• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WD-Red-4TB-3-5-SATA-64MB-Hard-Drive-WD40...

Drive Capacity: 4TB
Form Factor: 3.5"
SATA Transfer Rates Supported (Gb/s): SATA 6
Cache: 64MB
Rotational Speed: IntelliPower - Not specified by manufacturer
Dimensions: Not specified by manufacturer
Weight: Not specified by manufacturer

Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Some buyers reported that the drives were not packaged particularly well. Here's one person's album that ordered from the eBay seller.

rated:
fellerc said:   Some buyers reported that the drives were not packaged particularly well. Here's one person's album that ordered from the eBay seller.
  Yeah, I would not trust this batch and seller...

rated:
I ordered 5 from him and the drives were sent loose - the small amount of bubble wrap surrounded the five drives not individually - not surprisingly 3/5 were bad. What a pain in the butt.

Edit: the seller claims that this issue has been resolved and the drives are being shipped properly now.  I am returning 3 of them - hopefully I get 3 that are packed well.

rated:
What is the true RPM on these? I see it has some kind of variable/dynamic thing going on, but I am sure it has a min/max range and average, based on whatever task it's performing.

rated:
I'm looking for one for my Roamio Tivo. Will this drive be good or is there a better one at 4TB or even bigger?

rated:
djscal said:   I ordered 5 from him and the drives were sent loose - the small amount of bubble wrap surrounded the five drives not individually - not surprisingly 3/5 were bad. What a pain in the butt.

Edit: the seller claims that this issue has been resolved and the drives are being shipped properly now.  I am returning 3 of them - hopefully I get 3 that are packed well.

We'll see about that, most recent neg. feedback from yesterday shows bad packaging still.

rated:
You can see my post here I was not very happy probably the drives I returned they're re-selling back to customers. I didn't open drives though they're still factory sealed but I wouldn't use them knowing how boxes get transported during shipment. I'm sure failure rate will be really high.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1368682/m18530066/...

They told me they realized there was a problem with their shipping dept & they refunded me fully back didn't have to pay for return shipping label either.

rated:
I would avoid this batch. In fact, I probably wouldn't buy any of these off eBay for awhile.  I am afraid some buyers may start putting these shake and bake HD to recup their lost.  Seller is not exactly responsive to my inquiry.

I bought 2 for my NAS.  I opened one, DOA.  Didn't want to risk open the other.  Seller "gladly" accepted return.  Still waiting for return label (3 days now)...  I asked the seller if he's willing to refund AND just credit me $10 so I can rma these back WD.  No response either.

rated:
Don't forget that if you open an eBay case almost 100% of the time eBay will immediately refund all of your money. At that point, you have the drives and your money and most sellers become remarkably more responsive. Those of us that sell on eBay get raked over the coals by scammers that know this and use it to get free products, so those of you honest buyers that are getting boned by this seller should not forget that eBay has such an amazing policy for returns (i.e., don't sweat over return shipping labels, etc., when you can have your Cash Back by the end of the day today most likely).

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014