• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Surprised I did not see this listed here yet.
If you buy $50+ worth of grilling accessories or grilling tools at Sears, you will get $50 of SYWR points back in your account.  This should work online or B&M.  So you are essentially getting the grilling items for free.  Just make sure you are using those points on something that you need and something that is a good deal.  You cannot spend points or coupons except to get your total down to $50.  The accessories have to be sold by Sears and the Craftsman accessories do not work.
Here is one example: http://www.sears.com/king-kooker-seasoned-14inch-x-28inch-cast-i... 
Notice how it says you will get $52.82 in points.  If you use points or coupons to get your total below $50, it will void the point promo.  Promo expires 6/15.
There is a huge thread on this over at the "other forum".  Credits go to giraffenek.

More deals in the official Kmart & Sears $5 off $50 coupon thread.
Sears
See Sears promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

sears (191.27kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Not for me.  The "Review Order" page is where I took my screenshots showing the $52.50 in earned points.  It's clearly s... (more)

labboypro (Jun. 17, 2014 @ 11:50a) |

I did this deal 3 times and redeemed my points before my SYW account expires in a week without any problems and I have a... (more)

oxygenmm (Jun. 17, 2014 @ 12:47p) |

It took 4 very detailed emails to "Imran Jooma" (whose email is just redirected into a vast sea of offshore CS people; n... (more)

labboypro (Jun. 23, 2014 @ 8:48a) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
this is B&M only I guess... what are other items people are buying ... that are remotely useful?

rated:
Pretty sure it'll work online or B&M.

rated:
I need a new grill cover for my gas grill. I need a new grill brush. Probably get one of those charcoal chimney starters for my charcoal grill.

rated:
I've done six online orders already.  its all junk but its free if you already have gift cards and were planning to make another purchase soon anyway.

don't forget Cash Back!

rated:
there may be a "large thread" but it is because they are morons....each time you are putting $50 into points; there is no way to cash them out except to buy other stuff and of course, you can't earn more points when you spend them

rated:
Heh, well, I would agree that it is moronic to dump a lot of money into this deal of you don't plan on buying anything or needing anything from Sears in the near future. But if you do, it is a fantastic deal to score some free stuff.

rated:
thx, I got 20pc stainless steel set and barbeque cleaner 54.xx + tax and got 52.xx in points ... cool....
Yea surprising no one had posted this here ... was monitoring but did not plunge

rated:
It did say points earned on screen but they do not show up in the  count to use...
when did point get to be usable for you ? I think after pickup of items?

rated:
I tried hard to find something, but I haven't been so bored shopping in a long time. I guess Grill Accessories don't excite me. If you need Grill Tools for Fathers Day gifts, I could see that being a great deal!

Also, this came a couple of hours too late. I had just spent a gift card. I could've used it to buy accessories, got the $50 in points and used those instead to by the Sportcraft Canopy Oh well...

rated:
Griddle is OOS.

rated:
lordoffire said:   there may be a "large thread" but it is because they are morons....each time you are putting $50 into points; there is no way to cash them out except to buy other stuff and of course, you can't earn more points when you spend them
  "You can't earn more points when you spend them" is not always true.  Periodically they run promos in which you can spend & earn points. The best I've seen is spend $25 in points & earn $20 in points.  Also if a particular item has a point bonus, if you spend at least $0.01 out of pocket you can usually earn the bonus.

rated:
Thanks. Sears.com is such a difficult website to use, but once I read the instructions, logged in to my SYWR account and got the hang of looking for SYWR under product photo I was able to find a rectangular pizza stone and an LED grill light.

rated:
Bought a new propane tank and grill cover for my new grill that I bought last year on Fall Clearance.

Total Base Points :534
Total Bonus Points: 50,000

Good catch OP.

rated:
Worked for me, I was about to order a power drill for $50 so I bought $54 worth of grill accessories that I have been wanting and got $54 in points for my drill. Since I was going to buy the drill anyway I got the grill stuff for free. That's my kind of price!

rated:
invisible said:   It did say points earned on screen but they do not show up in the  count to use...

It is reflecting in my syw account.

rated:
nortotron said:   
invisible said:   It did say points earned on screen but they do not show up in the  count to use...

It is reflecting in my syw account.

It is now in mine also but strange: the order confirmation screen as well as email say you earned 52.xx points (for 54.xx before tax/coupons) purchase, but the points being shown in SYWR account now are $50 more not $52.xx as the email and screen claims...

rated:
dforest said:   
lordoffire said:   there may be a "large thread" but it is because they are morons....each time you are putting $50 into points; there is no way to cash them out except to buy other stuff and of course, you can't earn more points when you spend them
  "You can't earn more points when you spend them" is not always true.  Periodically they run promos in which you can spend & earn points. The best I've seen is spend $25 in points & earn $20 in points.  Also if a particular item has a point bonus, if you spend at least $0.01 out of pocket you can usually earn the bonus.

