802.11ac Wi-Fi support
Thunderbolt and USB 3 ports
720p FaceTime HD camera
Thin, light, durable design
High-resolution display
Powerful apps for creativity and productivity
OS X Mavericks, the world's most advanced desktop operating system
Up to 9 hours of battery life

www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-macbook-air-latest-model-11-6-display...

Member Summary

Apple® - MacBook Air® (Latest Model)
Thanks zimphella
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

​Fast start up, great resolution. Great Mac product!!! The only issue I have is that this laptop is actually too light. I fear it may be easily slip and fall to the ground while using on the couch. 

Can the educational discount be applied to this making it a really hot deal? PLMK, thank you!

I've huge fan of Apple..This price looks nice. I wanna go with that.Is that shipped in coastal area of USA.

hereford said:   Can the educational discount be applied to this making it a really hot deal? PLMK, thank you!
  Yes. If you have a student account (.edu), you can receive the $150 Off coupon by signing up here on bestbuy.com.

The Sony Vaio deal offer 1.5 ghz & 1080P touch screen & weighs about 40% less, it's also $567 without having to fight for .EDU or debate straight up.

This is the specs on the Apple here, which as you see offer only a 768P display:

Processor Speed
1.4GHz (with Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) How fast a computer processor carries out instructions. In general, faster is better, but processor speeds across brands may not be equivalent (i.e., a 3.0GHz AMD processor may not be the same speed as a 3.0GHz Intel processor).

Display Type
HD LED glossy (1366 x 768)

Vaio's battery life is much less and keyboard is not backlit. Those are the 2 deal breakers for me.

A backlit keyboard is a requirement? I can understand the battery, but do you stare at your hands when you type?

polishdreamer said:   The Sony Vaio deal offer 1.5 ghz & 1080P touch screen & weighs about 40% less, it's also $567 without having to fight for .EDU or debate straight up.

This is the specs on the Apple here, which as you see offer only a 768P display:

Processor Speed
1.4GHz (with Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) How fast a computer processor carries out instructions. In general, faster is better, but processor speeds across brands may not be equivalent (i.e., a 3.0GHz AMD processor may not be the same speed as a 3.0GHz Intel processor).

Display Type
HD LED glossy (1366 x 768)

Your Vaio offer is OK for the price but then again it was WAY overpriced to begin with. IMO, It is fully valued at $550 which should have been the Sony MSRP to begin with. Plus after actually using the Tap 11 at the local Sony store I decided to pass and ended up getting a new, open box  Samsung NP940X3G-K03US  (i5, 13.3" QHD+ (3200 x 1800) Touch Screen LED Display, backlit keyboard, 128GB SSD, Win 8.1 ) off eBay from eBay seller blinq (aka Microsoft's official Microsoft Store returns liquidator)  for $629 after eBay bucks which.BTW blows the Tap 11 away.  IMO, the Vaio Tap 11 build quality is horrible for a $500 tablet let alone one Sony tried to sell for more than $1100. It just feels cheap. and amazingly looks nearly identical to Acer 's new 11" i5 tablets which sell $599 MSRP. On the other hand the MacBook Air may have lower overall technical specs than the Tap 11 but the build quality of the MacBook Air is far superior to the Tap 11 and you are guaranteed future support from Apple unlike anything from Sony's  Vaio line which Sony is desperately trying to dump. For those looking for a current gen MacBook Air this is a good deal. It is even better if you have the Quadruple eBay bucks offer.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014