, 2014 @ 9:59p) |

I was so excited and quickly signed up, dug out my AMEX card, and ran to the store and found a couple Amazon gift cards.... (more)

Mikul (Jun. 16, 2014 @ 11:50p) |

bought shell gc. receive email from amex

dairymtu (Jun. 28, 2014 @ 3:14p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks for the heads up, OP! Added.

EDIT: Dang, MISTERCHEAP beat you to it by four minutes:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1367950/

Also on Facebook!

Didn't exclude in the terms - I presume buying a gift card is OK.

RaoMonger said:   Didn't exclude in the terms - I presume buying a gift card is OK.
  Usually GC is ok since AMEX only cares about the amount spent.

BTW,  my Offers also included Exxon/Mobile ($5 back for $30 spent) and Dunkin Donuts ($5 for $5 spent)

Thanks for the heads up, OP! Added.

AMEX must be feeling awfully generous, because I got this offer too. Green

Dumb question....I have a bunch of new amex cards from when I signed up on facebook, how can I tell what cards are enrolled?

Sonnamast said:   Dumb question....I have a bunch of new amex cards from when I signed up on facebook, how can I tell what cards are enrolled?
  You'll have to log in you account(s) online.

Sonnamast said:   Dumb question....I have a bunch of new amex cards from when I signed up on facebook, how can I tell what cards are enrolled?

Sonnamast, Log into your American Express account. Click your Green card first, then scroll down a little and click the "Amex Offers for You" tab. If you see the Home Depot offer, click "Save Offer." Then try this with any other Amex cards you might have. When you use the card for the offer at Home Depot, you might get an email afterwards confirming that you got it.

green

RaoMonger said:   Didn't exclude in the terms - I presume buying a gift card is OK.
   Excludes HD Direct, Home Decorators Collection, Home Depot Fuel, Home Depot Car Wash, Home Depot Carpet Clean, Your Other Warehouse, Home Depot Foundation, RedBeacon brand, gift cards purchased online

I did this Amex offer and the Newegg  one yesterday when the offers appeared in AMEX Account. I immediately got the usual  Thank you far participating in the AMEX ... offer participation confirmation email for the Newegg order but nothing so far for the Home Depot one even though my receipt was over $100 and shows in my saved offers. Even though they state the credit can take 90 days to post the confirmation emails are usually immediate after making qualifying purchase..Hopefully it is just a glitch and the credit will post. However the two times I had issues with these AMEX offers I did not receive the email and had to get them to manually apply the credit which took over 4 months. If anyone gets the offer confirmation email please post Thanks.

Thanking of what to buy @ HD

cnIsfg said:   I did this Amex offer and the Newegg  one yesterday when the offers appeared in AMEX Account. I immediately got the usual  Thank you far participating in the AMEX ... offer participation confirmation email for the Newegg order but nothing so far for the Home Depot one even though my receipt was over $100 and shows in my saved offers. Even though they state the credit can take 90 days to post the confirmation emails are usually immediate after making qualifying purchase..Hopefully it is just a glitch and the credit will post. However the two times I had issues with these AMEX offers I did not receive the email and had to get them to manually apply the credit which took over 4 months. If anyone gets the offer confirmation email please post Thanks.
I didn't get the "Thank You" email for the recent Seasons 52 offer, but I rec'd the credit within the normal (2-3 day) timeframe.  

gaore said:   Thanking of what to buy @ HD
Gift Card.  

nm

does Home Depot sell other gift cards other than Home Depot?

yes Home Depot has a gift card display with lots of retailers and restaurants.

If you don't have the offer on your Amex account and you've done the Amex synch on Twitter, then you can tweet #AmexHomeDepot to get the offer.

Just did the connect via twitter and linked my Costco card. Now I have the offers.

thanks giantsfan2

They are also on Facebook if you have it synched

thriftmom22 said:   yes Home Depot has a gift card display with lots of retailers and restaurants.
  "Lots of" is a bit of an understatement. Maybe ~15 non-Home Depot retailers total.

