AMC Stubs Membership - $8.00 @ AMCTheatres

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
AMC Stubs Membership - $8.00 @ AMCTheatres 

Stubs Membership is normally $12.  If you take a family of 4 to the movies twice per year you would have already saved the amount of your membership and then some depending on how many snacks and drinks you get.  Plus the convenience of being able to order online without paying the fees is nice.

• $10 reward for every $100 spent
  • free one size upgrade on drinks and popcorn
  • no ticket fees online

Also get $5 in Bonus Bucks for signing up for Text Alerts by June 30th, 2014. - Thanks rsuaver 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
My Stubs expired months ago. If I renew now, will I get one year from today, or does it backdate to when my membership ... (more)

kenbenobi (Jul. 10, 2014 @ 8:42p) |

I got this deal a few months ago and it has already paid for iitself with fees waived for online tickets. I've also save... (more)

MikesGirl14 (Aug. 12, 2014 @ 8:50a) |

To our AMC Stubs members,

AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc., the parent company for AMC Theatres, is going public. We are ... (more)

jschuman (Aug. 14, 2014 @ 10:08p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

AMC theatres tickets are overpriced. I always buy passes at BJs. They are not eligible for AMC rewards, hence the membership is a waste.

ARGH! And I just renewed a week ago...  At least I used the $5 off...

FYI - Called them and they offered to refund my membership and I could reactivate it, however whatever amount I used in rewards balance (including the $5 for sign up with txt alerts) would not be refunded - only actual amount charged to my CC.  So no soup for me.

nortotron said:   AMC theatres tickets are overpriced. I always buy passes at BJs. They are not eligible for AMC rewards, hence the membership is a waste.

Why red? Am I missing something? Is it really useful? If so, how? (don't tell me you can save on online booking - the full price tickets are overpriced).

Just in time for me.

nortotron said:   AMC theatres tickets are overpriced. I always buy passes at BJs. They are not eligible for AMC rewards, hence the membership is a waste.
Fandango GCs are eligible for rewards and with stubs you get the convenience fees waived.  Why would you buy passes?  You can't even redeem those online.

I'll give you some green on this comment. Last year I took the family out for a movie night and it ended up running us over $100 with tickets and snacks. No more. I can wait 3 months for the DVD and then pop some microwave popcorn for less than $5.

hoosierary1 said:   
  I'll give you some green on this comment. Last year I took the family out for a movie night and it ended up running us over $100 with tickets and snacks. No more. I can with 3 months for the DVD and then pop some microwave popcorn for less than $5.

Agreed.  But if you don't want to wait the 3 months, go Saturday morning before noon and it's cheaper than buying tickets at BJs or Costco and you still get the perks of the AMC membership.

Jimbo426 said:   
hoosierary1 said:   
  I'll give you some green on this comment. Last year I took the family out for a movie night and it ended up running us over $100 with tickets and snacks. No more. I can with 3 months for the DVD and then pop some microwave popcorn for less than $5.

Agreed.  But if you don't want to wait the 3 months, go Saturday morning before noon and it's cheaper than buying tickets at BJs or Costco and you still get the perks of the AMC membership.

Exactly what we do - Fri/Sat/Sun morning.   No snacks (except if there's a free popcorn coupon), And either Fandango $25 for $20 GC and BOGO with Visa Signature.

And I just won $100 Fandango GC thru their Family Movie Nights sweeps so even better

Ok I get it. I don't have visa signature, and I prefer evening shows. BJs pass works out better for me.

AMC $8.00 Renewal is a great deal...I agree "Movie Day/Night" for the family can be pricey, however, If planned accordingly, movie candy can be purchased from the Dollar Store, and even stores like CVS where they have movie size candy at times 2/$3.00, or 2/$2.00 depending on candy choice. Earlier times have cheaper pricing as well.
I agree...great deal, I did it!

nortotron said:   

Why red? Am I missing something? Is it really useful? If so, how? (don't tell me you can save on online booking - the full price tickets are overpriced).

