• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
The Samsung 840 EVO 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive is on sale at Rakuten for $399.99 with free shipping.

Link

Use coupon code "SHOPOWNER" during checkout and receive $40.00 in Rakuten Cash.

• 1TB Capacity
  • 2.5-in. Form Factor
  • SATA III Interface
  • Up to 540MB/s Max Sequential Read
  • Up to 520MB/s Max Sequential Write
  • 3-yr. Product Warranty

Review: MaximumPC or Newegg 

The next lowest price on Google Products is $419.99 from a rated merchant

It is also available for the same price at Amazon, but with no points of course. Here's the link

Rakuten.com Shopping
Need a Rakuten.com Shopping coupon that earns Up to 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
lowest I've seen so far.

rated:
great price, but looks to me like it's 400 Rakuten points = $4.00 credit.

Am I misreading something here?

Sales Tax in California also kind of kills it for me. I think some eBay sellers are already selling it for less (shipped). buydig or beach camera comes to mind.

rated:
For those who would get taxed at Rakuten like I do, Amazon matched the price: Link 

rated:
peterl1365 said:   great price, but looks to me like it's 400 Rakuten points = $4.00 credit.

Am I misreading something here?

Sales Tax in California also kind of kills it for me. I think some eBay sellers are already selling it for less (shipped). buydig or beach camera comes to mind.

Yup. You get the $4.00 credit for spending the $400.00 to get it, that's with any Rakuten order.

Then you enter the coupon code during checkout to get an additional $40.00 in Rakuten points.

Here's the picture.

rated:
NDogg said:   For those who would get taxed at Rakuten like I do, Amazon matched the price: Link
  Thanks! I went ahead and added it to the OP.

rated:
Ah, yes. 40 bucks in Rakuten scam points. Read the fine print. The minimum points you can claim on any checkout is 50 bucks worth. That means that you have to have 10 bucks more in Rakuten points to reclaim the 40 bucks, which means you have to make $1000 in purchases. Yeah, the Rakuten "super points" is a super-scam. If tax is an issue, do the Amazon route. BTW, it is still the lowest price I've seen, even on eBay or buydig.

rated:
paindudephant said:   Ah, yes. 40 bucks in Rakuten scam points. Read the fine print. The minimum points you can claim on any checkout is 50 bucks worth. That means that you have to have 10 bucks more in Rakuten points to reclaim the 40 bucks, which means you have to make $1000 in purchases. Yeah, the Rakuten "super points" is a super-scam. If tax is an issue, do the Amazon route. BTW, it is still the lowest price I've seen, even on eBay or buydig.
  Not true at all. It says, "A Customer(s) must use a minimum of fifty (50) Super Points when redeeming Super Points at checkout. A Customer(s) may redeem up to a maximum of either: (a) Twenty-Five Thousand (25,000) Super Points per purchase; or (b) One-Hundred Thousand (100,000) Super Points per month, whichever is lower." 

50 "Super Points" is equivalent of $0.50, not $50. You don't expect anyone to have $25,000 worth of points to use on a single purchase or $100,000 worth of points to use in a single month, do you?

rated:
$469 now on Amazon

rated:
Summersave works for 6,000 points ($60). This stacks with $70 off code.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014