Quite underwhelming if you ask me. They don't even stock Amazon.

so they are quick in giving statement credit, has anybody already tried buying gift card in store and it worked?

thank you OP!

twitter is #AmexHomeDepot

Hi, I jsut applied for an Amex card (Blue Cash preferred) literally yesterday. I saw this in my rewards and clicked "Saved" and it says saved to my card. That's all I need to do right? I saw other threads where people were saying I need a twitter account and all this crap .... thanks in advance! Total Amex Noob here.....

anorexicwallet said:   Hi, I jsut applied for an Amex card (Blue Cash preferred) literally yesterday. I saw this in my rewards and clicked "Saved" and it says saved to my card. That's all I need to do right? I saw other threads where people were saying I need a twitter account and all this crap .... thanks in advance! Total Amex Noob here.....
  as long as it is saved to your card, then you're good.  Facebook and twitter are alternative ways to get these offers if they don't show up in your "My Offers" tab

unsync  and sync again...this time notedown what you sync

Easy peasy... $75 GC purchase followed by email about 60 seconds later--
AMEX said: Dear: labboypro

Thank you for using your synced American Express® Card
ending in nnnnn at The Home Depot!
Look out for a $15.00 statement credit within 90 days.

Be sure to visit American Express on Twitter to find more
exclusive Card Member offers!

See program terms at
https://sync.americanexpress.com/Partner/Terms.aspx

labboypro said:   Easy peasy... $75 GC purchase followed by email about 60 seconds later--

See program terms at

which GC did you buy ?  I wonder if they sell shell or BP gift cards

I don't remember seeing any gas cards, but the have most large retailers and restaurant chain GCs.

gocint said:   
labboypro said:   Easy peasy... $75 GC purchase followed by email about 60 seconds later--

See program terms at

Yes they sell $25 and $50 BP & Shell, also sell $100 Visa Debits for 5.95 fee

FullTimeDad said:   I don't remember seeing any gas cards, but the have most large retailers and restaurant chain GCs.
  There are not really any significant "retailers" to speak of. Some restaurants, but it totals out around 15 different merchants most of which are restaurants. Lowes has a better selection.

davef139 said:   
gocint said:   

See program terms at

Yes they sell $25 and $50 BP & Shell, also sell $100 Visa Debits for 5.95 fee

All the gas cards were already gone by the time I got to the stores 2 days ago. And while standing in line at the cashier, the person ahead of me, and the person ahead of her were all buying gift cards with AMEX....

Anybody noticed that fatwallet does not have any Cash Back listed for Home Depot anymore? Looks like its missing from ShopDiscover too, whats going on? I wanted to take advantage of this deal on 3 of my cards but now will loose the Cash Back unless this is just a temporary thing.

~~Sonnamast, Log into your American Express account. Click your Green card first, then scroll down a little and click the "Amex Offers for You" tab. If you see the Home Depot offer, click "Save Offer." Then try this with any other Amex cards you might have. When you use the card for the offer at Home Depot, you might get an email afterwards confirming that you got it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have 2 AM Green cards on one account.  Only the main card on the account will receive the offer.  It will not work on the second card in the account.  I was told be an AMEX rep, no problem it will work on all cards on the account!  Not so!  I spent $250 at Best Buy and did not get the offer even thou I had selected the offer.  Had to call AMEX rep and explain situation and she said the previous rep gave me bogus information.  We created a second AMEX online account for the second card and I am getting offers that are totally different in some cases than offers that are presented for the other card.  In my case the spend $250 at BestBuy also appeared on the account when we created it so the rep posted a $25 credit to my account. Offers to an account only apply to the one card it references.  You want to collect offers on the other card create a new login account and start adding offers to that card.  Been there, done that!

My local Home Depot sells $500 Visa gift cards. The guy said that they only take cash for this. Does anyone know if all Home Depots have this policy? They did have $100 Visa gift cards that can be bought with credit cards.

Good deal, $300 in Shell GCs for $240.

Skipping 3 Messages...
bought shell gc. receive email from amex

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014