I don't think your approach to purchasing tickets constitutes recommending to others that this is a waste.  

I agree that AMC tickets are generally over priced, but on the other hand their $5 ($6 in some areas) tickets before 12 noon deal (before 6pm on some weekdays) combined with the perks of this membership make it worth while for some people.  I used this membership successfully for 2 years and saved a great deal of money taking my family to movies that started just before 12 noon.  I think everyone needs to do the math according to their own purchasing habits.  

I actually let my membership expire a few months ago because our other local chain (Harkins) has a better perks program, but for an $8 renewal price I went ahead and renewed.  AMC is a few short blocks away, and I think we'll use it enough to justify the $8 renewal.  Thanks OP!  

I just barely broke even the last time I used this. It's a cool idea, but I don't think I see enough movies to justify it.

This is a debate that rages on almost as much as Apple vs. Android XD For some, discount tickets from Costco's etc is the way to go. For others, Stubs is the way to go.

If you pick up cheap tickets at Costco's and such, then the Stubs doesn't make sense. If you like to buy your tickets in advance or at the location, it makes sense. You definitely get a lot of reward for your buck. Works well with Fandango, as mentioned. Caveats: PITA to have a plastic card on you, unless you enter the info into your phone contacts or app. Also, the rewards expire so you have to go to the movies every few months or you'll lose 'em.

And of course, it matters where you go to the movies. Here in SF, AMC has the nicest screens, and they let you reserve your seats in advance, so it totally makes sense for me.

I got this too, wasn't sure if it was because I was due for renewal or it was universal.

I find it worth it. I don't even go that often, but I hit the matinees and between the convenience of ordering online through Fandango with no fees, Fandango running specials like $2 off Purge 2 or free iTunes download, plus free concession upgrades and 10% back. Can't complain. Use a credit card with extra Cash Back for theaters and you'll double up in no time.

I was at the theater today.  They were advertising it inside, so this isn't targeted, but it may be location-specific.

It's not the movie tickets that are overpriced, it's the concession. How in the hell can they charge $6 for a liter of Dasani when the urinals dispense 4x that amount for nothing? Textbook madness.

russ0519 said:   Fandango GCs are eligible for rewards and with stubs you get the convenience fees waived.  Why would you buy passes?  You can't even redeem those online.
  Because the AMC Gold Experience tickets are 8 bucks apiece as opposed to 11-12 online or at the box office!

usually Costco has 2 gold tickets for $16.99

camar0 said:   usually Costco has 2 gold tickets for $16.99
the main reason i cancelled my amc stubs membership is that these passes don't count.  discounted morning/students/seniors are still more than silver/gold passes.  and you really are not getting freebees from membership, you're just paying for them in advanced with membership and ticket/concession purchases at the theater/Fandango.

john99 said:   
russ0519 said:   Fandango GCs are eligible for rewards and with stubs you get the convenience fees waived.  Why would you buy passes?  You can't even redeem those online.
  Because the AMC Gold Experience tickets are 8 bucks apiece as opposed to 11-12 online or at the box office!

On the other hand I bought my Fandango GCs half off, os that makes them $6 instead of $8.  The gold experience tickets might be worth it for crappy movies, but for 3D/IMAX, they make less sense since you end up paying the huge surcharges anyway.  If you are able to score discounted Fandango tix, those are more worth it.

And with stubs, you're basically getting 10% off.  Share it with a few friends, and they will all be earning rewards for you in exchange for waived convenience fees at Fandango.  

Reserved seats for IMAX 3D movies is great, you don't have to get there 1 hour early to get good seats.

I have a Marquee Cinemas and AMC near my house. Day and night different. Marquee is epic compared to AMC from the cleanliness, clarity of screens/projectors, air conditioning, etc etc etc..AMC sucks!

PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   I have a Marquee Cinemas and AMC near my house. Day and night different. Marquee is epic compared to AMC from the cleanliness, clarity of screens/projectors, air conditioning, etc etc etc..AMC sucks!
Comments like these are regional in nature. I haven't been to movies in ages, but when I used to go frequently, AMC used to be the best in our area (screens, sound, cleanliness) but then they started going down-hill as they didn't refurbish the older theaters, especially, as newer theaters were built in new parts of town from other competing brands.  FYI, I'm in central Florida.

I use silver vouchers I get at discount but use the AMC stubs for the popcorn and soda upgrade. We love movie popcorn and do the free refill of both soda and popcorn (on large size) before we leave the theater and we have some to take home. I bring an extra bag in my pocket to divide the popcorn up for the family during the movie. Healthy...no...but good.

PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   I have a Marquee Cinemas and AMC near my house. Day and night different. Marquee is epic compared to AMC from the cleanliness, clarity of screens/projectors, air conditioning, etc etc etc..AMC sucks!

thanks, that really adds some helpful info about this deal (/sarcasm)

staciemail said:   We love movie popcorn and do the free refill of both soda and popcorn (on large size) before we leave the theater and we have some to take home. I bring an extra bag in my pocket to divide the popcorn up for the family during the movie.  
You can ask the concessionaire for a free cardboard box, to divvy up your popcorn. Much easier to eat out of.

AMC did an extremely nice thing when the stock went public last year. They offered just about everyone, employees and stub members the ability to buy the stock at the offering price before it went to the general public. If you did it, you had about a $19 buy point and about a $24 sell point today.  Talk about free popcorn ... Nice going. 

jschuman said:   AMC did an extremely nice thing when the stock went public last year. They offered just about everyone, employees and stub members the ability to buy the stock at the offering price before it went to the general public. If you did it, you had about a $19 buy point and about a $24 sell point today.  Talk about free popcorn ... Nice going.I've been a Stubs member from the start, and I received no such offer...

My Stubs expired months ago. If I renew now, will I get one year from today, or does it backdate to when my membership expired months ago? I would hope it gives one year from the date you renew... If not, then I will just get a new membership instead of renewing...

I got this deal a few months ago and it has already paid for iitself with fees waived for online tickets. I've also saved with size upgrades at concessions and received a $10 reward. Our favorite AMC has reserved seating w/recliners so online tickets is something We would have bought anyway.

Connman said:   
jschuman said:   AMC did an extremely nice thing when the stock went public last year. They offered just about everyone, employees and stub members the ability to buy the stock at the offering price before it went to the general public. If you did it, you had about a $19 buy point and about a $24 sell point today.  Talk about free popcorn ... Nice going.
I've been a Stubs member from the start, and I received no such offer...

To our AMC Stubs members,

AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc., the parent company for AMC Theatres, is going public. We are reserving a number of shares in our initial public stock offering (IPO) for you, our most loyal customers, to reserve on a first-come, first-serve basis. The price per share will be determined by negotiations between us and the underwriters of the IPO, but it will be the same price per share as offered to Wall Street investors.

We will also give you the same 24-hour head start our employees will receive, in order to ensure you have the earliest opportunity to reserve shares at the offering price. While many companies depend on their customers' support every day, those customers don't always get the chance to own a piece of the action at the same price as Wall Street investors. We're offering this exclusive employee benefit to our AMC Stubs members to express our sincere gratitude for your loyalty.

If this interests you, please click here to learn more.

Please note that to execute this idea, we have opted to use the LOYAL3 Social IPO platform, an innovative new way to bring IPOs to market, where you can buy from $100 to $2,500 of our stock, and sell stock, with no fees.

AMC has always been at the forefront of innovation in our industry. We pioneered many important movie-going experiences, like the multiplex theatre format and stadium seating. More recently, we have introduced Dine-In Theatres, recliner renovations, The Marketplace concession stands and MacGuffins bars, not to mention IMAX®, ETX and 3D-capable digital projection. We will continue to innovate in the future, and offering our IPO in this manner, through this platform, is but one of the many ways we nurture that innovative spirit.

Thank you again for your patronage and see you at the movies,

Gerry Lopez
President & Chief Executive Officer, AMC Theatres 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014