Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Intel i7-4770 Processor
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I7-4770K vs 4770 http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4770K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-477...

The Intel Core i7-4790K will be released on June 20, 2014. Therefore all previous processors will be priced lower.

comandoed said:   I7-4770K vs 4770 http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4770K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-477...

The Intel Core i7-4790K will be released on June 20, 2014. Therefore all previous processors will be priced lower.

† Every piece of hardware becomes less expensive over time.† Today, 6/15/2014, this is a good deal.

epdpatrolman said:   
comandoed said:   I7-4770K vs 4770 http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4770K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-477...

† Every piece of hardware becomes less expensive over time.† Today, 6/15/2014, this is a good deal.

††Indeed. I paid $189 for an i5-4670k on Friday. LIkely would have gone this route if I hadn't already assembled/tested the PC.†

For anyone considering this deal, they have Corsair 2133mhz Vengenence memory (2x4GB) on sale. for $89.99. Microcenter could not price match, saying it was below their cost, but did sell it to me for $99 since I was buying a MB/CPU bundle. $10 difference wasn't worth going across town.†

Link

Have these been in stock anywhere since April?

barbeque said:   Have these been in stock anywhere since April?
††Good point. Frys have lots of hot deals... on items that they don't stock.

this has been posted before, along with the i5 4430, both of which were long OOS for most people, like most Fry's online 'deals' that are merely leftover listings.† Only possible deal is if you manage to get another store to PM to Fry's.

Yes it is a good deal. †I was just offering insight into pricing in the very near future for I7 processors.

† Yup - I've been interested in the i7-4770 or the 4770k for a while and I can say that it's been this price at Fry's for a few months now... but it's been OOS for a while. Aside from MicroCenter having the 4770k for $200 back during black friday, this is the best price for either processor right now. However, I didn't realize the 4790k was coming out so soon (4 days!) and I would definitely expect that to affect the processors on the market now. Thanks for the info.

This is a very good deal indeed ... IF you can get in on it.

This processor would be fantastic for a system build that I am planning but, unfortunately, Fry's (and their deals) are inaccessible to me (as well as most people). Fry's only has 32 retail stores ... mostly in California and Texas.† The closest B&M store to me is about 500 miles!

Great deal if you can get it.† Go with an unlocked processor if you can find it at similar savings.

Fry's keeps advertising items they do not have.

Store Location Distance Availability
Houston, TX 10241 North Freeway I-45 Map 13.25 Items unavailable
Houston, TX 11565 S.W. Freeway 59 Map 26.62 Items unavailable
Webster, TX 21300 Gulf Freeway Map 42.39 Items unavailable

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014