• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Newegg has the Kingston 240GB SSDNow V300 Series 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (SV300S37A/240G) on sale for $99.99 with free shipping.

4/5 eggs based on 121 customer reviews. Limit 3 per customer.

• 240GB Capacity
  • 2.5" Form Factor
  • SATA III Interface
  • Up to 450Mb/s Sequential Read Speed
  • Up to 450Mb/s Sequential Write Speed
  • 3 Year Limited Warranty

Review: Anandtech

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Suddenly, many 240G SSDs are on sale for $100.
Will the price go down further?

rated:
kuelllin said:   Suddenly, many 240G SSDs are on sale for $100.

It's the new Crucial MX100 and the downward pressure on prices it is putting on the market. Plus, a bunch of other new SSDs are coming on the market (V310, etc...), so old models are being phased out.

I wouldn't say that prices are at a rock bottom, but I personally don't think there's a lot of room left to go down at this point.

rated:
Avoid the drive like the plague. The vendor has started using different NAND chips (just read the top reviews on Newegg). This is about half the speed of many other drives in the same price range.

rated:
That new Crucial MX100 is nice, ebay has it for $103 w/free shipping

rated:
iothees said:   Avoid the drive like the plague. The vendor has started using different NAND chips (just read the top reviews on Newegg). This is about half the speed of many other drives in the same price range.

That's a good point. Anandtech goes in-depth here.

rated:
misch said:   
iothees said:   Avoid the drive like the plague. The vendor has started using different NAND chips (just read the top reviews on Newegg). This is about half the speed of many other drives in the same price range.

That's a good point. Anandtech goes in-depth here

I'm thinking the staff here might want to edit out that over a year old review they are referencing in the op.  It's bad enough that staff are usually the only ones posting the v300 "deals" in the first place.

rated:
misch said:   
kuelllin said:   Suddenly, many 240G SSDs are on sale for $100.

It's the new Crucial MX100 and the downward pressure on prices it is putting on the market. Plus, a bunch of other new SSDs are coming on the market (V310, etc...), so old models are being phased out.

I wouldn't say that prices are at a rock bottom, but I personally don't think there's a lot of room left to go down at this point.

Thanks for the info on the MX100.  After getting shut out of a lot of deals this week at the last minute, I finally just pulled the trigger on the 512gb version from Amazon for $219.  I had a $30 gift card credit, so all in all I got a great drive and a solid price.

BTW - I had actually ordered the $60 v300 Kingston 120gb, and RMA'd it to Newegg today.  I have a v200 about a year ago and it was slow as heck.  Thought maybe the v300 would be better, but after reading in various places about the bait & switch, I canceled before the order even got to me.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014