• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ARUKDYQ/ref=amb_link_4163405... 

Clip $5.00 off coupon on the deal page.

Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
•Quick, clean, easy and odorless
•A hygienic way to dispose of cat waste
•Bag dispenser cartridge can last up to 2 months per cat
•Durable plastic construction

•Litter disposal system helps lock in odors and germs
•The pail holds up to two weeks of waste
•Standard Refill cartridge lasts up to two months for one cat
•Includes scoop, scoop holder, and built-in bag cutter
•Compact design with convenient carry handle

Litter Genie Cat Litter Disposal System Refill Cartridge $6.99
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0085TVBRO/ref=pd_luc_sim_01_02... 

Member Summary

Litter Genie Cat Litter Disposal Odor Free Pail System
Thanks zimphella
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Litter disposal system helps lock in odors and germs

^ I'm not sure how that works since the scooper stays outside of the disposal the whole time.

Anyway, these are nice products if your wife insists on having cats. We have two (cats and genies) and its the only way she will scoop with any regularity.

Next lowest price on Google Products is $20.98 shipped from a rated merchant.

4.3/5 Stars based on 760 customer reviews on product page.

Or you can get this one

Link

Price

wtfu said:   Or you can get this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0huKSZtCbw

Price

A little bit out of my price range. Lol!

Anyone use this? I've been thinking of getting a cat, but the smell of a litterbox in a tiny apartment is a major downside.

This system is attractive and light weight. However, it does have a small opening making disposal a little difficult and if you are not coordinated you may loose half of your mess on the floor. It does limit the odor .

I personally see this product best used in apartments (especially high rises) where getting to the trash bin is not convenient or nearby.

Virgil27 said:   Anyone use this? I've been thinking of getting a cat, but the smell of a litterbox in a tiny apartment is a major downside.

I have 2 cats and just changed my litter to a litter called "Yesterday's News".  It's recycled newspaper that is compressed and it has almost no smell and no dust.  Loving it so far.  Make sure you combine it with the "Tidy Cat Breeze" litter box, since the #1's just go to the bottom and you need something to absorb them. 

Virgil27 said:   Anyone use this? I've been thinking of getting a cat, but the smell of a litterbox in a tiny apartment is a major downside.
  I got one for my daughter who does live in an apartment. I'm hoping it works as good as I think it will.

I foster for a cat rescue and for the first time have indoor only cats and a litter box.  I love Worlds Best Cat Litter ( often has a $3 coupons around for it and goes on sale a few times a year like this week at Target $8.49-$3 -$10 off $40) , it can be flushed down the toilet and is safe if my dog gets into it. I haven't tried the litter genie, it seems too much like the diaper genie that I HAD to have when  my first child was born, till I used it and realized have few diapers it held, how expensive the refill bags were  and how poorly it controlled the smell.  

+1 to World's Best Cat litter.

And thanks, ellq, for the review.

I absolutely LOVE my Litter Genie. It does wonders. Makes cleaning the litter box super easy and it controls the odor plenty. The Tidy Cats Breeze system someone mentioned above definitely didn't work for my cat.. She didn't like the pellets at all and started peeing right next to the box until I finally got rid of it.

Anyway, Litter Genie gets two thumbs up from me.

by "it", do you mean you got rid of the cat?

I looked at both this unit and the Litter Champ, went with the champ because I like the hands free opening and it also has 2 separate doors (pop up lid and then a inner door that goes down by pushing the scooper in), so it seems to do a very good job of keeping the odors in.

At this price though, I probably would have given the Genie a try considering it is now $15 cheaper.

I don't understand how this works at all for the cat. The cat WILL NOT go in the top of this thing and he will not close the lid when he is done.

LOL dstemper!

I have been using WBCL (world's best) and found that the litter can make a HUGE difference when it comes to odor. Second, I use a small trash can with a lid that can be opened with my foot (no need to touch it when I have a scoop of dirty litter to dump) and the small trash bags that I can get from WalMart or Target in a huge roll. The bags typically get dumped weekly +/- as they fill up, the lid keeps the odor trapped (I use my dryer sheets from my old dryer to keep the can fresh), and I scoop daily (to prolong the life of the litter and to keep kitty happy).

Good luck with which every crappy method is used!

Im in for 1 and i have 4 Himmis kitties not cars

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014