• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Intel Core i3-4150 CPU/Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 Z97 ATX MB/4GB DDR3 1600 Patriot Viper Xtreme Memory/2x LED Case Fan Bundle
Disclaimer
Tiger Direct has a kit that includes the Intel Core i3-4150 CPU, Gigabyte Z97 ATX Motherboard, 4GB DDR3 1600 Patriot Viper Xtreme Memory & 2 LED Case Fans. Costs $289.99 - coupon code "GVW129697" - $20.00 Patriot Rebate - $20.00 Kingwin Rebate = $199.99. Shipping is free.

4.4/5 stars based on 113 customer reviews. All items have at least a one-year warranty.

• Intel Core i3-4150 Processor (3.5GHz, 2 Cores, 3MB Cache - BX80646I34150)
  • GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3 Z97 ATX Motherboard (LGA1150 Socket, Intel Z97 Express Chipset, 4x DDR3 Memory, Max. 32GB - GA-Z97-HD3)
  • Patriot Viper Xtreme 4GB Desktop Memory Module (DDR3, 1600MHz, PC3-12800, CL 11, 1.5V - PX34G1600C11)
  • Kingwin CFY-012LB Advanced Series 120mm Yellow LED Case Fan (Long Life Bearing, 950 RPM, 3 Pin /4 Pin Connector)

Tiger Direct
See Tiger Direct promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Intel Core i3-4150
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

1Ku tray cost of i3-4150 is $117 as shown on www.intc.com
so the 4G DDR3 DRAM and motherboard and case fans (dubious value if you already own a case and fans are $82 - decent but not a sizzling deal.
would be a red hot deal if they dropped the bundle to $149 though

katnrica said:   1Ku tray cost of i3-4150 is $117 as shown on www.intc.com 
so the 4G DDR3 DRAM and motherboard and case fans (dubious value if you already own a case and fans are $82 - decent but not a sizzling deal.
would be a red hot deal if they dropped the bundle to $149 though

Agreed.  I thought about getting this for the chip and selling the left overs, but the fans are practically worthless and the motherboard is not in demand (a quick eBay search shows that no one is buying this board).  Considering fees, the RAM would bring $30, fans $5, and the board could probably be dumped for $70 after fees.  Most buyers expect free shipping now, so that might cut into it a bit as well.  Factor in that rebates are far from guaranteed and this deal is no deal for anyone thinking along the same lines that I was.  It is really only a deal for an end user, not for a lot of the guys here like me who look at these deals hoping to turn a little profit or sell off parts of the deal.

people still eBay?

Muley said:   people still eBay?
  Yes, and some of the good deals that show up here are from eBay too.

I'm somewhat relieved it isn't a hotter deal, as I just picked up a bundle at Microcenter on Friday evening.

I5-4670K, Gigabyte Z97 board and 8gb of Corsair 2133 memory for $390-ish after discounts. Even if I'd seen this deal, it would be hard to stomach the after-rebate part of it. Green for effort, though.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014