Sears offers have majorly gone downhill....they used to send good ones; now it's just "get $4 in surprise points when you spend $75"

if it were gift cards, that would be a bit different but I would never suggest putting several-hundred-dollars-worth-or-more of faith into points without an immediate exit strategy

rated:
Use SEARS2014 for $5 off $50 just be sure that final total after coupon stays above $50 to get points back

rated:
Thanks

rated:
looks like dead

rated:
My cart said I will earn $63 points for my $59 order (free shipping)
Should be the $50 + another $10 points coupon from an email.
But after I paid (with points) it only stated the $10 points.

I see no prof of the $50 points yet, but it just been 10 minutes who long will it take?

rated:
nortotron said:   looks like dead
It's still live.  I just ordered a few minutes ago.  I bought a Vision Grill Lava Stone for $63.17 - $5 (SEARS2014 coupon code) = $58.17 + tx.  I'll get 6% FW Cash Back and got 52,327 points to use for future purchases.
It took about 10 mins for the points to show up in my SYWR acct:

Full Points Details
Qualified spending: $58.17
Base points earned: 582
Bonus points earned: 52,327

The Vision Grill Lava Stone sells for $50 elsewhere but it was something on my wish list for the Vision Kamado grill I bought last Summer on clearance at Costco.
Link to the Vision Grill lava stone: http://www.sears.com/vision-grills-100-natural-volcanic-cooking-...

rated:
Nice, thanks!

rated:
tonysavealot said:   My cart said I will earn $63 points for my $59 order (free shipping)

I see no prof of the $50 points yet, but it just been 10 minutes who long will it take?

If you paid with points, the $50 points back is not applicable. It may be a wise idea to cancel your order if you still can (or return the item later) if you have purchased it only because there was this offer.

rated:
nortotron said:    
If you paid with points, the $50 points back is not applicable.

which is exactly what I already pointed out in my post above that apparently deserved red

rated:
Thanks OP.
I got a few things.

rated:
What r u guys buying? Care to post!

rated:
if you are near a Kmart, you can buy a $25 gift card and get a $5 bonus card (limit 2) and use these to pay for your order for a little bonus.
Also Alliant CU emailed me a unique (one time use) coupon code for $20 back in points when you spend $40 at Sears so this turned out to be a great deal on grill cover and cleaner for me. thanks op!

rated:
Picked up some new grilling tools a grill basket and a topper. I will call this FAR considering FatCash the wash on Tax. Thanks OP.

rated:
ignore. got the answer. Cant Use Points to reduce original bill below $50

---WOW. got a red already in 30 seconds!! FW is fast

rated:
radiation said:   if you are near a Kmart, you can buy a $25 gift card and get a $5 bonus card (limit 2) and use these to pay for your order for a little bonus.
Also Alliant CU emailed me a unique (one time use) coupon code for $20 back in points when you spend $40 at Sears so this turned out to be a great deal on grill cover and cleaner for me. thanks op!

And apparently you are supposed to get $2 in points per $25 GC.  But it sounds like it depends on how the cashier rings it up.

rated:
tonysavealot said:   My cart said I will earn $63 points for my $59 order (free shipping)

Clearly stated in the OP:  If you use points or coupons to get your total below $50, it will void the point promo. 

rated:
Is this valid on the free SYWR or just SYWR max account?

rated:
Do these groupons work on these items: http://www.groupon.com/deals/sears-14

And can you use more then 1?

rated:
This is valid on the free SYWR accounts.
It's up in the air on those Groupons. I have not heard one way or another in either forum. I'm almost certain, they will not allow more than 1 to be used if they allow any at all. I will try it out tonight though.

rated:
Thanks a lot. I ordered fryer and filler, $53.12 with tax.

rated:
need move to front page !!!! thank OP !!!

rated:
I ordered
 Char-Broil Universal Electric Rotisserie
Char-Broil Whiskey Wood Chips
Charcoal Companion Stainless Gas Grill V-Shape Smoker Box / Long
Kenmore Oversized Non-Stick Grill Basket
$66.57 with free shipping and used a $5 off $50.

I wanted some $2.50 wood chips, but wouldn't ship them. 

Skipping 72 Messages...
rated:
It took 4 very detailed emails to "Imran Jooma" (whose email is just redirected into a vast sea of offshore CS people; not an actual contact point for the EVP of Whatever's office), but I finally got the points correctly applied to my SYWR account.  SHC really does suck in every way imaginable.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014